Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:17:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894073 times)
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2011, 05:49:30 AM »

Out of curiosity, I would like to know what other people are playing. Sure there are comments here in the Games thread and in Announcements and Feedback from which it can be implied that certain forum members are playing certain games. However, not everyone comments on every game they play from the forums, and I'm willing to guess that most of us play games from many other sources.

So, I figured a thread such as this would be helpful for us as a community consisting of gamers, developers, reviewers, critics, and lurkers. Please feel free to mention whatever you want to share about games you have been or are playing.

Below is a list of games in my January 2011 folder containing games I either played or wanted to try. It isn't a comprehensive list of everything I played that month (no console, portable, or deleted PC games are included), but it's a start.

[Vae_Victis]
[SYNTH_tm_FREEWARE_v0808z]
[aeronesia_demo]
[SpaceworkOrangeDemo]
[Screwball]
[rootentater games]
[Lonely Dreamer]
[Gravitron3D_Src]
[FRACTbeta_PC_Richard_E_Flanagan]
ByTheNumbers.rar
HazardDemoInstall_May2010.zip
NightSky Demo.exe
Rainbow Racer.zip
Aiolos.exe
Space Captain McCallery Ep. 2 Demo.zip
SpaceCaptainMcCallery.zip
SYNTH_FREEWARE_32_MELBOURNE_REL.zip
AbsoluteBlue_Setup.exe

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »

I've started playing Fallout New Vegas again recently and I've been hooked. I was turned off on it the first time I tried it when 20~ hours in the bugs and difficulty of the particular area I was at became too much... But they've fixed most of the bugs and I've given it another shot.

BoxedLunch
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:24:40 AM »

Ribbit King, it's a weird golf-like game that involves frogs. it's much more fun though, and has several tons of power-ups and bonuses to get.

here's a video:

rococo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »

Lately I've been replaying La-Mulana, after trying last year to get 100% completion and messing it up.
Watching the live stream of the gameplay from wii version a couple weeks ago got me pretty psyched about it again.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 10:39:53 AM »

I've been playing a lot of doujin games recently.  I bought a stack of CDs from a Comiket collector and most of it is garbage.  Some of it, however, is pretty neat.  If it's got a star, it's in my top 5 for this list:

Acceleration of Suguri *
  -An excellent fighting game with a ton of moves.

AIR Flight
  -A decent anime clone of Flicky, an old Sega arcade game.

Big Bang Beat
  -I haven't played it much yet, but it seems like a competent fighting game.

Bike Banditz
  -It looks nice, but I dunno if it's really anything special for a shmup.

Crazy Power Disc Perfect
  -It's a clone of Windjammers for Neo Geo, but it plays well.

DashdeLeilei *
  -Run run run run RUN!!  It's an amusing obstacle course challenge.

Double Spoiler *
  -The only Touhou game I find super appealing.  It's a shmup, but you gotta take photos of the bosses using a camera.  It's pretty tricky!

Engage to Jabberwock
  -It's a top-down action game where you hunt bosses in a labyrinth.  I haven't finished this one yet.

Fairy Wars
  -Touhou shmup, you can freeze bullets, looks pretty decent.

Full Metal Sister Marilu
  -Metal Slug, but with NUNS.  Think about it.

Koumajou Densetsu 2
  -A decent Castlevania knock-off.

Lilithrottle
  -A pretty weird platformer based on Darkstalkers.

Melty Blood - Act Cadenza
  -A fighter like Big Bang Beat, but I'm not sure if it compares well.

Meglilo
  -A shmup where you can teleport; it's not too bad actually.

Morning Star Girls
  -A crazy shmup where you can swing around a morning star; it gets intense.

Nanikura Taiken*
  -It's Ice Climbers; I can't say it's great, but I really love it for some reason.

Planetarian
  -A decent visual novel about a guy that fixes up a planetarium after the apocalypse.

Rosenkreuz Stilette
  -A reasonable rip-off of megaman, though not as good as original stuff obviously.

Ruri Shot

Scarlet Devil Mansion Labyrinth
  -It's Lolo (eggerland), but it's got some pretty cool twists.

Tokkyutenshi *
  -A very cool racing platformer; Dashdeleilei but from the side I guess.

Trouble Witches
  -A pretty neat shmup where you can turn enemy shots into coins to buy upgrades.

Undefined Fantastic Object
  -The latest Touhou shmup, which takes a cool direction with the series.

Well that was a fun month, I'm sure I'll be up to more mischief next month.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Ququman
Level 0

May the power of prinnies be with you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »

As usual, I've been playing LOTS of 2d fighting games, but more precisely Vampire Savior and Samurai Shodown V Special. I suck at both of them, but it's fun and I love the sprites of both game's characters ! (i dare to say, Morrigan is one of the good reasons to play VS. but so is Sasquash ! in a different way.)
I also play Melty Blood a lot, the PS2 version though.

Aside from that, a bit of Minesweeper too. I've always loved Minesweeper. Who doesn't ? Nobody ! I guess.
Probably.
No ?  My Word!
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 12:10:15 PM »

I realised how much I enjoyed playing on my old consoles recently. Just last week I beat Mickey Mouse's Castle of Illusion on Master System. Last night I was playing Wario Land 2 on Game Boy Colour, which I'd bought a year ago but barely started. Good stuff Smiley

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »

Acceleration of Suguri *

GOOD TO KNOW.  I'd been curious/wondering about that game for some time now, but the description was pretty vague; all I remember about it was that it seemed to feature the characters of Crescent Pale Mist, but without the platforming element. (IIRC?)

As for what I've been playing?

Next-to-latest build of Aces Wild
Brogue
Escape From The Underworld
HD MvC-style KoF MUGEN build (HD KoF characters with air combos and marvel supers)
Gentrieve
Lonely Dreamer
Mushroom Kingdom Fusion
Stepmania/DDR
Spelunky
The Indie Game Legend
Under The Garden
Vanguard Princess

Spelunker HD
You Don't Know Jack
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Blazblue: Continnum Shift
Super Street Fighter IV
Demon's Souls
Rock Band 3
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Borderlands
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Metroid Zero Mission/Classic

About to start playing Caves and Ninja Senki, too. And heART and Oze, too. TOO MUCH GOODNESS.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:59:24 PM by baconman » Logged

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »

I went back to Quake 2. It's still the walk in the park that I remember. Oh, and Hexen but that's one I always find myself playing.
Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 07:48:33 PM »

I'm playing Roadwar 2000 - the pretty Amiga version. With savestates.

It's actually really tedious and I tend to stop my session after entering yet another tactical road battle(playing tactical is required in order to up the max vehicle limit - such BS), but I'm determined to see it through to the end for all those times I tried to play the game and failed to get out of my starting town.

So far my gang has conquered most of the Bay Area(starting there means I can go to San Jose and get some uber bonuses early on) and is at the beginning of a trip to Boston to begin the story missions. I'll probably have at least 700 gang members by the time I'm across the continent.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:03:34 PM »

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Brogue, with a little Monday Night Combat here 'n there.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 08:23:34 PM »

I've been playing a lot of doujin games recently.  I bought a stack of CDs from a Comiket collector and most of it is garbage.  Some of it, however, is pretty neat.  If it's got a star, it's in my top 5 for this list:

Acceleration of Suguri *
;
Hey, that one looks pretty cool.

destiny is truth pre-op
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 08:25:50 PM »

tactics ogre psp: fat bottomed girls (really good game, will review it in this very subforum when i have another hundred hours in it. it's like the srpg genre (or at least the srpg's i grew up with) grew up with me.

kattuobomb by ikiki -- simple arcade-ish game with a very kinesthetic main mechanic. fun stuff!

i have a list of unplayed indie games like three times as long as ithamore's. i am shame.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »

league of legends and revenge of the titans, since it was just released on steam to us with the humble bundle. just now gotten around to playing it.

I still pop open Spelunky from time to time.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:12 PM »

Shogun 2 and Homefront. Probably Crysis 2 if we get a copy. Also, replaying Torchlight.
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 11:57:48 PM »

Pokemon Black and Melolune.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 01:08:40 AM »

Played Super Meat Boy for the first time at my brother's house the other day and was suitably impressed. Yeah I know, I live under a rock.

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 04:48:10 AM »

Golden Axe Warrior (Master System/Power Base) is a rather neat idea for a Zelda-like. One item at a time, the ability to chop down trees with a battle axe, and 8-bit dialogue with sentence-case That's amazing, to have uppercase AND lowercase. After that, it's off to Phantasy Star.
jwk5
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 04:50:15 AM »

Cycling between Nier, Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Super Street Fighter 4.
man of doom
Level 2

It's not Tom and Jerry!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 05:10:21 AM »

CUrrently focusing on red dead redemption, with a bit of sims3 360 and cave story. Red dead to me is similar to far cry 2 - terrible for the first 6 hours or so them you progress enough for it to become fun. AT least now I've met people who don't just talk about the government and horses.

http://manofdoom.co.uk
Where all my stuff is at!
http://soundcloud.com/man-of-doom
Various musical stuff of mine
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic