Cave X-Plorer is a new robotic exploration solution from the Macrosoft Etheration Robotics division. The X-Plorer's numerous spokes, spaced pi/8 radians apart, allow it to smoothly and effortlessly navigate hard and uneven terrain.
Additionally, the X-Plorer contains systems for collecting, storing, and combining the music, instrument, and terrain "genomes" found in most cave systems.
Early prototypes such as the one shown in the photographs below show a great deal of promise, and the X-Plorer may be ready for public consumption as early as June.
Macrosoft Etheration's unique Landscape Genome System (LGS) allows for the creation of more than just Realistic Cave-like Environments (RCE). Changing just a few variables yields the landscape shown below.
Note: Macrosoft Etheration reserves the right to begin consumer testing of the X-Plorer upon completion of the basic landscape generations systems. In true Macrosoft fashion, we will, at that time, gladly accept feedback and file it away in a location that will make it impossible to retrieve.
Macrosoft Etheration is prepared to release the first consumer trial of the Cave X-Plorer. It can be obtained using the link given below. Left and Right arrow keys are used for movement, up and down are used to adjust absolute altitude, which remains constant otherwise, and z causes the spokes to retract. When z is released, the spokes rapidly extend, providing an upward force significantly greater than gravity. In this version, pressing x generates a random instrument.http://home.comcast.net/~gravyman3321/CaveXPlorer.zip
- Random freezes (be ready to use your task manager)
- Crashes for config.txt resolution = 1024x768
- The "music" is not continuous on some computers. Macrosoft has tested two computers with differing results.
- The LGS is known to malfunction occasionally, resulting in unusual cave formations.
Project progress (56%):
Guidance System - 100%
- Left/Right Movement - Complete
- Altitude Control - Complete
- Enhanced Matter Interaction - Complete
- Roll-Move Synchronization - Complete
- Spoke-Failure Vulnerability Patch - Complete
Note: Spoke zero displays unique optical properties. According to all instruments, it exists and is visible,
and yet it remains completely invisible. This property should be marked for further study (potential applications in time-limited demo software).
- Advanced Maneuverability - Complete
- Terrain Tracking and Adaptation - Complete
Environment Control - 70%
- Music Genome Handling - 75%
- Instrument Genome Handling - 75% (100% on TI-84)
- Music Creation - 50%
- Landscape Genome Handling - >50%
- Landscape Generation - 95%
- Down component - Complete
- Left component - Complete
- Right component - Complete
- Polision - 75% <-Not entirely sure what that is.
- Getting it to consistently not crash when moving to a new area - Priceless (also complete)
Genome Manipulation Systems - 12%
- Combination System - 25%
- User Interface - 10%
- Genome saving/loading - 0%
Other Systems - 42%
- Menu System - 25%
- Powerup Display - 0%
- Product Placement System - 100%