Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:35:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903135 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: January 07, 2013, 03:39:41 PM »

Disciples III Renaissance
is that any good? has been on my radar forever but i keep forgetting about it (haven't played any previous disciples gams)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: January 07, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »

is that any good? has been on my radar forever but i keep forgetting about it (haven't played any previous disciples gams)

I quite like it, but it's very, very hard, and not always for the right reasons. For example, just as in Heroes of Might & Magic or any of the other Disciples games, you have units that travel around the world map and form armies under heroes. Healing them if they're injured is fairly easy -- depending on your character class they might heal automically, or you can use magic to heal them, or even use map features that do it for you. However, if they die, they're out of commission unless you have purchased a reviving potion, have access to (and the funds to pay for) a reviving spell, or, more likely, you head to a friendly town to heal up. Some heroes can learn to revive allies, which makes this less of an issue (unless, of course, they die). Sometimes that allied town is right back at the beginning of the map. But the heroes are fairly customizable, and you can upgrade your units in various ways through upgrading the towns, so it's still interesting.

I do like it; it's well worth the five bucks the game and expansion cost me. If you play it, though, look up the ini tweak to speed up traveling on the world map -- it just speeds up time in general, so it doesn't break the game's balance, it just makes something that's normally a bit tedious much more manageable.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:36:29 PM by crowe » Logged
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: January 07, 2013, 10:35:57 PM »

I really like the designs in Disciples III; they're all ornate, but in a way that seems like it might exist somewhere. Lots of Gothic design, etc.
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: January 08, 2013, 06:02:47 AM »

Just finished playing The Briefcase.It was pretty easy to find everything but I just didn't get to the door in time ;_; I tried at least 5 times but still haven't beaten it. Now playing Homesick...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:18:56 AM by Code_Assassin » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: January 08, 2013, 10:42:37 AM »

thanks!
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: January 10, 2013, 01:47:19 PM »

I just picked up Tales of Symphonia because I had some good memories of it but never made it to the end if I remember correctly. However, after playing about 40minutes, starting from scratch, I'm about to quit already. The dialogues are horrible, can't be skipped and are really, really slow. The "Hard Mode" which I chose because I like a good challenge is indeed so hard that my fully healed companion (the rest of my party died in the other random encounter beforehand) died in a face to face battle against a single random encounter featuring ONE average enemy. Even if I wanted to, I am not able to grind, because I can't make it to the nearest safepoint after the first encounter without getting dragged into a second one. What the fuck, how could you possibly mess this up so much!?
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: January 10, 2013, 04:45:27 PM »

Been playing that Anarchy Reigns. I'm skipping out on the campaign since I can't skip the cutscenes, and the matchmaking system is complete booty (seriously Japan, get on this), but once you're actually in a multiplayer game, it's a big ole bucket of funs. It's much more complex and even more chaotic than I expected. Attack strings have guard and jump cancel points that allow for pretty crazy juggles. However, it's also possible to sneak in the 360 get off me attacks while caught in an attack string so work on your burst baits people. And this is all while a vigilante big rig is driving through the stage, and a huge ogre looking boss is terrorizing all teams. There's prolly even more you can do with the perks and abilities, but I haven't unlocked any yet. Everyone get it so we can do a TIGStacular battle royale.

I've been trying out Sleeping Dogs too. It's ok.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: January 11, 2013, 03:44:58 PM »

Considering picking up Blood Money myself, I'm nearly finished playing through the DMC collection and need something to keep me occupied. From what I hear, it's the "best" Hitman game overall, though there isn't a complete consensus on that. I also want Painkiller once it's released on 360.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2328 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »

ddddoooo iiiitttt
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: January 11, 2013, 06:37:21 PM »

QUBE (Quick Understanding of Block Extrusion) was short but fun with some clever and original puzzles.

The game offers up a linear series of First Person Puzzles, similar to Portal, except instead of a portal gun you have the power to interact with colored blocks to make them extrude in and out of walls.

Red blocks can be extruded from zero to three block lengths out of the wall. Yellow blocks come in threes, and have to be extruded all at once in a staircase pattern. Blue blocks aren't useful as stepping stones, but do suddenly extend to launch you through the air. Other kinds of blocks appear.

Puzzles vary. In some, your goal is simply to cross the room to the exit door. In others, you need to manipulate blocks to get a ball to roll through a goal to unlock the door. In yet others, you need to use panels to see in dark rooms, use arrows to rotate parts of chambers, move mirror blocks to reflect light onto triggers, and a few other neat tricks that keep the puzzles varied.

The early chapters feel like Portal, if you stripped out all the scripting and voice acting, and kept the visuals bare. The rooms have pristine white walls and aside from the occasional wall that opens like a door, you're left feeling like there wasn't a script writer on the team. After chapter 5, though, you start seeing some variety with broken rooms, unusual layouts, and scripted robots that make the world feel less sterile. Still, don't go in expecting anything even close to the quality of Portal. The scripted visuals in QUBE just serve to break up the puzzles a little bit, and are otherwise completely forgettable.

There's no tooltips, or text at all so you're left to figure out how everything works completely on your own. It feels pretty good when you do, since the mechanics of some of the objects aren't immediately obvious so you're not simply solving obvious puzzles you've seen in other games. You can solve pretty much every puzzle through logical deduction, which feels really good. The only buttons you need are WASD, space to jump, and mouse 1 and 2, so experimentation with new mechanics goes quickly so you can get back to puzzling.

The game is only about 2 hours long (maybe longer if you're not a very good puzzler and get stuck on a level) but it's a fun two hours and doesn't feel like it has any padding at all. The variety of the puzzles is good, and you never get the feeling like you're just solving the same puzzles over again in a different setting.
Daniel Silva
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2330 on: January 11, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »

Darksiders II (360), I'm just trying to unlock all achievements from the game...
... and the Death's mask avatar item at the end of the Crucible.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2331 on: January 12, 2013, 12:46:08 PM »

Played a little Duke Nukem 3D

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: January 12, 2013, 03:10:34 PM »

Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2333 on: January 13, 2013, 02:23:58 PM »

Playing Opera Omnia. Cool game.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:42:58 PM by Manuel Magalhães » Logged

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2334 on: January 13, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »

The original Metal Gear Solid and Rayman Origins.

Dear god is Rayman Origins amazing.  Smooth crazy platforming joy.  I suddenly don't mind quite as much how long Michele Ancel is taking on Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Daniel Silva
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2335 on: January 13, 2013, 06:08:42 PM »

The original Metal Gear Solid and Rayman Origins.

Dear god is Rayman Origins amazing.  Smooth crazy platforming joy.  I suddenly don't mind quite as much how long Michele Ancel is taking on Beyond Good and Evil 2.

That Jeep pursuit at the end... It makes me sad that there isn't a Twin Snakes version out to PS2 or include inside HD Collection.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: January 13, 2013, 06:47:11 PM »

Played through Half Life 2: Episode 2. I'm impressed how many original situations they've devised for the episodic games - the battles through the pitch black sewers, the radar-car, the battle with the striders at the end of Episode 2, a lot of fun variations on the original mechanics instead of just pumping out more maps.

Gonna go back and play it again and try to get the Little Rocket Man achievement.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2337 on: January 13, 2013, 06:59:51 PM »

That Jeep pursuit at the end... It makes me sad that there isn't a Twin Snakes version out to PS2 or include inside HD Collection.

I didn't like the Twin Snakes version. Some of the improvements were fine, such as the new voice acting and graphics, but most additions were completely unnecessary and ruined the experience for me.

I feel like if Kojima was in charge of the remake it would have been a lot better, and I see no reason to play it over the original. It's worth playing at least once, but the original version is still the best.
Falsen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2338 on: January 14, 2013, 02:34:09 AM »

I got Civ 5 in a bundle on amazon recently. I haven't played a Civilization game since the 3rd one and I'm having a blast. The bundle also came with the Stronghold collection which I've been wanting to try for years but never got around to it.

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2339 on: January 15, 2013, 03:12:29 PM »

Trip World, for Game Boy. I'd argue its a better version of Mr. Gimmick! the awesome and beautiful and underrated NES title. Also Metal Gear GBC, Survival Kids for GBC, and Metroid 2 for GB. There is some amazing quality here.

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic