Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:49:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall"Zombie Home Run" flash game released :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Zombie Home Run" flash game released :D  (Read 3046 times)
Christian223
Level 1

DRAGON was robot

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »

My first flash game "Zombie home run" got released yesterday, it is made in Flixel, try it  Grin.

You have a baseball bat with which you hit zombies to make them bounce around and make combos for points, it has a story and survival mode.

Here's the link to it: http://www.playtowerdefensegames.com/games/1022/play.html
SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »

I really enjoyed it! The mechanics were nice and smooth, and the art was lovely.

Couple of points:

-It took me literally 30-40 seconds to figure out where the skip ad button was in your preloader. I know it's not your fault, but be aware that I nearly gave up on playing altogether.

-The X and Z buttons seemed to be the wrong way round to me

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 08:42:50 AM »

I agree with everything SFBTom said, especially about the Z and X buttons being the wrong way around. The batting mechanic was very satisfying, and I enjoyed cannoning the zombies off each other. The story mode is embarrassingly easy, I completed it in about 5 minutes, but I suppose that's ok for a casual flash game like this.

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:15:38 AM »

Fun concept good mechanics, little short, little easy, but overall a good idea. Maybe in the sequal you can add more enemy types, different bats, more levels, etc. I liked the story between levels, although this slows down the pase of the game a bit.

About the x and z: you can change them in the menu, but i admid they should be the other way around standard.

A good proof of concept. Make a sequal, you have the written engine anyway.
Christian223
Level 1

DRAGON was robot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »

Thanks a lot for the really nice comments Smiley, I'm going to have in mind all the suggestions for the sequel.

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »

Neat little game.
The story mode was indeed quite easy.... maybe in the sequel you should have multiple difficulty levels.
The core mechanic is great; it works well, and it kept me interested through the whole length of the thing, even though it did get a little repetitive.
I have to be honest and admit that I disliked nearly every in-game graphic (some of the backgrounds were OK, but I could have done without most of the other things)... But, conversely, I loved the cutscene artwork; it was fun, and it all had a lot of personality. You should try to work on improving the in-game assets, since it seems to me you should be capable of doing that if you spend some time on it.
I liked the overall flavor and humor of the game, which came out well in the scenes between levels (both through the text and the images). I enjoyed the silliness of the wholesome message... it almost seemed like it came out of a really weird children's book (and in case you think any of this is meant to be negative, it's really not).
The music was great and well-fitting. I'm going to assume it wasn't written originally for the game, though, since it all came from different sources. I would strongly recommend that you find somebody to write you some original works for the sequel. It kinda bugs me when games don't use their own music, to be honest... even if the music they use is good and works well (and that is indeed the case with your game). Some pretty well-known and successful games do this (notably Braid), and I strongly think it's not hard to avoid and it makes the game better every single time it's done.
That said: If the music is original, kudos! Otherwise, like I said, it's something to think about improving on for the sequel.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
namre
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 09:18:27 PM »

Loved every second of it! Mechanic is simple and fun! Just goes to show that the most fun games are the most simple.

I just love it whenever I get to rack up crazy combos. Although it would be nice if there is a much more prominent feedback when a lot of combos are attained. You see, although I know I am stacking up a lot of combos, I couldn't really tell if I did because I had to concentrate on the zombies near my line of defense.

A good idea is to have a sound play like "MegaKill!" "Wicked Sick!" or something like that. Or, you could have the game slow down for a second so that the player can be able to see the combo text. By doing it this way, racking up combos would be more satisfying as you can see the combos that you did.

The music was also great. The start of the piece sets the mood quite nicely as it prepares the player for the impending attack.

As for the graphics, could use a little more improvements but I don't really mind.

Again, nice work. :D
kefka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 12:40:53 PM »

I'm very impressed!

The gameplay is nice and smooth, controls feel great and the basic mechanic is simply fun.

Also the music rocked.  Well done.
Laufman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 12:54:05 PM »

Hey that's pretty damn cool! I totally recommend playing this one! Nice work! Coffee

Christian223
Level 1

DRAGON was robot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »

Thanks again, I'm impressed too as I didn't think my game would be appreciated, thanks a lot!.

Very good detailed info AR, I'm going to keep in mind what you said for making the game better.

I am working with another person making the sequel right now!, stay tuned, I might release the sequel in 1 month or so. :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic