Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026824 Posts in 41176 Topics- by 32778 Members - Latest Member: steusicmusic

July 25, 2014, 09:06:07 PM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)TTTCW (Thubalup Thubalup Thump Crack Whump) [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: TTTCW (Thubalup Thubalup Thump Crack Whump) [FINISHED]  (Read 9135 times)
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 01:12:08 PM »

It's really hard to tell where the left players shield is. I think it should be infront of the knight instead of behind.

goshki
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 01:36:36 PM »

It's really hard to tell where the left players shield is. I think it should be infront of the knight instead of behind.

All right then. Tomorrow I'll make a new version of the left knight with a fully visible shield. Player convenience is most important. Smiley

goshki
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »

Aaaaand new version is up! Added clouds, multiple backgrounds, female breastplate Well, hello there! and the left knight facing the camera (as Nugsy suggested) so the shield is visible.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »

He has got shield and lance in the same hand? Smiley

goshki
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 11:27:28 PM »

He has got shield and lance in the same hand? Smiley

Nope, shield is in the left hand. He's just turned in waist so that he faces the camera. Giggle Compare to the guy on the right - his lance is also in the right hand so the lance is behind him. Wink

Anyway, I've got one more thing to do, which is animating horses' legs. I'm super reluctant to do it because I haven't done any animation before. But it's a must-have for me to be able to call the game complete.

goshki
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »

Aaaaand it's DONE! Final touches include horse animation, sound of horse gallop, more distinct female knight and last (but not least) MUSIC that I found on the page of Jon Sayles (there's some really nice medieval music, go check!).

tzachs
Level 1

Look normal...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »

I love everything about this game!
The concept was simple but fun, great graphics, great animation and the
choice of music very fitting.
Well done!  Beer!

goshki
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 03:08:30 AM »

I love everything about this game!
The concept was simple but fun, great graphics, great animation and the
choice of music very fitting.
Well done!  Beer!

Glad you like it! Beer!

lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »

very cool, love the game's style and simplicity. Great job!

sepharoth
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »

I know you're done and all, but it's just a little annoying that if you're typing in a name for the character and you happen to press "p," the flixel pause box shows up and the music stops. You can still type into the box at that point, but it freaked me out a little bit, I thought I broke it.

sepharoth
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 04:06:30 PM »

Also, I just hit a little glitch where if you tap up or down on the lance at the very last second, the other player never dismounts, but the score counter goes up.

[edit]
Basically if any win is registered in the last split second, albeit a shield moving away or a lance being put in place, the losing player never dismounts. I can get both players to get hit but not fall off at the same time. Concerned

Game's great though, I love it.

goshki
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2011, 01:43:37 AM »

Also, I just hit a little glitch where if you tap up or down on the lance at the very last second, the other player never dismounts, but the score counter goes up.

[edit]
Basically if any win is registered in the last split second, albeit a shield moving away or a lance being put in place, the losing player never dismounts. I can get both players to get hit but not fall off at the same time. Concerned

Yes, I've had a hard time earlier with this so I put it away and left it as it was. But because you've pointed it out and it's still before deadline, I've decided to iron it out. I've added a limit that disables player controls once the knights are in a given proximity. This way there should be no strange false-positives that you experienced.

I've also added a little indicator in the middle of the ground that greys out once the player controls are disabled so it's easier to track how much longer you can change your decisions.

Could you please try the game again and see if it's better now?

I know you're done and all, but it's just a little annoying that if you're typing in a name for the character and you happen to press "p," the flixel pause box shows up and the music stops. You can still type into the box at that point, but it freaked me out a little bit, I thought I broke it.

That's another glitch I put away for later. But as I'm already fixing the above problem, I've also fixed this one. Now the Flixel pause should not kick in once the focus is on one of the input fields (but it still kicks in once the game loses focus).

sepharoth
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2011, 01:49:17 AM »

Link's showing up blank right now.

EDIT: Nevermind, there just isn't a preloader.

Much better.  Grin

goshki
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 01:55:46 AM »

Link's showing up blank right now.

EDIT: Nevermind, there just isn't a preloader.

Much better.  Grin

Great! :D

I don't know what happened to the preloader... Some kind of mystery. WTF

Edit: All right, the preloader is back. Basically the input pause prevention was done in the wrong class and whole game had to be loaded to start the preloader. Facepalm
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:04:36 AM by goshki » Logged

sepharoth
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 02:06:54 AM »

Edit: All right, the preloader is back. Basically the input pause prevention was done in the wrong class and whole game had to be loaded to start the preloader. Facepalm
Pro logic.  Giggle

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic