Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:46:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Collaboration thread. Get help, offer help!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Collaboration thread. Get help, offer help!  (Read 33848 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »

This is the main thread for requests and offers of collaborations in creating games for the compo. With the more unusual and technical theme, collaborations may be more valuable than ever! Seek services or offer your own to the highest bidder! (we only accept love as currency).

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:12:59 AM »

Any Flash CS artists (vector, not pixelly) who are looking for a coder to handle all the bullshit networking+math (Screamy) parts, I'd be down for collaboration! For the fun of it, I'd like to work with someone I haven't worked with before.

If you've got a game idea in mind, hit me up with it, otherwise I've got some ideas already, so just hit me up and we can toss some ideas back and forth and go over what kind of art we want! Smiley

PM me!

EDIT: Here is my thread.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:25:00 AM by ChevyRay » Logged
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »

I am looking for an artist/designer for a collaboration on this one. I've thrown around a couple ideas before the compo started but I'm open to just about anything that can get done in a month. I have some experience with networking systems, the hardest part for me is coming up with something that is hits the fun mark. I mostly code in C++ but I have a large amount of experience in AS3/Flash so either is fine. I'm interested in a 2D project, but it does not have to be low-res sprite work Smiley

PM me with your previous work or just doodles you've done and I'll shoot you my MSN/Gmail/AIM name. Or find me on the #tigirc IRC channel and bug me.

My previous work:
Spuck (Gamma4 entry)
Target: Terror Wii port
Ultraviolent Moon Patrol (unfinished tig compo entry)

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »

I can both program with GM and make graphics, preferably relatively hi-res painting things. WIth GM I can code rather well, but advanced physics and online networking are out of my skills. However, I can probably develop something simple online games i.e. turnbased games just by learning things on fly :D

I would like to collaborate with someone who could either program well while I do graphics or vice versa. You can see stuff I have done before from my website http://www.time-eater.net I would also like to be part of design process as well.

I don't have any real ideas yet and I'm ready to hear ideas or start brainstorming from scratch too.

PM me if interested.
EDIT: Already in collaboration.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:36:00 PM by Tumetsu » Logged

CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 11:23:32 AM »

I'm open to joining a collaboration as a programmer (although I can also contribute musically and graphically if necessary) with an artist if anybody wants, although I won't be able to start until the 20th at the earliest because of exams. I tend to work in C++ or C#, but I'm open to trying other things - although I do like to work with C++ as it's a skill I want to develop further. I have a little experience with network programming in that I wrote a vaguely functional multi-user chat application and server over a year ago (screenshot).

In terms of games I made GramaGeddon for the game by its cover competition and I've made some other crappy things which aren't really worth mentioning.

namre
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »

[EDIT: Taken]

Hi guys,

I was initially planning on doing my own online/networked game for the compo but I'm afraid I don't have the necessary skills to make one yet.

So, if you guys are looking for an artist to do the art for you, then you might want to consider picking me.

If no one picks me, that's okay. I might just make an offline hotseat game.

Just PM me if you guys are interested!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:30:10 PM by Accidental Rebel » Logged
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 01:06:55 PM »

I'd collaborate. I can handle coding myself, but can't draw shit. I can code anything, just point it.

LemonScented
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 03:44:38 PM »

I code. Probably using my C++ engine, even though it will cause me to swear more often than just using something simple and off-the-shelf. It's as good an excuse as any to throw in some ill-fitting networking code or something. So, looking for a 2D artist (pixel, high-res, whatever you think would be cool), and maybe someone who can do some music. And people to bounce ideas off is always cool as well. PM me, mofos... Let's get all competitive up in this piece!

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 06:09:15 PM »

I'd be up for a collaboration with someone. My GM skills are weak, so I'd volunteer to do the art (samples) and do or collaborate on the design. So I'm looking for a programmer to do something with. If you know GM that works too.

EDIT: Cthulhu32 and I will be collaborating on this thing here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:09:34 PM by Kumar "Destral" Daryanani » Logged

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 06:53:25 PM »

I need a good programmer to help me with a two-player dogfighting game, A Skirmish in the Manner of Canines.
I already have the core idea down, but I figure there's plenty of room for input and refinement on the details, so I hope nobody is put off by that. I need a partner; there's no way I can do this on my own!
Expect nice pictures and hope for nice music as well. Programming would be up to you!

UPDATE:
Project is GO!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:42:37 PM by Machine Saint » Logged

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
NathanielEdwards
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »

I can contribute short music tracks for competition entries, since I'm making a disc of demos for game soundtracks right now anyway. I work largely in electronic music, but I play acoustic guitar and piano and can work (to varying degrees of quality) in any other basic genres.

PM me, y'all.

NathanielEdwards.com for gaming journalism and music. SoundCloud page BandCamp page
Kren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »

so uhm  I offer my pixel skills to any coder needing them, I want to do something random >_< so erm I hope to get a coder to help me or to help him on his game ;3.
most of my stuffs can bee seen on my last post or just by clicking here.

so if you want my help or want to help me and collab on a game just send me a pm!!
jwk5
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:03 PM »

I might enter this contest if I can partner up with someone who wouldn't mind taking on the brunt of the programming (I've already got another project in the works and I don't want to spread myself too thin, I am a quicker artist than I am a programmer). I have quite a few ideas for games I've brainstormed up for the contest already but I wouldn't mind working for scratch either. If anyone's interested in collaborating feel free to PM me.

You might get somewhat of an idea how I opperate here or here (or just look for the random doodles I litter threads with lol).
eclectocrat
Level 5

Most of your personality is unconscious.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 11:03:23 PM »

Hey,

Coder here. I can work in C++, Python/Pygame, Lua, Objective-C (yeah, for winblowz, heh). I am really busy with a project now, but would love to collaborate with a self directed artist, or even another programmer who wants to offload some tasks.

If you have an idea, send me some art and I will send you some code/executable.

I make Mysterious Castle, a Tactics-Roguelike
ink.inc
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 12:50:46 AM »

If there are any musicians out there on TIGS who'd be willing to help make some tunes for the entry to the compo that I'm workin' on, I'd be eternally grateful.

Here's the copypasta from the entry thread:

This game is a survival simulation based on the economic principle of scarcity.

You and your friend have just crash landed on a godforsaken planet. Your space ship is utterly destroyed, and the two of you are completely alone in the outer rims of the human empire. But before your transmitter burned out during atmospheric entry, you managed to get a distress signal to the nearest station. Unfortunately, that station is 30 days away, and the contents of your cargo bay (which, as luck would have it, exploded) have either been scattered throughout the planet, or just burnt away. Your initial supplies are severely limited. Though at first you must make attempts to work together and find whatever supplies you can scrounge up, it becomes clear that you and your friend are in direct competition for the two most valuable commodities on this desolate land: food and water. And no matter how hard the two of you search, there is only enough for one. Expect hoarding, lying, backstabbing, and ultimate betrayal. Because when it comes down to it, nobody wants to be the one to die.

The game will be made in GM8. It will have local 2player, and eventually networked 2player (or maybe even more than that). I can handle all the art assets and the code, but I'm pretty much musically incompetent. Just PM me a sample of your work, and we'll see if we're simpatico.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:22:46 AM by John Sandoval » Logged
Maqrkk
Level 0

Coffee.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 02:20:46 AM »

I'm looking for an artist. I'm making the game in Unity, so 3d is preferred. If anyone would make music for it, that'd be awesome too. And if someone wants to work together for the coding, I guess that'd be fine too. I just like people to work with, keeps me motivated.

Here's my idea so far: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=17114.0

I like coffee, debugging and industrial hardcore. <3
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 02:40:01 AM »

I am looking for an artist / game designer. [edit]found![/edit]

I'd like to make an online game with Flash/AS3 (client) and C# (server) - I have experience with the best multiplayer flash SDK ever (currently I'm working on an multiplayer tower-defense with it - what you hopefully don't see is all the crazy non-obvious synchronzing and server-double-checking stuff happening in the background).

I have some game design skills too, but I'm bad with getting the initial idea so - I'm open for suggestions! Real-time games with direct twitch-based combat are bad for my health, but anything else goes!

If you're interested, just drop me a PM and we'll see if we fit together!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:44:06 AM by TobiasW » Logged

Ive
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 05:01:38 AM »

My first ever post!
I'm offering my services as a 2D artist/animator/designer. I do know a little Flash and I'd do a game solo but programming the multiplayer stuff is beyond me.

You can see some of my stuff here: http://superteamnonstop.com/
My background is in comics which you can read here: http://webcomicsnation.com/nonstopcomics/

-I haven't done much pixel art.
-My stuff is mainly on the cutesy/fun side.

EDIT My offer has been taken up and I've already started.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:09:14 PM by Ive » Logged
pakoito
Level 0

Raging dev

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 06:51:40 AM »

I'm trying to make my first GM game in this month we have available and I already have an idea, so if you feel like helping with some GM knowledges or 2D Artist just post in the thread or something:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=17141.0
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 08:13:19 AM »

Going to need some music for ARQA.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print