Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:50:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894286 times)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: January 31, 2013, 08:06:21 PM »

http://jayisgames.com/games/surgeon-simulator-2013/

Surgeon Simulator is short and cute. It's got QWOP-level frustrating controls, but unlike QWOP a single error doesn't end you. A normal human being can win the game with a little practice.

My record is 4:59, with about 80mL of blood left when I finished the surgery.

They're apparently aiming for a Steam Greenlight release with more levels, but it'd take some clever level design to keep the game from becoming a pointlessly frustrating version of Trauma Center. As it is, picking out pieces of ribs quickly gets tedious when you just want to get at that heart.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2401 on: January 31, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »

suonds like they got a bit overconfident with that reception. it's an entertaining little thing but certainly not worthy of a full game without a ton of drastic changes.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: January 31, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »

i smell the next overdone youtube fad

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: February 01, 2013, 07:38:05 AM »

Overblood? Underrated classic.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: February 01, 2013, 05:00:40 PM »

nvm what i posted earlier about path of exile, i gave the game another shot over the past 2 days. im not deep enough into it to make a final assessment but so far its pretty damn good. agree with derek and alevice that it solves a lot of the design issues that plague so many diablolikes.

also gotta love how they pretty much straight up copied FF7's materia system without even really adapting it and somehow it fits the diablo formula like a glove. who'd have thought.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2405 on: February 01, 2013, 10:14:49 PM »

I finally won at surgeon simulator 2013, great fun concept

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: February 02, 2013, 01:21:03 AM »

nvm what i posted earlier about path of exile, i gave the game another shot over the past 2 days. im not deep enough into it to make a final assessment but so far its pretty damn good. agree with derek and alevice that it solves a lot of the design issues that plague so many diablolikes.

also gotta love how they pretty much straight up copied FF7's materia system without even really adapting it and somehow it fits the diablo formula like a glove. who'd have thought.

Yeah, it's excellent. Being able to swap skills around lets you really have a lot more variability in characters than in most diablos, even though the big passive skill tree means you have to specialize somewhat to be really effective. I've been a fan since I tried it in the closed beta, and it's just been getting better since then -- good stuff.
ink.inc
« Reply #2407 on: February 02, 2013, 01:29:47 AM »

i played path of exile for about 3 hours with crowe and bobo last year during the weekend open beta and found it really boring  :^(

has it changed enough since then to warrant a redownload?
Uykered
« Reply #2408 on: February 02, 2013, 03:05:24 AM »

It feels basically the same. I'm playing it with a friend, but so far there is basically no challenge, doesn't feel like I can do anything wrong, just spamming skills and moving along.
Garmy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2409 on: February 02, 2013, 05:53:14 AM »

I just started playing Leap Day.

Its made by the same group that made Triple Town and Panda Poet..
Like those other games, this one also has a sublime simplicity to it, yet challenging and deep strategy. It's gold.

I run https://www.develteam.com - an Indie Game Development Community
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: February 02, 2013, 07:49:23 AM »

Just finished Nifflas' new game The Great Work. As usual, it's immersive, has great art work, and the metroidvania platforming is still there. This time the game comes with an amazingly calm soundtrack, you can now move around the ceiling, and the game features a crafting mechanic. The game is half powerups and half fetch quests, although some items need to be brought to certain places to change before giving them to those who need them.

It's a short game, though you can get very lost. Hopefully, if Nifflas touches it up, he can add more areas, powerups, things to craft and actual challenging platforming sections

I've also been playing Corrypt, a dungeon crawling game featuring not only pushing boxes around, but also forcibly pulling them when you move away from them. This lends itself to complicated puzzles, but the real twist happens later when you get "magic". It lets you "corrupt" a tile on the grid, this tile is copied to every other room you move to. It's helpful for carrying empty tiles onto rooms that have walls blocking the next area, but can also bring switches, enemies, boxes and possibly switches.

Because of the nature of the magic, it's possible to get permanently stuck in the game, but the fun is in the planning, like Tower of the Sorcerer.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:57:18 AM by vinheim3 » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2411 on: February 02, 2013, 07:54:13 AM »

WHat are you Character Names in PoE, guys?

You can find my L3 Witch in the Default league called Joannette, and my L20 Hardcore Duelist called AleviceJones

Ashkin
« Reply #2412 on: February 02, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »

Been playing Antichamber. I didn't think it was that great at first, but once I reached about 65% (a little before 'you can grow a garden anywhere') I was enjoying it. I got to the ending, but I'm going back through to find the hidden rooms, of which there are two left: one from 'Hitting a Wall', and one from the room with the birdblob thing in a white block with a black dot on the ceiling/floor.
Ashkin
« Reply #2413 on: February 02, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »

Has anyone solved the mystery of the pink cubes in Antichamber?
pinaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2414 on: February 03, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »

The Saboteur, an underestimate game with its flaws but it's really funny.  Gentleman

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: February 03, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »

my hardcore marauder is BusyLittleBear, but i have a couple of friends I play with mainly. we beat act 3 last night and it was some real good stuff!

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: February 04, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »

Omerta: City of Gangsters seemed so promising. It's a 40s gangster management game mixed with XCOM style tactical combat. It has the presentation you'd expect from a Kalypso. The same kind of object based main campaign with stereotypical characters. The graphics are pretty neat especially in the city overview.

There are huge flaws to the game though. The game takes place in a very limited sandbox area and there is not much property you can buy or actions you can make. Therefore the gameplay becomes linear and devoid of playstyle. This makes the management part of the game dull. One thing you'd expect from a gangster management game are rivalry gangs. Guess what! No rivalry gangs. The combat is also really poor with a lot of inconsistencies of what is cover and not. It feels even worse after playing a bunch of XCOM.

It's not terrible but just really dull. The price of 40$ seems incredibly high for this product.

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: February 04, 2013, 08:48:13 AM »

Spellforce 2: Faith in Destiny Scenario 2: The Golden Fool
Adam H
Level 0

Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2418 on: February 04, 2013, 09:02:40 AM »

I'm currently playing through SSX on the 360, which I nabbed in the XBL sale for £9. It has definitely satisfied the craving I've had for a snowboarding game since SSX3 on the PS2, which was one of my favourite games at the time. However, the lack of character customisation is a bit disappointing, and certain gadgets just ruined some slopes for me; the Pulse Goggles just felt ridiculous! It felt like I was riding down a mountain without any texturing whatsover.  Besides these small mishaps, it's been a lot of fun. 8/10.

I'd like to delve into Skulls of the Shogun next! I loved the trial, and the thought of multiplayer sounds awesome, so I'll pick up some points soon.

Adam Haynes ~ Music composer, orchestrator, arranger
adamhaynes.co.uk | Soundcloud | Youtube | adzin.co.uk | @duckthatbites
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: February 04, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »

Omerta: City of Gangsters seemed so promising. It's a 40s gangster management game mixed with XCOM style tactical combat. It has the presentation you'd expect from a Kalypso. The same kind of object based main campaign with stereotypical characters. The graphics are pretty neat especially in the city overview.

There are huge flaws to the game though. The game takes place in a very limited sandbox area and there is not much property you can buy or actions you can make. Therefore the gameplay becomes linear and devoid of playstyle. This makes the management part of the game dull. One thing you'd expect from a gangster management game are rivalry gangs. Guess what! No rivalry gangs. The combat is also really poor with a lot of inconsistencies of what is cover and not. It feels even worse after playing a bunch of XCOM.

It's not terrible but just really dull. The price of 40$ seems incredibly high for this product.
p much confirmed my suspicions. i almost preordered the game on steam but decided against it last minute. glad i did now.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic