Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:22:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7235681 times)
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29180 on: February 23, 2015, 12:25:43 PM »

Great colors, yeah, though I agree about the yellow being a bit strong. Love those greens.

@eliasdaler - Not bad, but it could be improved. He doesn't wind up his swing; he does it from, like, his elbow, which is illogical for a heavy strike (or any kind of strike). The particles are too non-sensical at the moment. You would probably do better to make them actually draw into / around the weapon or otherwise move in an interesting manner.

@Rat - Cool characters. They all look pretty interesting!

Canned Turkey
« Reply #29181 on: February 23, 2015, 08:26:32 PM »

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29182 on: February 23, 2015, 10:56:05 PM »

ah @Bobert that looks wonderful! I'd play a a version that looked like that

eliasdaler
« Reply #29183 on: February 23, 2015, 11:09:54 PM »

@SolarLune Thanks for your feedback, I'll try to improve it.
mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #29184 on: February 24, 2015, 09:58:03 AM »

Here's a WIP of my knight character in the game im doing. I am still new to this so feel free to point out where I suck.. Thanks guys!

Cool character.

His head rotates too much when running. If you're going for a Megaman-like run, tone it down a bit, I think.

Attacking's not bad, but he should lean in more for how big his sword is, I think. The shield should rotate to be visible to the camera (where we can see the front of the shield) when he bashes with it, I think. Otherwise it doesn't really look too much like a bash.

At that resolution, idling could be more convincingly portrayed through actual movement; give more movement of individual parts to imply breathing and "living", rather than just bobbing up and down.

@Moth - Really nice stuff all around. I also like that rotating map; did you pixel it by hand, or do a render to give yourself a base?

Hello SolarLune, thanks for the feedback and sorry it took me forever to get back to you, apparentally you don't receive any notification from quote lol..

1. I will adjust the head movement, that is an excellent point, now it looks like he is running on crack
2. I changed it a little bit to have the shoulder directly above the leg for the lean in effect, however I am not sure on the shield, I am trying to make him do a really quick bash (like a jab, you retract the shield right after the impact) to the direction he is facing to knockback the enemy. Do you think the action will show the entire shield to the side?
3. Yeah the idle is too much, I will make it less subtle lol...

Thank you for your response, one other thing: do you have any suggestion on color/shading? I worked on him for too long so at this point I can't really tell if his armor looks like armor or if he is ugly or not lol..

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #29185 on: February 24, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »

Saw in Devlogs a game called "Escape Mars" and I thought the title-screen could look better. So I went and made a little arcade game title screen Smiley

tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29186 on: February 24, 2015, 08:12:10 PM »

FIGHT THE MAN

ARMS ARE FOR COMMUNISTS
but really i need an idea of some good beefy arms to work from if u could spare.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:25:22 PM by μηκοοι » Logged

ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29187 on: February 24, 2015, 09:02:01 PM »

Haven't quite done much anything in a while.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29188 on: February 24, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »

@Saj - Nice and smooth.

1. I will adjust the head movement, that is an excellent point, now it looks like he is running on crack
2. I changed it a little bit to have the shoulder directly above the leg for the lean in effect, however I am not sure on the shield, I am trying to make him do a really quick bash (like a jab, you retract the shield right after the impact) to the direction he is facing to knockback the enemy. Do you think the action will show the entire shield to the side?
3. Yeah the idle is too much, I will make it less subtle lol...

Thank you for your response, one other thing: do you have any suggestion on color/shading? I worked on him for too long so at this point I can't really tell if his armor looks like armor or if he is ugly or not lol..

I don't have too many suggestions for color; it's OK at the moment. You might want to try adding a little more detail like you have on the trim of his helmet, though that might be too busy, so you'll have to play it by ear. You might also want to beef him up a bit to make it look like he fills out the suit better.

And no problem.

Scut Fabulous
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29189 on: February 25, 2015, 09:56:06 AM »

Haven't quite done much anything in a while.

Would love to see more from you.  Your minimalism is always impressive!

From a game mockup I poke away at every once in a while.

austinbreed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29190 on: February 25, 2015, 08:39:27 PM »

qwiboo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29191 on: February 25, 2015, 09:12:24 PM »

Some pixel art from my next game Ball King. See more at http://ballkinggame.tumblr.com/.

Creator of Bike Baron for iOS and Mac. http://www.qwiboo.com
Beyond Gravity http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=36560.0
Working on Ball King http://ballkinggame.tumblr.com/
diest
Level 1

@diest64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29192 on: February 26, 2015, 02:34:13 AM »

drew this for pixel dailies

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #29193 on: February 26, 2015, 03:02:29 PM »

@beetleking22: love the textures, has a great weighty feel to it like the clouds and rocks are real. I love the block in the dirt

messy proof of concept for a cylindrical map that allows rotation

some random bits and bobs from various games

Good things are good.

Catghost
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29194 on: February 26, 2015, 07:11:09 PM »

batbatbat
ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29195 on: February 26, 2015, 11:51:32 PM »

a friend online commissioned me to do an avatar based on their cow character here, but they wanted it in the style that I have my current avatar on here in. It took a while but I feel pretty proud how the design came out!

also this is the first time I actually ever did a commission so wooo excite

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29196 on: February 26, 2015, 11:55:20 PM »

@Catghost - The character itself is pretty well-pixeled so far. It seems like it's not obvious what gender it is, though. The character's outfit is feminine, but the chin's kinda square, the neck kinda thick, the shoulders broad, and her mid-section's wide and without shape. Also, the trunk seems to lack hips, male or female.

@Sajextryus - Pretty cool, but I think you should drop the details in the hair and just focus on getting the silhouette and main details (eyes and mouth) to look right. It takes a bit of looking and a couple of glances at the source pic for me to understand what it was supposed to be.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29197 on: February 27, 2015, 01:31:35 AM »

needed to pixel a statue for my game, so I did.
(wanted to make it human-colored first, then I dyed the whole thing the same white as the pillar last)

skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29198 on: February 27, 2015, 01:38:14 AM »

Hi!

A few concepts I made for a game I put aside... This game would have included dinosaurs, and bears.

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29199 on: February 27, 2015, 01:40:17 AM »

Those are some nice dinos! I like the bear there giving everything a good sense of scale

Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic