Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:31:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpunk and Moxie
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Author Topic: Spunk and Moxie  (Read 38241 times)
mankoon
Level 4

And that is how you get to Llama School.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »

I got it! Looks great and it's fun. Spikes are kicking my ass right now.

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »

this is very very good news:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13350050/Junk/applefeature_0.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13350050/Junk/applefeature_1.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13350050/Junk/applefeature_2.png

It's just unfortunate they made our banner look like shit. Sad

poe
« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »

Oh wow, congrats! Smiley
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2013, 10:45:26 AM »

I've played a couple of levels and I'm really enjoying it. Good work guys  Grin

Life sucks and then you die.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »

Awesome! I'm glad you enjoy it :D If you like us, could you give us a rating? It would help a lot!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2013, 01:34:55 PM »

well done on the release, looks great. and i'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it. i also rated u guys 5 stars in the australian store.

i didn't play long enough to see if you added a 'rate this game' popup, and likewise i didn't see a gamecenter button (although its got gamecenter activated because the tab shows up on startup). the lack of both means its a bit of extra work to get the player to rate the game as they have to quit the game, then go appstore->game->rate.

anyways, good luck with the other platforms! Smiley

Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2013, 02:57:37 PM »

I've given you guys 5 stars as well on the British store.

Life sucks and then you die.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »

Thank you kindly, guys! Your support is very much appreciated! :D I hope you all are enjoying the game, and please keep us updated on your progress with it. Any feedback will be used to improve upon future updates... And if you have any questions on how to get past a certain part, let us know; I'll happily answer them since there isn't really an official walkthrough or any sort of helpful information out there on the game right now.

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »

Hey guys, we're doing an AMA on Reddit today and we'd love it if you guys checked it out and asked us some questions, or just gave us a kind upvote to help out Smiley

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/195oiv/iama_we_are_the_indie_devs_behind_spunk_and_moxie/

Here's some news about the game: We just passed Angry Birds HD on the overall paid apps for iPad! So far two people have 100% completed the game and we're checking out their eligibility for the $1,000 contest prize.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2013, 04:44:57 PM »

i declare that AMA null and void by virtue of you listing phil fish as one of your most admired indie developers (joking)

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »

damn you guys are moving up fast! nice going!

(gave your AMA an upvote)

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2013, 01:36:07 AM »

Thanks guys! And about Phil, he's a pretty cool guy. After watching Indie Game: The Movie, I found myself relating a LOT to him and Edmund, which is why I mentioned them. Derek just gets mentioned cause he's my Eternal Waifu. Kiss

Ant
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2013, 01:37:13 AM »

oh man hope things pick up for you financially phubans. could maybe have a punt on kickstarter for madhouse hd?
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2013, 03:27:24 AM »

Nice work guys, bought the game for my ipad and you've done an awesome job. Very polished and fun to play. Will let you know if I'm ever able to finish the whole game.  Gentleman

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2013, 05:18:48 AM »

I appreciate the support guys, thanks a lot. And yeah, if things still aren't looking good after sales returns for Spunk & Moxie, I might try doing the whole Kickstarter thing, we'll see.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »

my biggest surprise from that AMA was actually not the phil fish thing, but this: they give two HUNDRED dollars a month in foodstamps in california? in NJ it's only a fraction of that. i don't get food stamps but my aunt does, and it's a *lot* less than 200 a month. no wonder california is known as a liberal state. i think the average nationwide for foodstamps is around 80 or so

i don't think i could eat 200$ worth of food a month if i tried. my food budget comes out to around 100 a month (but i buy food in bulk and prepare everything myself, and never eat out or order pizza or chinese)

Chris Pavia
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2013, 04:12:17 PM »

my biggest surprise from that AMA was actually not the phil fish thing, but this: they give two HUNDRED dollars a month in foodstamps in california? in NJ it's only a fraction of that. i don't get food stamps but my aunt does, and it's a *lot* less than 200 a month. no wonder california is known as a liberal state. i think the average nationwide for foodstamps is around 80 or so

i don't think i could eat 200$ worth of food a month if i tried. my food budget comes out to around 100 a month (but i buy food in bulk and prepare everything myself, and never eat out or order pizza or chinese)

Food in general (like everything) is also more expensive here in CA (and especially in SF). SF is also the most liberal part of CA (maybe outside of Santa Cruz), so that's a factor as well.

The game is shooting up the iPad app store rankings!
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2013, 07:33:19 PM »

Really? I actually thought it was pretty tough to get by on $200 a month on food, since I probably ate around $400~ a month on food when I was working (though I ate out a lot). Admitting that I was collecting was very embarrassing for me Embarrassed, as nobody wants to be seen as somebody on welfare, but I'm not one of those people that intends to be on it for much longer, and it certainly did help me get through the end of this project when my savings ran out.

If you need any art stuff for the Madhouse Kickstarter just give me a shout, I'd love to lend a hand.

Thanks a lot, dude! After we get our first paycheck from this game we'll know the limits of what we can work on next. If it's not enough to fund something huge like MADHOUSE then a KickStarter might be in order... Otherwise we might just see what we can do about cranking out a few smaller ideas I have for games that would work well on mobile without requiring such a huge scope like Spunk & Moxie. I don't consider Spunk & Moxie a huge game, per se, but I'd call it a light-weight feature-length title, for sure. We DID NOT expect to be working on this game for 2 years, but with half of the team having full time jobs (including myself at one point during the first year of development), things didn't come along as quickly as we had hoped.

In the end, we compromised having a huge scope by making a quality game held to our own artistic expectations.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2013, 03:47:48 AM »

@phubans - you realize 400$ a month on food is $4800 a year, right? that's inconceivably expensive, no wonder you fell into poverty if you were wasting that much money on food. my parents raised a family of 5 kids (that's a family of 7) on an income of $20,000 a year. if each of us had eaten $4800 worth of food each year, that'd be twice as much as our total income, leaving none for rent, electricity, etc. -- the excess is just incredible

what i do is buy large bags of rice and beans -- a 15 pound bag of rice can be bought for 10$ in some places, and will often last you all month. if they aren't cheap where you are, buy them on amazon.com (they give free delivery). lentils are particularly cheap and nutritious. pasta is also very cheap -- you can get about 2000 calories of pasta for a dollar. just don't go crazy on the tomato sauce, or make your own, since those glass jars of tomato sauce people use with pasta actually cost a lot more than the pasta itself...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:54:06 AM by Paul Eres » Logged

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2013, 05:22:13 AM »

i think we may need a tutorial thread on this

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic