Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:43:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894187 times)
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2080 on: November 04, 2012, 06:55:38 PM »

I heard the reviews for this weren't so good, but I quite like it, though it's a tough game.
Yeah, I love the combo names. I kept kicking the crap out of zombies and I got, "LEX LUGER" I thought that was a funny one.
Thought about getting the prequel, but I heard that one was worse, so I figured I'd try the better one first.

Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 04, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »

Just bought Postal2 from Steam. I never played this as I had no-gaming era in my life for long time.

This is just most greatest god damn game of all times.

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 05, 2012, 12:52:14 AM »

I bought and played some Natural Selection 2 last night. I have a good but dated graphics card, but damn, that game is very intensive on my hardware. Ugh, I can't get into games that doesn't run solid a 60 fps. I guess it's time for a new graphics card.  Lips Sealed

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 05, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »

Just finished Hotline Miami. My lips are now all fucked up from biting. I always do that on bosses and stuff but when playing Hotline Miami I was biting them all the time. Damn, that game was good. The most obvious thing is that it has such good game feel, it's fun to play even though you are dying all the time. The story was surprisingly enjoyable after it picks up towards the end.

SERIOUS TALK:

Were the dude's at the end supposed to represent Jonatan Söderström and Dennis Wedin? That is what I got out of it. Can you get more information out of the conversation?

Malky
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 05, 2012, 10:18:51 AM »

Just finished Hotline Miami. My lips are now all fucked up from biting. I always do that on bosses and stuff but when playing Hotline Miami I was biting them all the time. Damn, that game was good. The most obvious thing is that it has such good game feel, it's fun to play even though you are dying all the time. The story was surprisingly enjoyable after it picks up towards the end.

SERIOUS TALK:

Were the dude's at the end supposed to represent Jonatan Söderström and Dennis Wedin? That is what I got out of it. Can you get more information out of the conversation?

Did you get all the secrets?  If you do, there's a little more dialogue you can get out of that scene.  It's not exactly enlightening, but it might whet your appetite a little.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: November 05, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »

SERIOUS TALK:

Did you get all the secrets?  If you do, there's a little more dialogue you can get out of that scene.  It's not exactly enlightening, but it might whet your appetite a little.

Nah, I did not collect all the pieces. I might just do that because I want to play more!

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2086 on: November 05, 2012, 11:49:23 PM »

Still playing Killing Floor. Damn, that game is so fun in Multiplayer.

kiddRaddical
Level 0

ALT UNIVERSE SEGA SATURN DEV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2087 on: November 06, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »

River City Ransom (NES), Megaman (Classic), Sonic 1-3 (classic), Legend of Zelda (original). Golden oldies  Kiss

posting (too) regularly on Twitter: @EthanRedd
EthanRedd.com
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2088 on: November 07, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »

Just hammered through PixelJunk Shooter. That game is pretty doggone sweet, but so short!! I'm also playing pack-in-the-box; although some of my nerdylicious karma is paying off, in that I have a place - with zero expectations - where I can crash awhile. Gonna try and stay scarce enough to not overstay my welcome, though.

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2089 on: November 08, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »

I've been getting back into

and even making a couple maps for it.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 08, 2012, 11:58:37 PM »

I AM ALIVE
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 09, 2012, 03:33:58 AM »

Bunch of old timey arcade games in MAME, working my way up from the mid 70s - currently up to '84.  Really amazing period for games, kind of depressing playing a ton of creative, interesting games that have been completely forgotten.
tmgs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 09, 2012, 12:56:45 PM »

NecroVision was pretty good. Currently low-level PvP'ing in Dark Souls and playing various puzzle games.What's in the Box? is nice, but the controls are bad.

I couldn't bring myself to finish Quantum Conundrum yet - the puzzles are just too obvious. Maybe it gets hard later, but I couldn't be bothered playing through 10 filler puzzles to get to one that really stumps me.
Uykered
« Reply #2093 on: November 09, 2012, 02:50:33 PM »

Played through Halo 4 campaign with a few friends on Legendary. Was too easy and basically a mindless rush to the objectives, it didn't matter if you died you'd just respawn again. So we turned on the option skull where you go back to the checkpoint if 1 dies, which improved the game at some points but we had to turn it off again because there's so many tedious boring parts to the campaign.

There's a lot of cutscenes/story and it is stupid and uninteresting, there's also many times where you just stand around doing nothing waiting. dum. One of the main themes of the game is copy and pasting level scenery, I thought maybe they'd only do that a couple of times but it occurs throughout the entire game — it feels like most levels are made up of 1 bit of level design that is then repeated 4 or 5 times. The new Promethean weapons are interesting at first but feel really bad to use and lack power compared to the human weapons, and these guns are everywhere so you have to use them. I haven't played the previous Halo games since they came out, but I'm pretty sure they had better campaigns than Halo 4. The graphics were okay for an xbox 360 but still feel outdated, many of the environments felt bland though mainly because of the recycling of scenery. It also left on a bad note as well, the final boss was a boring quick time event, LOL and only player 1 could do it. what a joke of a game.

After that I played about 30 minutes of multiplayer mode with just the 4 of us, which was a SIGNIFICANTLY better experience than the 9 or so hours of the mediocre campaign. Basically it feels like a real sequel in this department and where the meat of the game is, every single aspect from Halo 3 & Reach multiplayer have been improved a lot (I'll need to play it more to be sure though.)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2094 on: November 09, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »

Klei (Shank, Mark of the Ninja) has a new game called Don't Starve, you can play the alpha if you pre-order on Steam.

a survival game with a bit of crafting. though top down, it's much like Under the Garden. though it has an even heavier emphasis on survival, and less of an emphasis on building a base/home.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219740/

fun gameplay, slick graphics and a cool presentation. and you get an extra copy if you pre-order, so it's basically only 6 dollars.

seems to be a tad light on content, still in alpha though so I'm sure it will have more to do in time. though I only played for 30 minutes so I'm not sure how true that statement actually is.
forwardresent
« Reply #2095 on: November 12, 2012, 11:13:13 AM »

Don't Starve is pretty neat, I like the update counter they have running. I love the art style and that sense of dread I get at night. Pro tip, plant trees around Spider Nest, set trees on fire, fight scared spiders one by one, feed to science deity, rinse, repeat.

I picked up Thomas Was Alone about 30 minutes ago, it's a platformer about co-operation and getting as much character as possible into basic shapes. The narration and soundtrack are really good. I'm enjoying it.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2096 on: November 12, 2012, 11:20:09 AM »

Gomez  Gomez  Gomez

Enjoying it... finding it to be very relaxing.
The world is very immersive and cool to explore, I'm always finding something new and intriguing.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2097 on: November 12, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »

Bunch of old timey arcade games in MAME, working my way up from the mid 70s - currently up to '84.  Really amazing period for games, kind of depressing playing a ton of creative, interesting games that have been completely forgotten.

I haven't forgotten .. :3
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 12, 2012, 03:50:53 PM »

Finally decided to play the copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl I bought on Steam a long, long time ago. Downloaded the S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2009 Complete mod as well. I'm kicking myself for not having played this game earlier. It is extremely immersive, especially with a pair of headphones on playing in the middle of the night.

Unfortunately, I didn't really play S.T.A.L.K.E.R much before I modded it, so I don't know if the lighting was as superb in the vanilla game, but holey Moses it looks good, especially at night when you have to use your flashlight to even see 10-15 feet in front of you. I also love that the story is kind of a moral grey area where it is mostly fueled by survival rather than your typical hero's quest found in games. I'm definitely loving it, I'll be sure to check out the later games when I'm done.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
forwardresent
« Reply #2099 on: November 12, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »

Clear Sky is a buggy mess, even for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game. Call of Pripyat however does everything right. I love that game, they got everything right in that one.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic