Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411472 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 12:06:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)(Untitled VN of silliness)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: (Untitled VN of silliness)  (Read 2580 times)
bento_smile
« on: January 18, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »

No ideas for a name yet Sad because I usually think of those at the last minute!

Decided it was worth trying to make a 2 player visual novel for the following reasons:

* It might be interesting.
* It could be complex and unusual.
* It's a really stupid idea and there's probably a reason why no one does this. (This is actually the reason why I want to do it. This is possibly the most stupid thing one could do in a versus comp.)

Anyway, going to attempt making something. :D I've got some ideas. The interesting things to design around are things like making sure each 'turn' doesn't take too long, allowing for single play also, and accomodating the other player regardless of whether they read the text on not-their-turn or not (and in some ways, making that part of the game, so it can be played both with naive players and knowing players).

Can't start until next week though! Crazy Hmm, this might be too hard.
Zanza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »

After all the indie game communities have seen, I think we've proven that there's no such thing as a stupid game idea.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 08:09:51 PM »

It doesn't sound stupid. It sounds awesome! Grin

namre
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:48:49 PM »

New and unique = awesome in my book
Toeofdoom
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 10:04:38 PM »

I would guess that people don't make these because game devs are often rather bad at writing? Good luck anyway, sounds interesting!

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 05:29:47 PM »

Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard of a multiplayer visual novel. Do it! Trail the blazes! o.O

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »

Sounds intriguing, I don't know how well it would work but most ideas can only be vetted by trying them out! Can't wait to see what form this takes.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 07:52:07 PM »

IMO, it's definitely possible. An issue I can see becoming a problem is length, since each player will have to take the time to finish their chapter of the story. Have you considered making the game more dynamic, like Heavy Rain, so that each part of the story could go on in real time?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic