Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:23:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1447 1448 [1449] 1450 1451 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7235978 times)
DoomCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28960 on: January 14, 2015, 12:43:03 AM »

I love the lighting and artwork!! Though the hands and arms look a bit funky and the animations could use some work. Also the way the font pops up was a bit fast and distracting.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it. A lot of the art is still from the game jam build, so it's subject to change, so some of the funkiness will most likely be sorted. You're dead right about the font pop ups. We're already working on improving that. Cheers.

DoomCube
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28961 on: January 14, 2015, 12:44:31 AM »

I feel REALLY stupid because I got stuck really early on in the demo..   Cry
Looks good!
Thanks a lot. The demo has its issues since it was made in less than 8 hours. Don't feel too stupid for getting stuck, there is  lot in there that should be more obvious to the player. We've a lot of work to do before its more user friendly.

olli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28962 on: January 14, 2015, 11:12:44 AM »

Reworked this- i think it flowa a little better now.
7 unique frames , 4 colors

also, tiny 3 color guacamelee. I think the original design is a bit too complex to work with similar proportions at this 16x32 size.might redo it in a more sd style

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:55:07 PM by olli » Logged
OldChilly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28963 on: January 14, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »

I took some of your advice and added a black outline to the character and messed with some of his colors. After that i reworked the saturation on the ground pieces and added some windows. I like the effect so far! thanks for the advice!
13x666
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28964 on: January 15, 2015, 02:02:54 AM »

I've been reading this thread for a while (you guys are awesome!), and at last I decided I'd share some of my current work too. My friend and I are working on a small mobile game, and here's some of the art I've made for this project:

The Jungle:

Complete with multi-layered parallax background.
(Bonus: an underwater tentacle thingy)

Evolution of slimes as they speed up and try harder to kill you:

There will also be a jumping one, of course.

A golem (he lives in a slightly different environment, Jungle Ruins):

The main character has been undergoing some redesign and reengineering to allow for relatively complex chained animations, replaceable elements and independently moving parts, so right now he's back in an early WIP stage:

But here's a glimpse of an old version of him, along with his noble steed:

We have some game-design points that present interesting artistic challenges, like environments that seamlessly blend into each other, so that'll be fun to figure out.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:57:03 PM by 13x666 » Logged
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28965 on: January 15, 2015, 11:44:21 AM »

I love the slime on stilts :D
Bass-Windu
Level 0

I like making pixel art. Not that good though.

View Profile
« Reply #28966 on: January 15, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »

Hey yall
The apple game just made 0.0001% of progress  Coffee

Not even worth updating the devlog but why not spam this thread instead, right?

Congratulations on reaching 0.0001%!

"Dude, just chill." - Abraham Lincoln
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28967 on: January 15, 2015, 10:31:10 PM »

A moonman pixels. We're having a comp over on Pixel Dailies, you can win four moon-based games and can also be an epitaph on a tombstone in Moonman. Comp ends in 3.5 hours Smiley

b2thec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28968 on: January 16, 2015, 01:31:49 AM »

Some pixely pixel stuff for River City Ransom Underground I have been working on. There is plenty more, but can't show everything. Here's a smidgen. A smidgen of a smidgen in fact.

unseven
« Reply #28969 on: January 16, 2015, 11:11:49 AM »

^ Dat thunderbolt is my favorite for sure.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28970 on: January 16, 2015, 03:35:07 PM »

These are all amazing!
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28971 on: January 16, 2015, 08:39:13 PM »

Yeah, these are really high quality. The animation's super smooth, and the anticipation's great, especially on that luchadore kick.

Bass-Windu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28972 on: January 17, 2015, 01:44:24 AM »

Did some more work, and I'd say it turned out better than my previous attempts at this style of stuff. The large 32 pix tiles were obviously repeated in some areas, but every other thing is done "by hand" for that specific spot, even dem birds. Of course, feel free to critique it but I have one rule for people who want to offer advice. You must use the word dichotomy at least once, and properly.

Cheers  Gentleman

13x666
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28973 on: January 17, 2015, 02:33:27 AM »

This is hard to resist.

So, I can't help but notice the dichotomy of low- and high-contrast areas in this one. The water is screaming with contrast and has pure white in it, whereas the candles almost make you squint to make them out against the sky. In general, contrast variation is a good thing, but I don't think making this waterfall the-most-central-est-main-est part of the picture is what you intended to do.

That said, I love this. Very Fez-like. Smiley
Bass-Windu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28974 on: January 17, 2015, 02:51:56 AM »

Good sir, you receive a tip of my hat and I applaud the living shit out you. That did not disappoint in the slightest. I agree, I could improve the water and certain things as the candles. Once I make improvements I'll definitely share them.

Also thank you, I guess my enjoyment of the Fez shows through in my art.   Gomez Tongue

initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #28975 on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:30 AM »

It's something I'm working on in very small bursts.

Animating a swim cycle is a lot harder than I thought.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
AlphaPlus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28976 on: January 17, 2015, 11:00:21 AM »

That amazing arm flail though.

Dat dichotomy though.

No seriously I like it. Is this for a platformer, or are we talking something else? Because I'm a sucker for pizel art, and I'd totally play this.

It does lack a certain...I dunno, pop? Dichotomy? Perhaps lack of contrast, could be remedied by some characters/item if you have them. But then I'm no pizel artist Wink

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
Bass-Windu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28977 on: January 17, 2015, 11:13:12 AM »

I think that it could use a more even distribution of contrast as well, it seems the water is the focal point as pointed out before but  wasn't the aim. So derp on my part. Durr...?

I'd love for this to become a game, but at the moment its just a couple sprite sheets and a character I'm struggling to animate. Maybe if someone approaches me wanting to do just that you'll end up playing it. Wink

Bass-Windu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28978 on: January 17, 2015, 11:17:35 AM »

As for what type of game this would be *if* it ever went from Art to Game... I suppose it would make the most sense to make it a platformer. As to what you'd do in said platformer.. er.. platform? Pick things up and put them back down, maybe?  Shrug

lame joe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28979 on: January 17, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »

here's a little pixel big boss from ground zeroes I made for funsies
Pages: 1 ... 1447 1448 [1449] 1450 1451 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic