So this game's gonna be a mix of Super Crate Box, ninjas
and [some animal]s
- fast-paced side-view platformer
- pick-up boxes (or maybe something more ninja) to get ninja and some not so ninja weapons (one at a time as in SCB)
- kill the other player - versus only probably (dunno if I will be able to make a network game)
- as the ninjas, there will be probably many animals, it depends on JR Hill
- open source - so people can hack it
I'm making it in Python/Pygame. If I make it and it works and it's fun, then I might try to port it to C++/SDL. Momentarily only for Linux and Windows. If there's someone who can help with Mac, then it will be all three.
So what do you think?
Also feel free to post any suggestions.UPDATE
: newest screenshot
- throw 3 shurikens in this way
or this way
. Needs testing to decide which works better.Throwing knife
- simple weak straight-flying knife - probably spawn weapon.Bow
- will shoot curved shots.Fireball
- just fireball. Booms on impact. Probably slow-moving.Ninja Bomb
- kind of like grenade. Will get momentum from your movement.
I thought of something like Clone-jutsu
. Would spawn an AI copy of you. Both of you would then have probably only knife and you couldn't pick-up new weapons till the clone is dead, so it won't be too overpowered. And maybe the clone will be weaker (lower health). All of that will need testing to see what's fun.
Also, to encourage picking-up the crates/sacks/scrolls, the weapons will have limited "ammo". And you will have just one weapon at a time - no switching weapons, just picking them up.