Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:15:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Versus Games Idea Pool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Versus Games Idea Pool  (Read 44592 times)
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2011, 12:54:03 PM »

Came up with this idea at the pub at TIGJam UK4: Were-Bear Scare

There are two were-bears with different sleep cycles, so while one player is a human the other is a bear. The players start off fenced into their respective cages on opposite sides of the screen. The human player uses the mouse to build fortifications while the bear is controlled by the keyboard and is trying to smash through the defences to get to the other player. Every 30 seconds control switches and you have to swap places.

Alternate version: there are three were-bears and while the first two are building/attacking, the third is sleeping. That player has to press z every few seconds to stay asleep or he'll explode or something.

Devling
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »

A game where there is a town under attack. The players can fight eachother and trade or train, which is a friendly battle. There is the keep at the very bottom of the map, the town, and the gates. Enemys destroy the buildings, and if you lose the throne room then the game ends. Online, definatly. Levels and 1 item is kept between games/rounds. So if you change servers, then you'll still be a warlock level 999 with staff of win.  Gentleman
Ghidorah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2011, 11:24:28 PM »

> Bears & Chairs

A room full of bears are playing musical chairs, which can only wind up in mortal combat when it goes down to the last chair. Either use a betting system, fighting system, or mini-game system when the bears go 1v1, but with a large group of people it could be very fun.

I am late to this thread but I love this idea. I just want to throw in on this if that is okay... in my head I see the 1v1 as two xbox controllers wrapped in fur and being repeatedly beat with fist until the final bear gets his or her chair.  Hand Any Key
Also I imagine that the other players could still fight it out in the background just for kicks.

Also, two sticks could make for a fun "bear walking upright" mechanic.

Okay, I am done.

Woody, Philadelphia PA http://winnitronnyc.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic