Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:11:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7280497 times)
jazzmaster9
Level 0

Avid Game Designer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29640 on: June 09, 2015, 05:31:38 AM »

Some sprites from the game I'm currently working on.

shellbot
« Reply #29641 on: June 09, 2015, 10:14:26 AM »

finished it

Holy pro-level pixel art Batman!
Nice color usage!

@Joh, I'm in agreeance with Rakugaki, I would say that the body seems especially flat in comparison to the hair
CyangmouArt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29642 on: June 09, 2015, 04:04:30 PM »

lol yeah. And thanks for the follow. Smiley I can't wait to see the entire scene.

Lovely portrait. Is that you?

No not me, actually it was done as a wedding gift.

Scene material is also coming along nicely, what's left for now  is just to build everything together and maybe polish tiny details =)

Joh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29643 on: June 10, 2015, 07:26:49 AM »

and @Joh, that hair looks pretty nicely done. I'd suggest working for some more depth to the rest of the body though, maybe shade the cheeks of the face or add a bit more shadow to the overall body?
also maybe ears, unless it's a style thing.
@Joh, I'm in agreeance with Rakugaki, I would say that the body seems especially flat in comparison to the hair
ears? whats that? Tongue
I was avoiding shading because well, im not very good at it and seems like it would be hell for animations. I guess a true pixel artist cuts no corner Tongue
tried shading it.

shellbot
« Reply #29644 on: June 10, 2015, 12:08:38 PM »

and @Joh, that hair looks pretty nicely done. I'd suggest working for some more depth to the rest of the body though, maybe shade the cheeks of the face or add a bit more shadow to the overall body?
also maybe ears, unless it's a style thing.
ears? whats that? Tongue
I was avoiding shading because well, im not very good at it and seems like it would be hell for animations. I guess a true pixel artist cuts no corner Tongue
tried shading it.

Definitely better.

My only gripe this time would be to use selective outlining, like you did with the hair, but it's definitely an improvement either ways  Beer!
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29645 on: June 11, 2015, 11:00:38 AM »

So much nice stuff, as usual. Rakugaki-Otoko, I want to eat your pixel art NOW.

Drilling is cool. Drilling ateroids is a lot cooler than cool.

A little try at making a mining ship. Just lack the tractor beam turret!

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
Delicious
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #29646 on: June 11, 2015, 01:22:30 PM »

Haven't posted here in a while, so I figured I'd share some WIP pixels for my project I'm workin' on still!

Blah Blah Blah <3
Twitter - Zjdelicious
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29647 on: June 11, 2015, 01:24:39 PM »

Delicious' delicious delicacies, as usual
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29648 on: June 11, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »

Wooo! Shocked May I ask what the project is about?

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29649 on: June 11, 2015, 06:28:42 PM »

aw thanks skaz, and that ship looks great! really nice recognizable form, it's nicely done.
Joh, you're getting there! I'd agree with shellbot to try selective outlining.
and Delicious, you sure live up to your username. that looks great! Very "good gameboy advance" game vibes coming to me from that artwork, and I mean that very much as a compliment. Those little clusters of flowers are a nice touch, too! They really add some more visual noise that keeps the flat green grass pattern visually appealing.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29650 on: June 11, 2015, 07:39:35 PM »

Hmm, GBA graphics are probably my favorite next to Genesis type.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Delicious
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #29651 on: June 11, 2015, 07:48:56 PM »

Thanks guys I really appreciate! :D I should add that the flowers are work from Slym (Tony Redmer) as we collaborated on this project together. To be specific, he made the flowers and he also helped on the colors of the trees.

It's just something I've been doing on and off for the pass 2 years, making a large amount of tiles and sprites for (so far an imaginary) Pokemon-inspired online game, allowing players to compete against each other, trade and socialize - The battle system will be slightly different, but hopefully feel nostalgic to that of the old Pokemon games. It will also have a story-line that'll (hopefully) keep players intrigued as appose to grinding quests. I've got lots done for it, but for now it's really just for fun until I have enough work done and a more solid idea of the direction I'd like to take it.

If you're interested in it, I have been posting up some stuff for it on my Twitter account - ZjDelicious

Thanks! :D

Also to be on topic, here's a guy I've been working on recently named Hoodlum for the same project

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:05:02 PM by Delicious » Logged

Blah Blah Blah <3
Twitter - Zjdelicious
Ninety
Level 1

turnip boy

View Profile
« Reply #29652 on: June 11, 2015, 09:32:54 PM »

^ I love that cel shading.

Been working on some kind of RPG-looking thing. It's not actually a tileset ATM, but maybe I'll convert it into one. Very WIP.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29653 on: June 11, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »

Relax. The reactor can't be defeated!

Alpha Pink
Level 0

Jet Drift Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29654 on: June 12, 2015, 08:01:59 AM »

^Awesome, dude! I really like the colors and design. The hat is a bit pillow-y though.

some item sprites I'm working on for a retro shooter project  Cool
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29655 on: June 12, 2015, 10:47:53 PM »

Thanks guys I really appreciate! :D I should add that the flowers are work from Slym (Tony Redmer) as we collaborated on this project together. To be specific, he made the flowers and he also helped on the colors of the trees.

It's just something I've been doing on and off for the pass 2 years, making a large amount of tiles and sprites for (so far an imaginary) Pokemon-inspired online game, allowing players to compete against each other, trade and socialize - The battle system will be slightly different, but hopefully feel nostalgic to that of the old Pokemon games. It will also have a story-line that'll (hopefully) keep players intrigued as appose to grinding quests. I've got lots done for it, but for now it's really just for fun until I have enough work done and a more solid idea of the direction I'd like to take it.

If you're interested in it, I have been posting up some stuff for it on my Twitter account - ZjDelicious

Thanks! :D

Also to be on topic, here's a guy I've been working on recently named Hoodlum for the same project

Haha! I've been following you on twitter for like a week or so. I followed quite a few indie game devs around that time. I immediately recognized your picture. Even favorited and retweeted it from what I remember.

Edit: No wait, I wasn't following you until now but I have seen your work on twitter.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #29656 on: June 13, 2015, 12:43:46 PM »

commission

shellbot
« Reply #29657 on: June 14, 2015, 12:06:13 PM »

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #29658 on: June 14, 2015, 01:02:39 PM »

Relax. The reactor can't be defeated!

I really like the color palette you used there. If you don't mind me asking, is that a Kirby Super Star reference? I can't tell if that's an actual quote from the game (I couldn't speak English when I first played through it so I couldn't memorize any of the lines), but it would make sense context-wise, plus that hat, dude. That hat.

But either way, I really like that drawing. Smiley
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29659 on: June 14, 2015, 02:00:22 PM »

Captain Vul ?

commission

commission for a game?
Pages: 1 ... 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 ... 1637
Print
Jump to: