Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:03:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)The Cubes Are Everything [CANCELED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Cubes Are Everything [CANCELED]  (Read 1742 times)
gmx0
Level 0

The Messenger

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:07:56 AM »

Basically, its going to be a multiplayer sequel of my game: The Cube is Everything(not released yet).

WIP:
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/other/the-cube-is-everything/4543/

The Cube is Everything game is about a cube that can do anything. Something like Scribblenauts, but uses verbs, not nouns. If you type any action, the cube will execute it. You use the cube to solve puzzles.

For instance, you type in "hover". The cube will hover.
Or type "make fire". The cube will start a fire.
Or type "timetravel" and so on, an on.

Translating it to multiplayer:
Choices-
-Each player gets one cube each, and the players must kill the each other's cube or the player character that controls the cube.(The cube is somewhat independent of the player).

-Sleep is Death type game where one player controls the cube and another player manipulates the environment.

-Instead of CTF, Capture the Cube! The players engage in a deathmatch and capturing the cube lets you manipulate it for a short while. Then it disappears.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:38:30 PM by gmx0 » Logged

Mitiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »

i'd like to see how this one works out

Play League Of Legends for free!
DrOctapu
Level 0

Brutally modest.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »

Sounds neat. Good luck.

Add me on...
 Desura | Steam
LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »

I think I like this option best.

Choices-
-Each player gets one cube each, and the players must kill the each other's cube or the player character that controls the cube.(The cube is somewhat independent of the player).

Seems like it could be difficult to limit each players choices to develop much strategy/depth.  Maybe it could work like one of those word games where players take turns picking letters to make a word.  The letters have to start a word that the game understands and whomever finishes the word directs the cube on their behalf.  Or maybe I'm starting to take this in a completely different direction than you were thinking.  Sounds like there's lots of potential with this idea.  Looking forward to see how it turns out.
gmx0
Level 0

The Messenger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »

You can now download the WIP of the first one. Only for WinXP or lower, for now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic