Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:36:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)What are you programming RIGHT NOW?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71
Print
Author Topic: What are you programming RIGHT NOW?  (Read 210160 times)
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 12, 2014, 07:01:44 PM »

Oh man, Procedural Death Jam looks awesome. Unfortunately, I'm just now seeing this, and I'm already working on something. My current project could fit in (With a few minor tweaks), but I'm sure not going to rush to the end of it just to get it in...

I'd love to do one of these game jams, but I'm always in the middle of a project... Oh well. Maybe someday.

I hear ya, I'm behind on work because I jut did the cyberpunk game jam. I'm hoping if I can catch up I can maybe get a day to do a quick game.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 12, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »

Now that they have stuff like the haxelib commandline tool for getting libraries (similar to nuget or aptget etc) things are a lot easier.

I gave Haxe a spin before and after haxelib was integrated. It's night and day as far as setup is concerned. Haxelib made the entire setup process a breeze, I could get things set up and running in minutes. Throw in FlashDevelop as the IDE and you're looking at a pretty capable development system.

It's good to see that HaxeFlixel is still kicking. I love the new website they put up, much slicker than what they used to have. Flixel was one of my first game engines, and I actually used it to produce my first finished game. I learned a ton about game coding just from poking around in Flixel. I'm still sticking to Unity for now, they did a pretty good job with the new 2D tools. But it does my heart good to see Flixel still getting some solid support through Haxe. (and OpenFL)

I finished my first solo developed on Flixel too. Actually I remember you from the Flixel forums. My name on there I think is Alex.

That's one of the reasons I love haxeflixel, nostalgia :D The team has been updating it VERY frequently too.

Nahar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 16, 2014, 01:06:20 PM »

My first prototype/serious tryout/small game I've ever done!

As I'm very very bad at graphics, I kept them one-bit (black and white). It consists on an endless zombie-shooter with mouse aim and fire an top-down vision (like GTA2 or Alien Breed). It's very ugly but... I'm so happy because it's my first attempt!
OniWorld
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1103 on: March 16, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »

Block generation system for a side-game: RENGA.

brettchalupa
« Reply #1104 on: March 16, 2014, 02:51:49 PM »

Digging into SDL2 right now, just messing around with tiles. It has been a couple of years since I did game programming or used a compiled language. It is interesting coming back to game programming after taking a break.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 16, 2014, 04:44:55 PM »

congrats nahar Smiley

Just bought what I think would generally be considered a intermediate C++ book in Effective C++. I had recently finished reading C++ Coding Standards which is a similar book.

The plan is to do a rewrite on a small OpenGL framework I hacked together previously but with better design overall. It's not really an issue of composition or anything like that, it's more like having proper const correctness and C++ specific issues.

Anyways C++ is one of those languages that continues to always have something interesting or weird popup. For better or worse that's a reason I really like studying that language.

Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1106 on: April 03, 2014, 06:37:58 AM »

I've been implementing online leaderboard stuff for my latest project. Overall it went pretty well, but I almost lost my mind trying to fix a bug which posted the intial time twice  Big Laff

Life sucks and then you die.
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 11, 2014, 07:00:45 AM »

I'm developing a web app with Struts.. 1.3 (this framework isn't maintained since 2008)
I'll keep looking for another job :D

fractilegames
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1108 on: April 14, 2014, 10:37:23 AM »

I've been implementing online leaderboard stuff for my latest project. Overall it went pretty well, but I almost lost my mind trying to fix a bug which posted the intial time twice  Big Laff

Just out of curiosity, how did you handle player authentication for the leaderboards?

And for the original thread topic: I'm working on replacing my character animation spaghetti code code with a proper blend tree.

indie11
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 14, 2014, 11:24:37 AM »

making an endless running game, I get tired of my own ideas very quickly so I think this project will end in my prototype waste bin

gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1110 on: April 15, 2014, 02:38:56 AM »

Rewriting AI pathing system in my racing game as the old one couldn't handle multiple routes (I just decided to add them). *sigh*

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1111 on: May 04, 2014, 04:19:18 PM »

I'm trying to end my soccer (mini) game done with phaser - my first html5 project that need to work on desktop and mobile.
The library is good, I'm using a bit of anything from tweens to particles to physics, but I must honestly say I don't like to code in js/html - sometimes it's hard to find errors and there isn't a real right way to do stuff, you need to find an editor with (if possible) the auto-completion and the way you create different types of vars on js is for me soooo bad... Thank Zod Phaser has a lot of tutorials.
In any case, a lot of stress for me :D 

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1112 on: May 05, 2014, 06:53:11 PM »

Movement controls for a metroidvania kind of game.

AODBAMF
Level 0

sup

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 06, 2014, 01:33:01 AM »

Writing my own GUI library that I will be using in both the game and the editor/other tools, just finished the tab control. Next up will be text/number fields and radiobuttons. Simple stuff but motivating when it works as intended right away.
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1114 on: May 09, 2014, 06:33:03 AM »

Wrote up a Java networking test here with fuuuu. Gonna try it out in a bit.. hope it works Smiley

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 09, 2014, 11:00:51 AM »

Wall Jumps. A lot more difficult to make work than one would assume.

Think happy thoughts.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 14, 2014, 06:34:54 AM »

cloning the right objects in a nested hierarchy. which ones are the right ones?
Johnman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 15, 2014, 05:52:05 AM »

I got my 4X game to use a local server and client for single player games so I can use the same code in single and multiplayer. Very proud I am.
mft-dev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 15, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »

Currently working on the port of an ancient, creaking behemoth of an industrial equipment spec'ing application, that also happens to be business critical. It was coded  conjured up from the bowels of Hell itself by a squad of disease ridden monkey-shamen with a taste for Italian dishes.

Tomorrow is my day off and I get to play with my fledgling dx11 engine, lighting shader is on the slate - yay!
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 15, 2014, 06:17:17 PM »

A 2D platformer point-and-click pathfinding system  Who, Me?

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic