Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:11:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)What are you programming RIGHT NOW?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71
Print
Author Topic: What are you programming RIGHT NOW?  (Read 209024 times)
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1260 on: August 31, 2014, 01:25:21 PM »

Refactoring my gravity routine to work in any direction, and to deal with gaps in the grid. A total mess at the moment but I'm happily plodding along Smiley

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 31, 2014, 02:07:53 PM »

fighting game engine prototype. Spent most of the morning on the input system.

Haha nice. That cat seems really happy about all the shit it's breaking Cheesy

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 31, 2014, 02:25:48 PM »

So hawt! Well, hello there!
ikr Well, hello there!

Refactoring my gravity routine to work in any direction, and to deal with gaps in the grid. A total mess at the moment but I'm happily plodding along Smiley
Just for the sake of it, or are you working on some game with funky gravity switches?

Haha nice. That cat seems really happy about all the shit it's breaking Cheesy
Aaaand you just gave me the idea of making the kitty change its expressions based on various things or perhaps in different sections of the game.

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1263 on: September 01, 2014, 01:22:24 AM »

Just for the sake of it, or are you working on some game with funky gravity switches?

Well, I've built a simple "Grid Engine" to power my game, so the Gravity direction sits on the Engine side of things - not sure if it will end up in the game itself. I'm a slave to my todo list and it was next up!

dynamite-ready
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1264 on: September 01, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »

Polishing last details of an AIR extension for Windows joysticks.

Cool... Are you using ThemsAllTook's library like you were considering a while ago?
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1265 on: September 02, 2014, 05:21:42 AM »

Non-game related, but bored as all hell at work - I'm re-writing our timesheet system; I think we have about a decades worth of rules about how overtime is calculated (well, not any more, now we have one rule, my rule)

RecidivistSW
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1266 on: September 12, 2014, 01:28:21 AM »

I wish this forum had a non-game devlog sub forum.  Even non-game projects deserve devlogs.

Adam_
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1267 on: September 12, 2014, 03:26:55 AM »

I wish this forum had a non-game devlog sub forum.  Even non-game projects deserve devlogs.

Definitely! Also, a way to rate devlogs would be nice.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 13, 2014, 04:32:24 PM »

One of the enemy attacks is bugging out, and I'm looking into fixing that right now No No NO
muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 14, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »

Getting GM Studio to add collision boxes only on certain tiles in my entirely collision-less levels, at run time. So that I don't have to do (and redo) it by hand in GM's god awful room editor. So far, it's working!

1. Scan through level, tile by tile.
2. If tile is not air, and is one of the several tiles needing to be solid, then create invisible box.

Even with 16384 tiles, it's nearly instant, and done only once at startup. Also, collisions (and everything else) are deactivated a bit off screen, even if the level is 100x as big.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1270 on: September 15, 2014, 04:49:06 AM »

an exercise from "learn python the hard way"

this is the seventh time in my life i've tried to teach myself how code works. maybe one day...i'll actually be able to do it

powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1271 on: September 15, 2014, 11:01:20 PM »

you have some current state of the machine and most expressions in the code perturb it somehow. ka-ching.
Johnman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 17, 2014, 09:46:18 AM »

A script in Python that does some basic frequency analysis on the alien alphabet message currently visible in Notch's Twitter header image. Not conclusive. I tried both English and Swedish letter frequencies and all I get is gibberish. Perhaps is some kind of cypher, another language or actual gibberish. Or perhaps I transcribed it wrong.

I'm going to stop now. Spent 3.5 hours with this crap.
Jeff Skyrunner
Level 0

Never, but question engineer's judgement

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 17, 2014, 11:18:29 PM »

Just closed a major bug in my C2 game and starting to implement the last two "main" algorithm, in order to declare "closed" the core part of the game!

I'm not a insane, my mother had me tested

I'm an engineer. To save time, just assume I'm never wrong
Single Digit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 18, 2014, 01:28:46 AM »

Sitting in uni, doing a one week c++ course. Didn't learn anything new yet besides syntax...
The last three days I spend most of the time here on tigsource and on reddit.
Brb, creating an iterator...the things I do for 2CP.

an exercise from "learn python the hard way"

this is the seventh time in my life i've tried to teach myself how code works. maybe one day...i'll actually be able to do it

lol, I guess the title is quite honest.
TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1275 on: September 18, 2014, 09:19:38 PM »

match cascade counting. you get one match, and then the pieces that fall into place make another match. have to keep track of when and how much that happens because bonus points and fireworks.

it used to be a part of a somewhat larger script, but it was just too rube-goldberg-y, and required a computationally inefficient hack to (mostly) work around the issue.

so i'm taking the opportunity, while i'm doing a completely inadvisable total-refactor-at-the-last-minute to also code review everything i've written over the past several months. atone for my coding sins and whatnot.

now it's its own monobehaviour that i can isolate and control (muahahahah). being able to enable and disable a whole script is much nicer than relying on boolean state.

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1276 on: September 18, 2014, 10:11:49 PM »

a small python script to transfert image from a medical server to another and in the process fix the patient identification... not much fun   Sad

Brainswitch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1277 on: September 19, 2014, 01:55:42 AM »

2D platformer 'physics' in Unity. Was ages ago I did a platformer game, and I never tried to do it Unity (nor with  a 'real' physics engine). Tried using Unity's Phsyics2D/Box2D system but I keep getting into errors, so now I am doing it with the normal/3D physics... Or rather, I abandoned that idea as well and now I am trying to roll my own 2D platformer physics within Unity's 3D physics system.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 22, 2014, 10:16:19 AM »

Coffee brewed and headphones on, It's time to work. Multiplayer bugs be gone!
diegocbarboza
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1279 on: September 22, 2014, 11:52:43 AM »

2D platformer 'physics' in Unity. Was ages ago I did a platformer game, and I never tried to do it Unity (nor with  a 'real' physics engine). Tried using Unity's Phsyics2D/Box2D system but I keep getting into errors, so now I am doing it with the normal/3D physics... Or rather, I abandoned that idea as well and now I am trying to roll my own 2D platformer physics within Unity's 3D physics system.

I had the same problem some time ago and I think Unity's physics aren't very nice for player movement in platform games. I ended up making a custom script that uses raycasts to check for collisions.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic