Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:00:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1445 1446 [1447] 1448 1449 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7280373 times)
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #28920 on: January 09, 2015, 07:28:09 AM »

i think the fact that the blue part of the gradient is so saturated is what causes more issues tbh
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28921 on: January 09, 2015, 07:38:12 AM »

i think the fact that the blue part of the gradient is so saturated is what causes more issues tbh

You're right, maybe this would look better.
I'm just leaving the other image up so people know what the hell you're talking about.

(← new art twitter)
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28922 on: January 09, 2015, 07:58:55 AM »

Love this Miguelito! It's the perfect pixel art style to frame & hang on your walls.

Working on animating the sprites for my very, VERY early WIP tactics-style game.

olli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28923 on: January 09, 2015, 08:36:15 AM »

small gbc-style attack animation based on the final boss of my game teslagrad.

(the original looks like this:)

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28924 on: January 09, 2015, 08:43:15 AM »

This is great already, especially with the little extra hitch he does before actually striking.
The only thing that could be improved in any way for me would be adding *some* extra motion or preferably extra flourish when he puts the weapon back. It's a neat visual concept and the character seems to have the personality for it too.

(← new art twitter)
olli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28925 on: January 09, 2015, 08:47:47 AM »

yeah, could probably benefit from that- tried to limit frame count for gbc-ness but some limits are there to be bent:)
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #28926 on: January 09, 2015, 11:52:31 AM »

CyangmouArt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28927 on: January 09, 2015, 12:18:18 PM »

final one - currently

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #28928 on: January 09, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »

final one - currently

strongest artstyle?

i realise this is (relatively) old but please go with three because the other two look like some eroge shit and the third one makes it look like an actual character instead of an anime archetype

I would add more waist but the execution is better, However I like the less idealized figure (head and chest principally) of the second and third from the comparison pic, IMHO

CyangmouArt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28929 on: January 09, 2015, 12:33:47 PM »

@Gimym JIMBERT: I don't.

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28930 on: January 09, 2015, 04:50:03 PM »

I've been trying to go slightly higher res... here's an effort for today's pixel dailies...

Bass-Windu
Level 0

I like making pixel art. Not that good though.

View Profile
« Reply #28931 on: January 09, 2015, 06:49:04 PM »

I think #3 has the right mix of detail and stylisation.

This is just a jumble of tiles I've been working on. I'll upload some pictures of the trees and shit I've done too, but later on. Also, any programmers who are looking to make a 2-D game, get in contact with me so I can make my art into a vidya game. Cool

These are a good start but I would ditch the pillow shading on the grass. Also the flat diagonal lines used for the dirt don't give much sense of form though I guess it could work as a stylistic choice. The jar, bomb and metal all look pretty good but the stone is by far the best, you get a sense of the little scratches and defects in it. I would personally apply some of the same techniques to the dirt.

Thanks for the advice, improvements inbound!

"Dude, just chill." - Abraham Lincoln
Bass-Windu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28932 on: January 09, 2015, 10:14:30 PM »

I've noticed making cutesy pixel art is much harder than the grim, gory, dark stuff I'm used to and pretty "meh" to "decent" at(I may even dare say "good" Wink). Well who knew!

Improved some of the tiles such as the dirt and grass. I made some trees, and some birds, and a poopy placeholder character who will become much cuter with time (as lots of people do). Still not 100% pleased with this whatsoever, but I'll keep shitting out more screens of it as it gets better.

*insert smoking neckbeard emote*  Cool

dotstarmoney
Level 0

dotstarmoney.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28933 on: January 09, 2015, 11:08:07 PM »

First crack at an original pixel character.

I based it off this image:

while I was working on it, zoomed it, in doesn't look too bad, but when I zoom out it looks, well pretty bad. Personally I think I tried to keep things *too* symmetric and in the end it just didn't look great. That and I need to work on the colors, which I don't think match well at all either. Any critique or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

@dotstarmoney on twitter<br />dotstarmoney.com
Ninety
Level 1

turnip boy

View Profile
« Reply #28934 on: January 10, 2015, 02:16:41 AM »

Bass-Windu: That's a really big improvement. Trees, grass and dirt are all looking good. The mismatched pixel sizes with the birds bother me a little but that's it really.

Keep up the good work!

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #28935 on: January 10, 2015, 06:16:09 AM »

Dude, I want to play that!

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28936 on: January 10, 2015, 08:21:43 AM »

kitheif, that looks lovely. I like your choice of colors.

Bass-Windu, those two birds looks like they would be gossiping about that armored dude just loud enough for him to hear. They look mischievous like that. Smiley

Drew a hut a while ago and finally got around to putting in the game.

Bass-Windu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28937 on: January 10, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »

Decided that I suck absolute ass at "cutesy" pixel art, and I'll just stick to the gritty shit. With that being said, me and a friend have been doing some work for a game concept we have and are making some tile-sets for the initial levels to get a programmer or two on board. Those tile-sets will be posted on here within a couple of days. Keep up the great work everyone, especially you Eigen you BEAST!  Wink Smiley

ashpd
Level 1

Umm... Hello!

View Profile
« Reply #28938 on: January 11, 2015, 08:24:45 AM »

A maid-enemy for my game:

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28939 on: January 11, 2015, 09:59:34 AM »

yeah, could probably benefit from that- tried to limit frame count for gbc-ness but some limits are there to be bent:)
But the limit is 60FPS (=゚ω゚) I suppose one could argue that it all won't fit in video memory, but if the graphics are streamed (as usually happens with animated sprites) that isn't an issue.
Pages: 1 ... 1445 1446 [1447] 1448 1449 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic