Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58425 Members - Latest Member: solpreston

April 23, 2024, 09:17:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7285298 times)
matwek
« Reply #27900 on: September 06, 2014, 07:13:59 AM »

Some banner art for a project I've been helping out with.

They have a Kickstarter if people are interested.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1971413574/poncho-an-open-world-puzzle-platformer?ref=nav_search
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27901 on: September 06, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »

Which is better, rounded shoulders or not?

In my opinion: not.
yaomon17
Level 1

https://twitter.com/YaomonKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27902 on: September 06, 2014, 05:16:27 PM »

Which is better, rounded shoulders or not?

In my opinion: not.
I agree not rounded.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #27903 on: September 06, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:26:51 AM by cynicalsandel » Logged

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27904 on: September 06, 2014, 11:38:21 PM »

I like the rounded sleeves, though it depends on what the style for the shirt's supposed to be. If it's supposed to have puffy sleeves like Princess Toadstool's dress, for example, then yeah, it'd make sense. If it's supposed to be more practical or modern, then non-puffy sleeves makes sense. Nice pixel work.

@cynical - Hah, how cute. I like how you got three rather different-looking characters out of such small pixels. I also like how you did their hair, as that's a major component for the look of the characters.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27905 on: September 07, 2014, 01:38:11 AM »

Wizard Wizard Wizard

Please tell me you are working on a game in this style..
Paleskins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27906 on: September 07, 2014, 02:22:49 AM »

I have an idea and brains to bring a good concept of a game and to make a business and development plans, but I have no any funders/investors to bring this into flesh. I live in Russia and no one interested in independent development. My last personal project Starscream made me homeless because of our native funders, so this experience make me sad and I'm afraid of this because I am a good game-designer and artist.

Ninja
You can also find a person on this art, a Pixel Sage, an easter egg. Пиксельный мудрец!

So I just creating art with innovative feel or atmosphere.

I catched this atmosphere while walking in a forest and thinking about mystical and chaotic worlds. I used an idea of Dark Souls setting where every thing have a significance that fades in circular neverending and weaving worlds. And some strange combinations of things like in a first Harry Potter movies.

I can say this art series are about mystical worlds, where lots of things can look childish but they cover they ancient powers. Meanings of things are strongly distorted.

ATM I'm preparing new art that shows us new charachter of this world, Knyghtt Garlyk, a stray warrior that lost his head. But in one special moment he found a Tal'King Garlyk. After losing head lost warrior became useless for others, but Tal'King Garlyk accepted him. They spent lots of time together and they decided to unite. Lost warrior dressed Tal'King Garlyk as head.
He and that magic garlic head become one person. Legendary person, Knyghtt Garlyk

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:59:29 AM by Paleskins » Logged
herror
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27907 on: September 07, 2014, 03:54:02 AM »

Kiss

jtfjtfjtf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27908 on: September 07, 2014, 03:58:23 AM »

I have an idea and brains to bring a good concept of a game and to make a business and development plans, but I have no any funders/investors to bring this into flesh. I live in Russia and no one interested in independent development. My last personal project Starscream made me homeless because of our native funders, so this experience make me sad and I'm afraid of this because I am a good game-designer and artist.

Ninja
You can also find a person on this art, a Pixel Sage, an easter egg. Пиксельный мудрец!

So I just creating art with innovative feel or atmosphere.

I catched this atmosphere while walking in a forest and thinking about mystical and chaotic worlds. I used an idea of Dark Souls setting where every thing have a significance that fades in circular neverending and weaving worlds. And some strange combinations of things like in a first Harry Potter movies.

I can say this art series are about mystical worlds, where lots of things can look childish but they cover they ancient powers. Meanings of things are strongly distorted.

ATM I'm preparing new art that shows us new charachter of this world, Knyghtt Garlyk, a stray warrior that lost his head. But in one special moment he found a Tal'King Garlyk. After losing head lost warrior became useless for others, but Tal'King Garlyk accepted him. They spent lots of time together and they decided to unite. Lost warrior dressed Tal'King Garlyk as head.
He and that magic garlic head become one person. Legendary person, Knyghtt Garlyk

I like that you have background stories for this art series you're making. I think it's an underutilized form of creativity. Very interesting!

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27909 on: September 07, 2014, 08:10:51 AM »

Same here.
No people interested in games, only dudes from IT who heard that games make money and now want to make something shitty for android. Lots of cynicism, but when it comes to coding everyone is quite crappy.
You should either learn GML or some easy language and do something yourself, there is no magic man to make your ideas.
standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #27910 on: September 07, 2014, 11:06:11 AM »

Finland is the only place I know where funding is easy(er) for indies. Here in US its hard too, but perhaps not as hard.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27911 on: September 07, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »

Finland is the only place I know where funding is easy(er) for indies. Here in US its hard too, but perhaps not as hard.

brb moving to Finland.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #27912 on: September 07, 2014, 01:58:48 PM »

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #27913 on: September 07, 2014, 02:03:26 PM »

Thanks god Im from finland! :D

@Keo thats looks damn fucking nice!
muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27914 on: September 07, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »

ooooooooh, keo!  Kiss
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27915 on: September 07, 2014, 02:44:28 PM »

Wizard Wizard Wizard

This got paged too quickly. A point-and-click game done in this style would be quite ground-breaking I think.

Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27916 on: September 07, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »

Tried to make her more feminine. Any thoughts?

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27917 on: September 07, 2014, 04:54:42 PM »

huge boobs

only clothing should be strawberries on nipples

jtfjtfjtf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27918 on: September 07, 2014, 05:38:20 PM »

Tried to make her more feminine. Any thoughts?

She looks feminine.

Blambo
« Reply #27919 on: September 07, 2014, 07:03:19 PM »

the difference is so minimal, go with the less anorexic one
Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic