Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:09:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)What are you programming RIGHT NOW?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71
Print
Author Topic: What are you programming RIGHT NOW?  (Read 210115 times)
Fanchem
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: July 25, 2014, 03:29:07 AM »

I'm refactoring some old pieces of directx-code, sometimes I want to travel back in time an shake myself No No NO
jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 25, 2014, 08:28:30 AM »

Well...in some ways that's a good thing, e.g. "I dread the day when I look back on the me of five years ago without finding his naivete and misconceptions faintly ridiculous. When that day comes, I'll know I've become an impediment to progress." --Brian Marick  Gentleman
raquo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 28, 2014, 05:30:24 AM »

Ugh, *client work*. iOS apps.

Rather be working on a new game idea but it pays the bills!
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1203 on: July 28, 2014, 05:49:48 AM »

A basic UI toolkit. Already have the event system working and minimal redrawing through invalidation (largely like wxWidgets), moveable windows, buttons and labels. Now I'm working on timers, an input text field, scroll bars and a dropdown list.

Yeah, after years of fighting with cross-platform discrepancies, learning different interfaces for UI libraries depending on platform and use, and losing a lot of time tweaking ill cases, I decided to do it on my own by minimizing OS dependency just to drawing/rendering and mouse/touch/keyboard input

Working on HeliBrawl
Will Huxtable
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1204 on: July 29, 2014, 12:37:40 AM »

Terrain generation!
- snip -

I've recently been doing a similar thing - what algorithm are you using?
Ky.
Level 0

Programmer & Web Slinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1205 on: July 29, 2014, 09:48:43 PM »

Constructing a super simple scene in torque2d consisting of a table.. a dude.. and another dude.. and a on the table is a revolver...

suny
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1206 on: August 01, 2014, 02:13:08 AM »

I'm working on letting people copy assets to a directory and automatically update the assets list in the SHMUP Creator.
I need to check the focus on the app, check the directories, import the new assets, create icons, check if an asset is deleted etc...

(But secretly, I really wanna work on explosions...)
S.

He-Who-Develops-Games
« Reply #1207 on: August 01, 2014, 08:11:46 AM »

Despawning entities to make my game run better.  <insert massive retching noise here>
Locet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 01, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »

I've just started programming a Simon Says game for android. Need to improve my android development skills.  Smiley
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1209 on: August 01, 2014, 08:37:39 PM »

Not technically programming (but related), trying to figure out how to use MinGW-w64 on Windows. It seems I can get libraries to build, but I can't get them to install properly (only SDL2 did the right thing apparently).
MorleyDev
Level 0

"It is not enough for it to just work"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1210 on: August 03, 2014, 08:30:39 AM »

Ah, you were trying to cross-compile. I wondered what you meant by "install". Yeah, I don't touch cross-compilation if I can avoid it. Down that way headaches and caffeine-fuelled hallucinations lie.

Currently looking for a good reporting solution for a REST API. Having a spike at hooking it up to graphite, since it's pretty and fairly easy to use.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:58:30 AM by MorleyDev » Logged

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1211 on: August 03, 2014, 08:58:34 AM »

Ah, you were trying to cross-compile. I wondered what you meant by "install". Yeah, I don't touch cross-compilation if I can avoid it. Down that way headaches and caffeine-fuelled hallucinations lie.

The original idea was to use a Windows computer to make Windows builds (like I was doing before the old computers went bust), but ultimately I never got that computer so I was forced to look into crosscompiling instead x_x Took several days of reverse engineering configure scripts and makefiles to get it right. It worked though, and the game runs flawlessly*, so I'm happy =D

*Except under Wine, there it crashes in the most epic way possible. On the real thing it runs fine though.
MorleyDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1212 on: August 03, 2014, 12:37:17 PM »

Making a Flappy Bird clone for the GB Jam because I realised I'm probably the only programmer left on the planet who hasn't made a clone of Flabby Bird yet Smiley

dirak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 03, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »

Making a Flappy Bird clone for the GB Jam because I realised I'm probably the only programmer left on the planet who hasn't made a clone of Flabby Bird yet Smiley

I'm sure I've seen this game scheme before flappy bird. I think you were a helicopter?

Working on server structure for simultaneous turn based game. The idea was something to do in between consulting clients & work.

Thinking a mystery/who-dunnit theme, but not really sure. Any ideas?
MorleyDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1214 on: August 03, 2014, 04:16:27 PM »

I'm sure I've seen this game scheme before flappy bird. I think you were a helicopter?

Yeah, there's an an old flash game called Helicopter Game and I've seen variations of the theme done hundreds of times. Flappy Bird is basically just one such variation that happened to get ridiculously popular on mobile, and got media attention when it's author pulled it because he didn't want that much attention.

The sudden pulling caused a lot of clones to get released which flooded the market with them for a time. Was amusing to watch unfold, to tell the truth.

paulisere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: August 04, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »

Converting my 3 HTML5 canvases, 2 of which render using the canvas context, to a single canvas using webgl broken into 3 viewpoin

Theain aim is to implement a start menu to my game, so I don'twant to have to hide the two side canvases so that you only see the main one.

Lee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 06, 2014, 04:53:15 PM »

An Ascii painting program. I just finished the "recolouring brush", which works like the standard drawing tool but only changes the colour of the tiles you paint over.

Below you will see the above image has completely randomized tile data, and below that I used the recolouring brush to keep the same tiles but paint them all the same colour:
Lee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 07, 2014, 08:02:48 AM »

Finished the different tools off (currently no GUI interface for selecting tools, just shortcut keys), not shown but also done is the filled rectangle and filled circle. Going to have dinner then work on undo and redo and other shortcuts.
yigitcan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 07, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »

Finished the different tools off (currently no GUI interface for selecting tools, just shortcut keys), not shown but also done is the filled rectangle and filled circle. Going to have dinner then work on undo and redo and other shortcuts.
Holy shit this is actually awesome.
Lee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 07, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »

Thanks, man. I finished the undo and redo functions by the way and also spent a few hours time wasting.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic