Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:11:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7287877 times)
Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28260 on: October 03, 2014, 05:28:47 PM »

nice stuff tuaarita

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28261 on: October 03, 2014, 07:24:52 PM »

In-game that image will be overlayed on top of the hell void and snap shut when after the player is sucke into the void.

Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #28262 on: October 03, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »

EH, it doesn't say RECENT pixel work so here (it actually does but don't tell anyone)  Ninja

Them environments....  Addicted

Semi-long post, so please bear with me  Grin

A few days ago I told myself I should work on some pixel art. So I looked around my art folders for inspiration and I came across a particular piece belonging to Patrick Nagel, who's artwork I really love. So I decided to do a pixel art version of one of his artworks, not an exact replication but more of a inspired piece. But I didn't stop their and ended up adding all sorts of details. With a backstory to boot! I thought it would give the character some extra flair. I actually liked the backstory...And being nameless, I asked this mystery of a woman her name, she didn't answer so I named her Kriss. Suitable I guess. Familiar yet still interestingly out of the norm.

Here is the ref pic:

All she wanted to do was enjoy her time at the pool party. Until a few terrorists decided it would be more fun to crash the party with bombs and bullets. NOT AMUSED at all, she decided a little payback for ruining her perfectly good day was in order. Good thing she keeps her SMG handy at all times.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28263 on: October 03, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »

The girl looks good, but the background is too busy for me. The horizontal lines through the sky and in the reflections make it too confusing.

Zanhuf
« Reply #28264 on: October 04, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »

Still honing in on a style for my adventure game:

Actual size:

These look so good! Personally, im still trying to get a hand on anatomy:

I'm unsure of what muscles should be portrayed at this point, i don't want it to be super detailed, but i want the "main features" to be obvious. I'm still trying to get the chest down, not sure if it should be rounded, unsure about the feet and just generally trying to shape the body.

Main reason i posted this on this thread is that i am unsure of the proportions at the moment, I feel the stomach is too long/big and the chest isn't in the right position, but even after reading up on anatomy and looking at many pictures and editing it, i still feel there's something "off" about it.

Any advice on what im getting wrong in terms of portraying anatomy would be wonderful, as at this point im just looking at books and revising what i've done
CyangmouArt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28265 on: October 04, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »

sprite #3

description over at Deviantart:
http://fav.me/d81kh33

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #28266 on: October 04, 2014, 10:15:47 AM »

God damn, Cyangmou. The chrome exhaust pipes look a little out of place, but regardless. Excellent work.

KaiserCVR
Level 0

Amateur Artist/Professional Drinker

View Profile
« Reply #28267 on: October 04, 2014, 11:47:06 AM »

These look so good! Personally, im still trying to get a hand on anatomy:

I'm unsure of what muscles should be portrayed at this point, i don't want it to be super detailed, but i want the "main features" to be obvious. I'm still trying to get the chest down, not sure if it should be rounded, unsure about the feet and just generally trying to shape the body.

Main reason i posted this on this thread is that i am unsure of the proportions at the moment, I feel the stomach is too long/big and the chest isn't in the right position, but even after reading up on anatomy and looking at many pictures and editing it, i still feel there's something "off" about it.

Any advice on what im getting wrong in terms of portraying anatomy would be wonderful, as at this point im just looking at books and revising what i've done

Thanks man!

I'm far from an expert on anatomy (so take my advice with a heaping spoonful of salt, haha), but here's a quick edit of your sprite that might give you some ideas:

Overall proportions are looking pretty good, but his legs are just a hair short, so I'd lengthen them slightly. His shoulders are a little overly round, so I might square them out and add some indication of the deltoid. Also, right now the direction of the feet is making his stance a bit awkward. He's standing at a three quarters view, but it looks sort of like we're seeing the sides of both of his feet, so maybe try to indicate some foreshortening there.

Hope any of that helps you out!  Beer!

sprite #3

description over at Deviantart:
http://fav.me/d81kh33

Wow, amazing work! Love the design and the rendering is bananas.

Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28268 on: October 04, 2014, 02:06:26 PM »

That's amazing cyang  Shocked

ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28269 on: October 04, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »

I'm trying to make a habit of making new stuff more often, and might start finishing new mockup scenes on a weekly basis.

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28270 on: October 04, 2014, 09:31:07 PM »

@CyangmouArt: how much time do you spend drawing each sprite? O_O
Rosse
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28271 on: October 05, 2014, 03:15:07 AM »

Wow, so many great pixel pieces here to admire. Thank you all for posting such inspiring and motivating artworks!  Hand Clap Kiss

It's been long since I posted something here, so here's a small collection of works I've done in the past. I hope to post more soon!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 03:20:34 AM by Rosse » Logged

beestings
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28272 on: October 05, 2014, 07:14:41 AM »

something I literally just did for fun, but I thought I'd share! I was kind of rushed for time when I did it, I'm sure there's more I could do but I actually like it a lot.
Zanhuf
« Reply #28273 on: October 05, 2014, 08:43:06 AM »

Thanks man!

I'm far from an expert on anatomy (so take my advice with a heaping spoonful of salt, haha), but here's a quick edit of your sprite that might give you some ideas:

Overall proportions are looking pretty good, but his legs are just a hair short, so I'd lengthen them slightly. His shoulders are a little overly round, so I might square them out and add some indication of the deltoid. Also, right now the direction of the feet is making his stance a bit awkward. He's standing at a three quarters view, but it looks sort of like we're seeing the sides of both of his feet, so maybe try to indicate some foreshortening there.

Hope any of that helps you out!  Beer!

Thanks for the advice man! Spent a few hours last night on trying to render the muscle details, as well as changing the feet,chest, stomach, head and arms, i also wanted to let you know and show that your advice didn't go to waste or wasn't heeded:

Also tried to do the right arm, although i am unsure of how proportionate it should be in comparison to the left arm, given it will be occluded by the chest. I'll probably end up changing it, as i feel it makes it look more straight on, rather than the 3/4th view i am trying to go for.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28274 on: October 05, 2014, 09:40:53 AM »

he has no butt
Pelvic bone is as wide if not wider than ribcage
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28275 on: October 05, 2014, 09:46:20 AM »

just take any standing figure and run vertical lines through it to see all the difference
Lux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28276 on: October 05, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »

A little sprite I made for the winner of my first pixel art giveaway. He wanted "a rubber ducky wearing Chie from persona 4's outfit." I have no idea who Chie from Persona 4 is, but he seemed pleased.

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28277 on: October 05, 2014, 08:38:51 PM »

Got a little bored detailing tiles, ended up doing this for a bit longer than expected.

Maybe for a Super Smash Tactics or something. I just made myself sad.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:34:09 PM by unsilentwill » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28278 on: October 06, 2014, 01:41:22 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left

I don't recognise the guy on the right though?
KaiserCVR
Level 0

Amateur Artist/Professional Drinker

View Profile
« Reply #28279 on: October 06, 2014, 02:21:36 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic