Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:44:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)What are you programming RIGHT NOW?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71
Print
Author Topic: What are you programming RIGHT NOW?  (Read 209942 times)
alts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #900 on: April 04, 2013, 12:29:44 AM »

Yak shaving on a stupid library that let's me create multidimensional tables in a pleasant manner.

Code:
tabular(2):by(3):by(4):fill(function (a, b, c)
  return a + 2 * b + c^2
end)

Whiskas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 04, 2013, 02:30:02 AM »

Still working on implementing multiplayer. Just finished my third rewrite!

I had a bug where Player 1 would join properly, but Player 2 would fail to get the level & gamemode info. The way I'd written the connection code was to broadcast Player 2's connection to everyone and then spam connect packets back to Player 2 for everyone else on the server. Found out that ENet was giving me packets out of order, making Player 2 process the Player 1 connect packet (which is just an ID) before processing it's own connect packet (which contains all the necessary info)..

It's fixed now, so I can finally get back to work writing position and action packets Smiley

Did you have to fix this yourself or did you just change something with enet? I'm considering using it someday and I thought it was able to keep UDP packets in order, but your post put me in doubt Tongue
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 04, 2013, 03:09:44 AM »

Not right now but well ...

I'm doing a puzzle platformer with control over terrain (tile-based),

Currently making the linear interpolation system for each block
George Michaels
Level 0

I like big butts and I can not lie

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 04, 2013, 03:32:24 AM »

Did you have to fix this yourself or did you just change something with enet? I'm considering using it someday and I thought it was able to keep UDP packets in order, but your post put me in doubt Tongue

I fixed it myself using enet. All I had to do was call enet_host_flush() just after the broadcast call. I'm going to mention it in ENet IRC and see if I did something wrong, if not at least they'll know of a possible issue.

But don't think ENet isn't good. ENet is AMAZING. When I was searching for a network library it was the only one that ticked all the boxes. It's just functions. It doesn't force any patterns on you or anything, everything is up to you and the API is very clean & simple. ENet +1

Yeah, that.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #904 on: April 05, 2013, 07:27:26 AM »

I'm finishing a (C++ template) system which allow me to group
 - group pools of objects of different type together;
 - have all live instances of the objects be updated at the same time (in one update call);
 - objects are updated by type, and other considerations which mean less cache miss;
 - access to objects in the system from outside the system is allow only through "monitored" access: you have to provide tasks to apply to the object and it will be executed only when all objects are updated (there is also a way to access the object in an thread-unsafe way);

Why is it useful? To allow me to gather different kinds of objects together that should always be updated together in a synchronous way (like all graphic objects) but still have a simple way to manipulate these objects from different threads.

It would simplify a lot most of my current code. We'll see!

EdgeOfProphecy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #905 on: April 05, 2013, 05:16:28 PM »

A level editor in Unity wherein you describe little micro-chunks of level that will be strung together.  Editor scripting is fuuuuun.
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #906 on: April 05, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »

Running, jumping, and fighting animation sequences for my game.

They look robotic though.

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
mychii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 06, 2013, 11:55:21 PM »

Programming a web-based multiplayer game and messing with Unity. Oh you guys really should check out Spine (a 2d animation tool like Spriter) by Esoteric Software. Looking forward for its Unity plugin to mess up with soon as I need it else I can't move on with the Unity one.  Who, Me?
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: April 06, 2013, 11:59:55 PM »

Working on a platformer game for android.
Off topic, I really want to learn C++ game development as most of the game development jobs require fluency in C++. So where to start?

I made the mistake of starting gamedev with C++ - a lot of people do that apparently... What I ended up doing was bouncing around between languages and engine for ages, then back to c++, then on to XNA with c# (best decision EVAR)
The big problem I had with learning C++ was how to go from std::cout << "HI" << endl;
to graphics in a window. I recommend SFML ( http://sfml-dev.org ). There are good tutorials by
sfmlcoder (google him)

So long and thanks for all the pi
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #909 on: April 07, 2013, 12:01:25 AM »

Also I'm currently stripping down my platformer to get the basic engine and restructuring it so I can make a template for my next little project. Really it's procrastination from my big project but yolo

So long and thanks for all the pi
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #910 on: April 07, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »

quick & dirty box2d fixture editor

Working on HeliBrawl
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 07, 2013, 10:06:36 PM »

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24530447/flash%20build/litesonicengine/LiteSonicEngine6.html

Act 1 done

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #912 on: April 12, 2013, 04:57:36 PM »

Trying to add multiply blend mode into Blender's material editor for the game engine.

Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: April 12, 2013, 10:24:19 PM »

Resurrecting some cave generator code and making it data-driven so I can play with the settings 'live'.
indie11
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 13, 2013, 06:33:59 AM »

Making a lighting effect by redrawing lines
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:54:59 PM by indie11 » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: April 13, 2013, 07:04:48 AM »

Just about to try to set up AngelScript so that a friend and I can start tinkering with it in time for an upcoming project for which we wish to implement it.

dm
Level 0

Indie middleware developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #916 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »

Coding a documentation generator script for our project Screamy
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #917 on: April 13, 2013, 11:43:30 AM »

Just set up my first SVN repository on my Ubuntu box. Got it running properly with http access (apache) so that I can log into it from any other computer in the house. I'm going to start doing my Unity development using this repository. I'll set up a second repository later for web development.
Sir Wolf
Level 0

A wolf cub growing up

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 14, 2013, 03:09:32 AM »

I'm wanting to create some online functionality for my game, so now I'm learning JavaScript and exploring the possibilities of Node.js.

JS seems like fun. I'm already imagining all the things I could do with this... One of those times I wish I had my own small server box in the closet to be able to properly tinker with all this interesting stuff.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shawn
PyVr
« Reply #919 on: April 14, 2013, 02:25:14 PM »

A random dungeon generator for my roguelike Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic