Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:53:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The grumpy old programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 295
Print
Author Topic: The grumpy old programmer room  (Read 733244 times)
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #2120 on: May 16, 2011, 08:04:47 PM »

I just downloaded xcode 4
how do i get xcode 3 back : (

mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2121 on: May 16, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »

I just downloaded xcode 4

Sign into the iphone dev center, look under xcode 4, there should be a link labeled "Looking for Xcode 3?"

If you don't have an iphone dev center account, then I think you may be fucked

So basically the prices now are $5 to use XCode 4 or $100 to use XCode 3

I think that pricing model makes sense

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
_Tommo_
Level 8

frn frn frn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2122 on: May 17, 2011, 12:49:54 AM »

I'm the only one to really like XCode 4?

Anyway I'm trying to get my executable to see the .dylib I PASTED IN THE SAME FOLDER, but apparently dylibs have their location hardcoded inside and it has to be changed with a tool, or on other people's PCs it will look for my path.
I'm missing the good old .dlls...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:21:55 AM by _Tommo_ » Logged

zacaj
Level 3

void main()

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2123 on: May 17, 2011, 01:30:44 PM »

Code:
#define BREAK releaseMouse();int x=8/0;system("pause");exit(EXIT_FAILURE)//fix
Stupid MSVC wont let me use the ASM instruction I used with gcc to automatically break at errors, so I have to innovate...

My twitter: @zacaj_

Quote from: mcc
Well let's just take a look at this "getting started" page and see--
Download and install cmake
Noooooooo
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #2124 on: May 17, 2011, 06:15:49 PM »

urg i need to write a memory manager cause fragmentation is killing me :/
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2125 on: May 17, 2011, 07:56:23 PM »

Code:
Stupid MSVC wont let me use the ASM instruction I used with gcc to automatically break at errors, so I have to innovate...
Really? I could have sworn I've used __asm int 3; (i think that was it?) with MSVC and it worked.

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
Ludophonic
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: May 17, 2011, 09:17:56 PM »

__asm int 3 does work fine.

Maybe confusion because gcc and msvc use different syntax for assembler?

I'm the only one to really like XCode 4?

No, I like it too.
zacaj
Level 3

void main()

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2127 on: May 18, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »

Code:
Really? I could have sworn I've used __asm int 3; (i think that was it?) with MSVC and it worked.
Im sure theres a way, but I toyed around with syntax and couldnt get it to work.

EDIT:  Of course, now it works fine
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:51:24 PM by zacaj » Logged

My twitter: @zacaj_

Quote from: mcc
Well let's just take a look at this "getting started" page and see--
Download and install cmake
Noooooooo
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2128 on: May 18, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »

The first time, did you remember to uncheck "everything is fucking broken" in the solution properties?

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #2129 on: May 18, 2011, 08:53:12 PM »

i cant fucking get xcode 4 to give me source code view in closure while debugging... god damn it its infuriating

the game freezes and i tell it to break, and i get fucking assembly originating from code I wrote, itd be really easy to fix if i could figure out how the fuck the debugger works (need symbol values and full callstack and source code view and whatnot)

edit: oh i wasnt compiling in debug mode. OH AND ITS A RELEASE MODE ONLY FREEZE GOD DAMN IT
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2130 on: May 18, 2011, 09:10:27 PM »

I bet you can compile in release mode with symbols and get some of that information back?

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #2131 on: May 18, 2011, 09:23:51 PM »

I bet you can compile in release mode with symbols and get some of that information back?

Ya I have a 2nd debug profile from a while back which is release + debug symbols.

For some reason though, xcode 4 is being retarded. Its crashing in a function thats inlined, and so the stepper is reporting one file but showing the one with the inlined code instead, so I can't get to the source of it. Like the callstack's missing a frame, and I cant find the no inline compiler option anymore...
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #2132 on: May 18, 2011, 09:40:39 PM »

LOL IT KERNEL PANICKED

i dont know if it was xcode or me but i'm gonna blame xcode cause i'm mad.

I like how the screen dims down slowly so you have time to ponder whats going on before you realize its a fucking kernel panic

edit: I fixed the bug by taking a wild guess at what the issue was and randomly happening to be right

rather than post a 3rd time, separate grumpy thing:
changed orb drag constant from .97 to .96 and now i have to go and test EVERY level again to make sure i didnt break anything...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:59:01 PM by Glaiel-Gamer » Logged
eclectocrat
Level 5

Most of your personality is unconscious.

View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: May 18, 2011, 11:06:02 PM »

I started on OSX at 10.1. It improved steadily up to 10.3, it's golden age. Since then the nice UI features are dragged down by MS level of code quality. I've been close to throwing my macbook off my balcony due to XCode, the only thing that held me back was the thought I might hurt someone. One day I'm going to use OpenBSD on a Texas Instruments chip and never look back.

I make Mysterious Castle, a Tactics-Roguelike
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: May 19, 2011, 12:38:06 AM »

I started on OSX at 10.1. It improved steadily up to 10.3, it's golden age. Since then the nice UI features are dragged down by MS level of code quality. I've been close to throwing my macbook off my balcony due to XCode, the only thing that held me back was the thought I might hurt someone. One day I'm going to use OpenBSD on a Texas Instruments chip and never look back.
You should do something about those anger management issues.

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: May 19, 2011, 01:23:55 AM »

One day I'm going to use OpenBSD on a Texas Instruments chip and never look back.
But can it run Crysis?  Corny Laugh

Sorry.  Concerned
eclectocrat
Level 5

Most of your personality is unconscious.

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: May 19, 2011, 04:51:10 AM »

You should do something about those anger management issues.

Have you ever tried to move a refrigerator with a bicycle? I have. There is a difference between anger and frustration.

I make Mysterious Castle, a Tactics-Roguelike
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: May 19, 2011, 06:00:49 AM »

So let's talk about Unity hinges: they make me grumpy.

I've finished talking about Unity hinges now.

teomat
« Reply #2138 on: May 19, 2011, 06:29:38 AM »

Waaagh!
I'm writing a lua wrapper in c# to use with mono.
On linux it just crashes and dies when I try to load a script that does not exist,
but on windows it happily pops the error message from the stack and tells me what happened. wtf?  WTF
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2139 on: May 19, 2011, 07:31:26 AM »

I really, really like XCode 3.

Does Unity on Windows use mono, or does it use the built in CLR runtime?

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 295
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic