Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:02:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDemon slasher (Megazey and demons)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Demon slasher (Megazey and demons)  (Read 24195 times)
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2011, 02:56:27 PM »

Hello!

First of all, sorry for my bad English. =)

So, game.
This game I create in summer 2010. Using my own C++ 2d engine, based on DirectDraw, DirectSound and WinAPI. All graphics I draw on GIMP, sound effects edit in Audacity, code edit and compile on Code::Blocks and MinGW.

Music I take from Kevin MacLeod, incompetech.com.

This game is slasher. Mighty hero fight with evil demons, and going to hell for defend their castle.

System requirements: this game take a lot of CPU time, so needed CPU 2002-2004 year for good working.
Base OS for game is Windows, but must work and under GNU\Linux Wine.

Now, I asking for feedback. I asking for any replies, but more than other, I interested in criticism on graphics and gameplay.

Screenshots:

Download:
http://sb-games.com/wp-content/uploads/Megazey_and_demons_eng.zip

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:36:15 PM by sb3dgraph » Logged
Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »

The ending is a bit abrupt Smiley but i really like the game! great work. The movement is a bit unusual and jumping+walking does not work well at the same time. i love the gfx!
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »

The ending is a bit abrupt Smiley
Yes. When I making this game, I do not think that many peoples came to it ending. Embarrassed

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 12:41:12 AM »

Oh... Oh my...
This is amazing. Like, in every way, I love this game.
Graphics are very nice, especially since GIMP is a clusterfuck of retardation. Gameplay is good, it is difficult to eliminate all the demons without new ones spawning though. Maybe make it so they have a 2 or 3 second warp in animation to both buy you time and get rid of that weird tidbit where they just appear out of nowhere. Player's constant high kicks are amazing, super excellent. Sometimes it is very hard to make jumps, though.

I didn't play all the way through the game since my laptop got searingly hot (normal for most games, don't worry) but yes, it is excellent. I'll make a post on the front page about it tomorrow, unless you'd like time to change it in some way.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 02:25:23 AM »

Are you supposed to get that health pack thing in the first area by coming back from other rooms?  Jumping up didn't seem possible and I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional.  Very cool and wacky style.  And yea, the character movement is pretty funny.

Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 02:41:45 AM »

you can get all items you see. you can climb up rough walls...
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 06:27:36 AM »

Maybe make it so they have a 2 or 3 second warp in animation to both buy you time and get rid of that weird tidbit where they just appear out of nowhere.
Most of demons in this game have only 7-10 frames of animation. And bigger ones sometimes only two frames. Create animation of their appearing is very good idea, but it will double creature frames. Now it's look too hard for me.

Sometimes it is very hard to make jumps, though.
Yes, I agreed. But I wanted to make an unusual walking mechanic in this game. Hero legs climb all walls when rotating around.
Maybe, I must spend more time to correct jumps. It is my fault. This game is finished, and this your advice and experience I use in next games.

Thanks for detailed feedback!

I'll make a post on the front page about it tomorrow, unless you'd like time to change it in some way.
O! It will be great! Gentleman
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »

I still ask your criticism and responses, gentlemen.
simono
Level 1

screen.blit(fun)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 02:45:35 PM »

(this looks weird and I want to try *sad face because I don't have windows* any chance in the future for this one?  Kiss)
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »

(this looks weird and I want to try *sad face because I don't have windows* any chance in the future for this one?  Kiss)
Yes, I tested this game under GNU\Linux WINE, and it worked fine under it.
(Hm... Need I change topic icon, if game working under WINE?)
simono
Level 1

screen.blit(fun)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »

Yes, I tested this game under GNU\Linux WINE, and it worked fine under it.
(Hm... Need I change topic icon, if game working under WINE?)

I would say, yes! A gamer would have wine installed. like i have Smiley cool...
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 11:09:55 PM »

By tomorrow I meant a week and half later, ay! (I should only tell people I'm gonna do something when I've already started, lesson learned Cry)

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
offal
Level 0

goblet lifestyle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 02:05:44 AM »

it's like sexy hiking and symphony of the night had a beautiful baby
Virtanen
Level 0

Lost in time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 02:23:25 AM »

Funny game. The graphics are charming, especially the bigger demons look so wacky.
The character walking is a bit challenging but I guess that's just part of the gaming experience.

VIRTANEN GAMES
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 03:45:26 AM »

Code::Blocks and MinGW

That's a good lad.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 04:02:16 AM »

This looks wicked!  I really love the way the graphics seem to melt into one another.  I'll be taking a look on my lunchbreak today.

sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 10:36:27 AM »

By tomorrow I meant a week and half later, ay!
One week is not so important. Thank you for post on the front page!

The character walking is a bit challenging but I guess that's just part of the gaming experience.
When I making this hero walking, I want to create something new in a platform games. Now I think, that was a wrong way. The idea is not good only because it is new idea.
But I hope this hero walking style not too bad after all. Wink

And thanks all for kind comments!  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:43:00 AM by sb3dgraph » Logged
cce
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »

This is great, I love the art style and the walk cycle is simply hilarious!  Beer! Never stop making games!
Switch0025
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »

Great game. I didn't have much of an issue with the jumping/walking mechanics as others did and the graphics looked great. My favorite part of the game was the "bad" English translation - no offense intended; don't ever fix it as it added character that wouldn't have been there otherwise. This made me laugh for example:

"Now demons coming out of there without ending, crushing our valuable furniture and doing other darkest things!"

Some of the power-ups were a little too difficult to get to though.
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 02:52:47 AM »

This rocks.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic