Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:10:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Act of Violence: Kosplay Kombat (temp)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Act of Violence: Kosplay Kombat (temp)  (Read 7751 times)
jwk5
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 01:19:02 PM »

Might be a little late to suggest this, but after seeing that background picture I was thinking that it could be cool if the image was 'flatter' (seen more from the side) with the props being cardboard cut-outs (it is a stage after all, it would seem to fit the theme and the way you are animating the characters).

Kinda like this, but more fitting the art-style you have in mind for the setting:

http://www.shindigz.com/party/Moonlight-Wolf-Standees.cfm

That is actually pretty much what we'll have going on. Tumetsu's backgrounds are literally backgrounds for the stage (i.e. painted on pressboard), as are a bunch of "cutout" props he's doing. I will be drawing the actual stage itself and coloring Tumetsu's backgrounds so that they look painted on pressboard and "flat".
Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 02:49:50 PM »

Just thought I'd say the animation test works under ubuntu usign wine.  Shrug

Also, the animation seems a little slow, though that may be because of the speed of programs under wine, but I was expecting something more like intro thing to marvel films...
jwk5
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 08:16:24 PM »

Just thought I'd say the animation test works under ubuntu usign wine.  Shrug

Also, the animation seems a little slow, though that may be because of the speed of programs under wine, but I was expecting something more like intro thing to marvel films...
Actually the animation is slow there (i.e. programmed that way). I was testing to see how smooth the transitions would be so I slowed it down. In game it will be sped up to suit the flow of the game play. Anyways, it is good to know it will work with wine so thanks for letting me know that. Smiley
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »

Love the idea and the setting <3

Though the layout is too cluttered like you said, namely the status effect on both sides. Do they have to be in that order? I see many repetitions of poisons and burns. Are those just placeholder, showing that variety of status effect will align in this way? If not, I wonder why don't you group same status effect together? :O

jwk5
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 11:54:50 PM »

Love the idea and the setting <3

Though the layout is too cluttered like you said, namely the status effect on both sides. Do they have to be in that order? I see many repetitions of poisons and burns. Are those just placeholder, showing that variety of status effect will align in this way? If not, I wonder why don't you group same status effect together? :O
Actually a lot of the game play mechanics have been changed and streamlined so the HUD and such isn't as cluttering anymore. We hope to have a demo going already but I had come down with the flu so development got slowed for a while. I am feeling better now so the development of the game is picking up pace again, so it shouldn't be long now.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »

I have almost finished two of the character designs for a steampunk team, yet unnamed robot and mad old scientist/inventor Emmet. There will probably come slight changes still and I haven't yet decided the finisher moves yet though there is some suggestions in designs and I have some ideas. I also haven't really decided the final character, thought it may be a woman with perhaps guns or somekind machinery. Ideas are welcome Smiley

See rest concepts here: http://www.time-eater.net/blog/?p=95

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 02:28:41 AM »

Just popped in to say that this game will not be finished for the comp since each member of the teams is having some serious irl stuff to do so game is postponed to the next month but will be finished! Smiley
EDIT: Or not :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:39:24 AM by Tumetsu » Logged

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »

will be finished! Smiley
Tears of Joy Tears of Joy Tears of Joy
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: