Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411427 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:29:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Break Yo'self!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Break Yo'self!  (Read 2583 times)
suggo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2011, 05:25:34 AM »

Break Yo'self!
This is a game where players chase each other. I am hoping to make it a little humorous and light hearted If I can using the little animations at start and end of each round. The level shall start with "Break Yo'self Fool!" in lieu of something generic like "Ready Set Go!" most probably spoken by me.

Gameplay
One player is the criminal in a situation and the other a victim. You have to either catch your victim or outrun your assailant.

The chase will occur in a 2d side scrolling style with plenty of jumping to keep players on their toes. I'm thinking alleyways, fire escapes and rooftops will provide this very well.

When someone wins the first round a police officer comes into the scene and replaces the victim to chase the assailant back the other way.

After the two rounds a winner is determined by points allocated for catching/outrunning, in case of a draw time will be used to determine a winner.

Development
First I want to have basic gameplay and two local players working. Next I will look into the online, haven't done any network games before so hopefully I will get to this and have time to work some things out.

I would like to do procedural levels but will see how far I can get. I will start with one test level and build more or work on procedural generation if I have time.

I plan on using SFML and Box2D in C++

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:40:59 AM »

RakNet is your friend!

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 04:48:31 PM »

What a nice idea! Would it be canabalt-style auto-running, where stumbling hinders your chase / dash, or would it be acrobatic running, Prince of Persia style?
suggo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:56:05 PM »

I'm thinking acrobatic style. I want the players to pick where they run, thinking I could make some more complex levels where you may be able to cut off the runner if you take a shortcut or turn around and double back to confuse the assailant. Although an infinite side scrolling level would also be nice too. more ponddering to do.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic