Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 06:01:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpunk and Moxie
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Spunk and Moxie  (Read 38284 times)
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »

Spunk? SPUNK?! SPUNK?Huh?
HM... I kinda wish it is renamed. Spunk is weird... Why not Sponk?
Spunk reminds me of Sigvatr__

OMFG...

Looks good, though.
spunk and moxie are both terms for courage, pluck, or spirit/vigor

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 04:02:59 PM »

Its abbreviation is also S&M  Wink Wink Wink Wink

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »

we meant the more jizzy definition *sarcasm*
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:28:10 AM by DanFessler » Logged

blinkok
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »

i personally love the name, however have you considered the possibility that apple may put an age restriction on the game? stranger things have happened.

i cannot wait to get this game. it truly looks awesome!

My 2D Stuff twitter: @blinkok
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »

when we talked to apple, although they didn't seem too pleased with the name, it didn't seem like it'd be a problem.  Again, it's Spunk and Moxie - not Spunk and Jizz.  Context, people!  Context!

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 07:01:45 AM »

I love it, doesn't seem more complicated than it needs to be. The visuals are great aswell. Good job!
Will be keeping an eye on the app store.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 07:09:46 AM »

Windows Phone Durr...?

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »

Yeah, the Windows Phone market isn't looking too hot, which is why we'll be porting to iOS and Android. Once that is complete, look forward to a PC and XBox release, as well.

brettchalupa
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »

I hope I don't get too technical here, but I wanted to ask if you're porting it to Android and iOS using Mono or simply rewriting it using another tool/language?

I ask because even if the Windows Phone 7 market is very tiny, if the game is completed in XNA then why not release it on that platform? While the install base is not nearly as large as Android or iOS, there are users out there! I guess I am looking into more insight into why you would cut out a market that would be super easy to deploy to.

The only reasons I can kind of thing of are that it's just another version to maintain. Shrug
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

Can't wait to try it on android!
Looks great!

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 01:17:59 AM »

I hope I don't get too technical here, but I wanted to ask if you're porting it to Android and iOS using Mono or simply rewriting it using another tool/language?

I ask because even if the Windows Phone 7 market is very tiny, if the game is completed in XNA then why not release it on that platform? While the install base is not nearly as large as Android or iOS, there are users out there! I guess I am looking into more insight into why you would cut out a market that would be super easy to deploy to.

The only reasons I can kind of thing of are that it's just another version to maintain. Shrug

We're not cutting the windows phone version.  The plan is to launch in August on iOS and WinPhone then port to other platforms including android sometime later.  The lead version is actually windows phone.  We're porting using Mono Touch.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 06:44:02 AM »

I'd kinda like to see a write up on how you ported it later.

The name, yeah, ok... Keep it. It's snarky, at least.

MOAR!

Yeah.
brettchalupa
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 07:22:17 AM »

We're not cutting the windows phone version.  The plan is to launch in August on iOS and WinPhone then port to other platforms including android sometime later.  The lead version is actually windows phone.  We're porting using Mono Touch.

Awesome, that makes sense. Good luck! I'd also be interested in hearing about the process and what problems you dudes run in to. Smiley
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »

Yeah, the plan is to have the game on Android, and once it's on all 3 mobile platforms, it would be cool to look at PC/XBox360 releases. If you guys are anything like me, you don't even have a smartphone and PC is the most accessible route. Of course, I'd also love to see some kind of level editor released with the PC version so users could create their own content Smiley Of course, it all depends on how much time we want to spend on this game post its release; I for one am looking forward to remaking Madhouse!

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »

Android support. Nice. I do love them free operating systems.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley  Hand Thumbs Up Right

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 04:14:49 PM »

I have a smartphone and playing on it is dumb. Using your fingers to play directly on the screen is not up my alley.

Yeah.
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »

I have a smartphone and playing on it is dumb. Using your fingers to play directly on the screen is not up my alley.

Cool.  Send us 3 bucks and we'll send you a PC build Wink

But in all seriousness, this game was designed with touch in mind.  There are no onscreen control pads or whatnot.  just a single touch anywhere on the screen.  It feels quite nice on the phone.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:31:04 PM by DanFessler » Logged

SuperMistLand
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 07:57:17 PM »

Hey I met you guys briefly at Tigjam and played this. It was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the final game : )

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »

I have a smartphone and I think playing on it is dumb. Using your fingers to play directly on the screen is not up my alley.

Cool story bro..
There are tons of people playing tons of games on their phones. Some games have poor controls others are really fantastic.
Also depends on the type of touchscreen, the old touch screens are really bad in comparison to the new ones when it comes to precision and reaction time.

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »

"Bro", I stated an opinion, "bro". I hate playing on smartphones, "bro". Simple as that, "bro". Stealing screen real estate with my fingers crossing the viewing area annoys me, "bro". Me, "bro". Shouldn't be taken as a truism, "bro". It's my view on it, "bro".

There will be a PC version, good. Actually, great!

Yeah.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic