Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026433 Posts in 41144 Topics- by 32748 Members - Latest Member: VashtaNerada

July 24, 2014, 04:27:11 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperCreativeArtshow us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 1839
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 2809669 times)
keo
Level 8

room of doubt

View Profile
« Reply #21735 on: March 03, 2013, 05:04:05 PM »

pixel work is kind of an ambiguous title
I don't think there's a standard for pixel work unlike pixel art
to me anything that is low resolution, where pixels are part of the design should be here

i wonder if there were other threads like game art or animation, we'd see more work?

Quade Zaban
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21736 on: March 03, 2013, 06:16:04 PM »

it's probably just rotoscoping, which in that case every pixel should be placed intentionally.

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

jaredsgems@aol.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21737 on: March 03, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »

Kitty bot.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #21738 on: March 03, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »

Kitty bot.

Well that's just fantastic.
Is that NES palette or does it just kinda look that way?

I enjoy video games @JasonBrouwers
The most recent game I made was: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/634128
ClayB
« Reply #21739 on: March 03, 2013, 08:00:36 PM »

nice kitty, jared

making this for the compo at gamejolt, unsure if i have the will to finish it
Ashkin
Level 10

king of kings

View Profile
« Reply #21740 on: March 03, 2013, 08:46:50 PM »

Lots of good pixels in here lately guys, great job Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right
... I should really do more pixels.
siskavard
Level 10

FUTUREBEARD

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21741 on: March 03, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »

original size

I'm hoping for some feedback on this guy. I don't want any shading in his eye area, but as it is right now the pixels bordering the eyes are really jagged looking compared to the rest of his body. Trying to find a solution.

Cheers!

JOBA
Level 1

EZ

View Profile
« Reply #21742 on: March 03, 2013, 11:41:55 PM »

Hi everyone!
I'm new here, but I thought I would upload something I made a while ago. I usually call myself a programmer, but I would like to learn this art wizardry too.  Wizard

I'm in the same boat (programmer, not quite artist), perhaps we can help each other out as we try to learn this pixel junk?
*snuggle*
Art is hard, makes no sense.
I'm working on a party creation screen for a first person dungeon crawler thing and I need to draw ~20 character portraits. First 4 are in. Fourth one is drawn on a different day, and came out disproportionate to the other three. I also need to make faces a little bit more quirky and interesting.

Human faces, lights and shadows, how do they work.

Instant TileEd - draw pixel art games and export them to Tiled TMX!
Looking for artist for a CRPG!
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21743 on: March 04, 2013, 12:05:09 AM »

original size

I'm hoping for some feedback on this guy. I don't want any shading in his eye area, but as it is right now the pixels bordering the eyes are really jagged looking compared to the rest of his body. Trying to find a solution.

Cheers!

looks legitimate, to solve your issue, you could find a color between the blue of the face and blue of the eyes to grace the upmost and lowermost diagonal pixels in the eye

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Atnas
Level 4

dinowolfram@gmail.com mawilekun
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21744 on: March 04, 2013, 05:40:28 AM »

lotta quick ships for a job

Brother Android
Level 10

A poor boy, my story seldom told.

View Profile Email
« Reply #21745 on: March 04, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »

I don't necessarily know the answer to this, but I do have a few suggestions:

1) The cleric looks cross-eyed because the pupils aren't centered. Also, the eyes on the first three contrast so much with the skin that it looks a little unnatural, like they're opening their eyes too wide.

2) Practice texturing hair. Sorcerer looks almost like he's wearing a helmet (is he?) because of the weird hair shading and the shadow that the hair casts on the face. The paladin's hair looks very flat and strange as well, and the knight's beard is a different color from his hair which is unsettling even in real life.

3) The skin tones on the first three portraits are inconsistent. Some parts of the skin seem too yellowish and don't mix well with the others.

In general I think the sorcerer looks much better than the others. The skin tone is more natural and the style is more realistic and he doesn't look terrified or like he wants to eat me. It may also help that you're not really drawing the neck in that one, as it gives more space for adding detail to the face, and the necks are a bit oddly proportioned in the others anyway. If you can do more in that style, I think you'd get serviceable results overall. (Caveat, I don't actually know much about anything.)

Hope this helps.

geepit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21746 on: March 04, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »

Joba this tutorial thing on faces is pretty good, definitely worth checking out:
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/tutorials.asp?id=2254

Also i really like these!

beetleking22
Level 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #21747 on: March 05, 2013, 12:04:11 AM »

Main Issue with Invoker right now is readability. Sad

I really like those but those lacks some light.

Im big Metroid fan.. So I decide to make icetileset for Super metroid. Nintendo own that Super metroid sprite.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:23:58 AM by beetleking22 » Logged
JOBA
Level 1

EZ

View Profile
« Reply #21748 on: March 05, 2013, 02:08:29 AM »

I don't necessarily know the answer to this, but I do have a few suggestions:

1) The cleric looks cross-eyed because the pupils aren't centered. Also, the eyes on the first three contrast so much with the skin that it looks a little unnatural, like they're opening their eyes too wide.

2) Practice texturing hair. Sorcerer looks almost like he's wearing a helmet (is he?) because of the weird hair shading and the shadow that the hair casts on the face. The paladin's hair looks very flat and strange as well, and the knight's beard is a different color from his hair which is unsettling even in real life.

3) The skin tones on the first three portraits are inconsistent. Some parts of the skin seem too yellowish and don't mix well with the others.

In general I think the sorcerer looks much better than the others. The skin tone is more natural and the style is more realistic and he doesn't look terrified or like he wants to eat me. It may also help that you're not really drawing the neck in that one, as it gives more space for adding detail to the face, and the necks are a bit oddly proportioned in the others anyway. If you can do more in that style, I think you'd get serviceable results overall. (Caveat, I don't actually know much about anything.)

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Redrew some of them. Paladin has to go, looks too much like a creepy rapist. Sorcerer also has creepy vibe.
Face color is still not optimal, i think it needs a little bit of that orangy tint.

Knight and Cleric look better because the light source is from the side I think.

Instant TileEd - draw pixel art games and export them to Tiled TMX!
Looking for artist for a CRPG!
Atnas
Level 4

dinowolfram@gmail.com mawilekun
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21749 on: March 05, 2013, 02:14:20 AM »

@beetleking: the one with more contrast looks better. it looks really really smooth, i love it!
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 1839
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic