Update! v1.3 - 140611
As usual - get it here
- 'Streamline selection box' settings option (screenshot, bottom-left)
- Cancel button on selection box
- Back button on menu screens
- Keyboard 1-4- shortcuts for programs
- Tooltip within-screen-boundary display limit
- 'Read message again' button - top-right, near the objectives tick
- Reduced UI flicker intensity, especially when alt. selection box option checked
- Unintended solution on Metronomics now supported
- All-start and multiple-symbol tutorial texts improved
Interesting and fun game.
I found a bug: Devil and the Details, level 2...
This is very clever - we originally thought the only way was a (more complex) solution in which you use R1 to destroy R2 to stop the metronome, but this works too. The level will now end as soon as R1 reaches the exit safely. Good find, thank you!
* When I am programming, I'd rather have a menu (horizontal or vertical) open just by the program element I've clicked on...
* Scrolling the mouse should move through programming commands...
* Please put the description of the command in the tool-tip...
* Having a 'cancel' command (to leave command as it was previously) would be nice...
* Push the command tool-tip up if it would go off the bottom of the screen...
* When playing a level, if I restart it, I can't work out how to re-read the instructions
* Perhaps point this out more clearly in the tutorials...
* 1-4 as short-cuts to the programming groups, please...
* I found the continual flickering of the interface quite distracting...
* The scrolling code window draws my attention while I'm playing.
The interface flickers slightly less now, and much less when the streamline option is checked. The symbol box also appears over the code scroller, hiding it from view.
* Quitting a level should at least give me the option to go back to the main menu or go back to the contracts screen in the campaign I am in.
Sadly very difficult! We might take a (another) shot at this but everything broke horribly last time we tried. The menu builds itself dynamically as you open folders, so going backwards from another place is... just, horrible.
* The button-group lights might be improved if they had a progress bar (or multiple lights) underneath them that light up as each button is pressed. Not too important though.
* Clicking on one of a robot group entries on the map, should switch to that program on the left.
* I got a bit confused by hold buttons being upside-down toggle buttons. 'T' works for Toggle, but upside-down-T for Hold doesn't work for me. 'H' instead?
Not implemented, because:
* Counting total switches as progress suggests the switches-on state is more important than switches-off or mixed states - also difficult to make this consistent across levels with different numbers of switches
* We prefer the total separation between the interface and the grid; this is otherwise a good idea, but it muddles the idea of remote
control a little
* A little far-fetched, but T and ⊥ are the logical symbols for tautology and contradiction, so we pretty much have to keep them in a robot game.
Thanks again for your help - if you have any more ideas, let us know.
The same goes for anyone else who might like to give the game a spin. You guys have already made this game a whole lot better than it first was. Thank you, TIGSource!