Adorable and quite fun, despite the flaws that I'll talk about here.
But first the good stuff:
- Love the pixel art, Darby looks awesome, and adorable.
- I really like the apple inflating/pushing mechanics for platforming and how it makes the levels more interesting to try and traverse.
- The levels generated look very interesting.
- Nice music.
And now the not-so-good.
- Often when I make Darby move left he turns back to right when he stops, this can be quite annoying when shooting at apples.
- I don't feel it's really necessary that Darby dies from falling from a lightly high place. If you leave it so, make the necessary fall height at least twice what it is now. and he should die when he hits the ground, not in midair. Looks and feels weird.
- Sometimes the collision check for the shooting doesn't work. Usually when I'm touching the apple. The back of the beam is touching it but the apple doesn't respond.
- I can often jump from the side of platforms as Darby noticeably penetrates it a few pixels.
- Sometimes I'm fairly sure I landed on top of a hanging apple but I fall through. It's probably a matter of the check being too precise or only a small area under the sprite.
- Holding the jump button makes you jump constantly. It can cause unwanted mistakes. Usually you should jump only once each time you press the key.
Well, I guess that's about it. I can see this game being crazy awesome if the issues are fixed. Good luck to you two!