My new game, Bitejacker was released today, on MochiGames. I have been really quiet ever since I started working on the game, so I doubt you guys know much about it. But I've been working full time on this for the pass 6+ months, and I really like to get some feedback, especially from fellow developers
Play it here http://www.mochigames.com/games/bitejacker/ABOUT BITEJACKER
Bitejacker : Secret Base Horror Series 01 is a top-down, twin stick-style arena shooter for fans of classic arcade games and loathers of the undead. Based on the indie game review show Bytejacker, players will help self-centered host Anthony Carboni and heroic cameraman Jon Rivera battle through endless waves of zombies, aliens and monsters as they attempt to survive the zombie apocalypse.
Along the way you'll run into tons of familiar faces as indie heroes like Meat Boy and Commander Video join the fight. There are survivors to rescue, weapons to found, stats upgrades, and special moves to use across 30 levels, epic boss battles, and survival modes. Players will be unlocking bonuses like comic strips along the way that add to the storyline.
It's time to splatter some undead. LET'S GO!GAME FEATURES
- Quirky humor and voice over from the original Bytejacker's Anthony Carboni and Jon Rivera.
- Detail pixel artwork with 3 pages of unlockable comic stripe, fully painted to explain the game's story line
- 2 playable characters of different stats, weapons and moves that improves and evolves over time.
- Over 30 levels of game play.
- Tons of weapons, upgradeable, monsters to be unlocked, and familiar faces to be found.
- Indie games cameos, retro games parody and classic horror movie spoof.
- Amazing audio by the amazing HyperDucks Studios.
- An army of zombies waiting to be slaughtered.
Bitejacker is developed by Secret Base, in collaboration the guys at Bytejacker. Hope you enjoy the game!
Like I said, announcement aside, I'd like to hear what you guys think that we did right / wrong on the game play. It will be painful, but I'll hang on.
P.S. I've been trying to reach out to Derek. Anyone know how I can reach him?