The Germinator v0-3Gameplay
You are Norton, the Germinator.
You must stop the spread of viruses, trojans and worms within the PC you're installed on.
- Aim with the mouse.
- Shoot with Z,X or C to produce Red, Green or Blue bullets (which are strong against enemies of the same colour.)
- Red will also be powerful against Yellow and Magenta enemies.
- Green will also be powerful against Yellow and Cyan enemies.
- Blue will also be powerful against Cyan and Magenta enemies.
- You get 1000 for killing a virus with the correct colour, 250 without.
- You'll get a wave bonus of 2500 for a fully-killed wave.
- The flashing ellipses are enemy fire, and are indestructible. Avoid them!
There's now a nice crosshair.
Right mouse button launches a smart bomb if you have one (best to save them for the worst bullet hell moments.)
You'll get 500 for each consecutive hit with the correct colour (after the first hit).
Collect powerups to help you on your way (2-Way, 3-Way, 1up, Shield, Smart Bomb.)System Requirements:
- XP (SP2 or above)/ Vista
- A GPU capable of Shader Model 2.0, probably 64mb or above.
- 1Gb Ram (not tested)
- I'd hazard a guess at a 1.5Ghz Pentium4 CPU or above.
Here's the link:The Germinator v0-3.rar
(12.7mb)The Germinator v0-3 (patch).rar
(Upgrade from v0-22 only - please extract files into their correct directories - 150Kb)
Here's a mirror: (thanks to Sar)http://www.eviscerate.net/scraps/The Germinator v0-3.rar
You'll also need: Visual C++ RedistributableVisual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- First release. Underwhelming!
- Many small fixes, crosshair added.
- Baddie speed adjusted.
- Field of view adjusted.
- Tweened crosshair (smoother movement).
- Finally fixed that silly OpenGL bug - the yellow / black pixellated square is no more!
- Everything's faster and more arcadey.
- Powerups! (1up, 2-Way, 3-Way, Shield, Smart Bomb...)
- Correct Colour Combos.
- Many small glitches sorted.
- Enemies flash white if hit with the wrong colour. They also take three hits instead of two.
- Enemy bullets are now flashing ellipses ala Space Harrier, they're semi-homing now, so no corner is safe! There's loads more of them, and they fire in waves.
- Enemy waves are much improved, and they stick within the playfield.
- Collision improved slightly.
- Full text feedback about game, such as 'most recent powerup collected', 'wave bonus' etc...
- The bug that stopped you switching fire while holding the mouse button has been annihilated.
- The rounds are much shorted and sweeter. There's no waiting for an imaginary boss now.