Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411501 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:58:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)MACHINA
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MACHINA  (Read 1827 times)
Mhaine
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »

Every story begins with a single image...

Description:
MACHINA will be a minimalistic 2-player strategy game, controlled using only 3 buttons. I intend to make an offline version first, followed by an online version should it be successful.
Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:41:21 AM »

Gameplay? Graphics?

The game sure is really minimalistic right now :D Just kidding, but post something to calm our gamers' urges ^^

By the way, what are you devvin' in?

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
Mhaine
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 09:42:54 PM »

It was a time of disasters, it was a time of innovation, it was a time of wars, it was a time of desperation, it was a time of brutality.
And we were all already dead.
We had build our Gods in our own image and isolated them in the dark corners of the universe. We let insanity claim their omnipotent existence.

Their age has now begun.

They built the invaders from our bodies: As weak as our brittle bones were, they were far more deadlier than any compound in our dying worlds. They destroyed each other with them.

They assembled the wardens from our minds: A stronger defense had never existed, though our tenacity plagued their swiftness and range. They used the wardens to preserve and repair fleets larger than the universe itself.

Lastly came the gatherers, the restructured forms of our forsaken souls. Gifted with human insight, those small and brittle machines were capable of building machines from the remnants of the matter. Soon gatherers became the backbone of the eternal battles raging across the fallen galaxies.

Lead the overlords. Who shall be the Red Knight? Who shall be the Victor? You will decide.

Who shall reign over the darkness of this failed universe?

Well, I think this sums up the basics of the gameplay. I am currently using GM8 for fast development, though I may switch to Python or Flash if I want to.

Some very very in game screens:

mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »

That is very attractive.

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
chromastar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »

I'll be following this one.

LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 11:22:42 AM »

Looking good!  I'm interested in learning more about the gameplay as it develops.
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »

lovely backgrounds and motion in those screens, keep it up Smiley.
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 01:05:56 AM »

Intriguing. Looking forward to seeing more.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic