Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:39:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902431 times)
FatBasic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2580 on: March 08, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »

Haven't really had that much spare time lately, so I haven't been playing any games really.
BUT I can't wait until Age of Empires 2 HD is released, and I'm going to conjure spare time if it's not existing at the time!

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2581 on: March 08, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »

Finished playing Resident Evil 1.5 (

)

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: March 08, 2013, 06:44:32 PM »

I've been playing Super Mario 3D Land, which is pretty excellent. Each level is drastically different from the last in setting and graphics, so you find yourself drawn from one level to the next just to see what's in the next stage pip. Each level is introduced with some enticing animated miniature which hints at the type of obstacles and setting you'll see, which helps to really highlight the contrasts. Contrary to the New Mario Bros games, the worlds don't have any sort of common theme except that world 8 has a lot of lava levels. You might start by exploring a desert plateau with rooms carved out of the rock interior then next you're running along bridges suspended over cheep-cheep infested water, then next you're riding spinning colored blocks in the sky with windmill-esque structures forming boundaries in the distance. It's really refreshing, and you get the impression that the devs were constantly looking for ways to work in interesting views of the scenery.

I'm also still playing Dragon Quest 8. In addition to the art direction, I'm really keen on the alchemy system for making items. I love reaching a new town and finding a few recipe books to experiment with, trying to guess the missing ingredients or being surprised at what I manage to make. Guessing randomly at ingredients isn't nearly as fun, though, like those Doodle God flash games that were popular a year ago. If there was a game that had DQ8's alchemy system but made all the action and exploring singularly about collecting the ingredients and discovering new clues for recipes, I'd play the crap out of that.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2583 on: March 08, 2013, 07:00:18 PM »

Haven't really had that much spare time lately, so I haven't been playing any games really.
BUT I can't wait until Age of Empires 2 HD is released, and I'm going to conjure spare time if it's not existing at the time!

I'm excited for it, spent a lot of time back in the day playing that game.

Also good to see that it doesn't use GFWL. Guess Microsoft finally realized people hate it.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2584 on: March 09, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

Just started up the old PS1 X-Files game (

) so far it's pretty decent.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2585 on: March 09, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »

Little late to the game but finally started playing Dark Souls.  Damn this game is hard, but I'm enjoying it so far (I've only just gotten past the starting level)

ClayB
« Reply #2586 on: March 10, 2013, 08:08:31 PM »

Started playing Zeno Crash. I love what they were going for, but you can tell it was a rushed production.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2587 on: March 10, 2013, 09:36:10 PM »

You mean Zeno Clash? I love the fight mechanics in that game.

forwardresent
« Reply #2588 on: March 11, 2013, 03:00:07 AM »

I'm pretty psyched for the sequel.
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: March 11, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »

Yume Nikki, Borderlands 2, Touhou 9.5 & 11, Quake 3 Arena,
SterlingDee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2590 on: March 11, 2013, 12:29:32 PM »

lots of online casual games...procrastinating!

Motion Logic Studios
2D & 3D Art - AAA Experience, Indie-Friendly Prices
Feel free to email me or connect with me on twitter!
ClayB
« Reply #2591 on: March 11, 2013, 09:58:05 PM »

You mean Zeno Clash? I love the fight mechanics in that game.

woops yeah, i meant zeno clash. The fight mechanics are the bomb! It's just some of the other stuff could use a little polish.

I just beat it. Loved how they handled the story stuff. Sooo excited for the sequel. 
pinaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2592 on: March 12, 2013, 03:14:08 PM »

Sometime ago I've finished The Saboteur, it's a unpolished gem. The story is basilar but the main character is funny(at least in my language).

Most important thing: it does what Assassins Creed stopped doing after the first title, unfortunately the missions design is mostly mediocre so it's not really taking advantage of this but the game is fun overall. Paris is well designed and the surroundings offer some nice nazi bases to take over.

Pandemic had a lot of talent.  Cry

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: March 16, 2013, 06:55:59 AM »

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: March 16, 2013, 07:16:56 AM »

Opened up my fat PS2, cleaned it and now it reads discs. Hence I'm playing Dragon Quest VIII again.

Tondo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: March 16, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »

Just started playing the remake of La-Mulana, after giving up on the original game way back in the day.

They seemed to have fixed quite a bit of the annoying parts, and now the game feels playable by mere mortals like myself.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2596 on: March 16, 2013, 01:24:35 PM »

Planned on playing the original Jedi Knight again for like the 15th time. Are there any other action adventure sci-fi games like this that have that great feeling and memorability?

forwardresent
« Reply #2597 on: March 16, 2013, 04:04:54 PM »

I got a Steam key for Bit Trip Runner 2 from the Bit Trip guys and I've been playing / sucking at that. I'm kind of drunk and really bad at it.

I also played some Blood Bowl earlier, didn't go too well.
vexille
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2598 on: March 17, 2013, 07:13:19 AM »

The only thing I've been playing lately is The Showdown Effect. And it's totally awesome!
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: March 17, 2013, 07:23:59 AM »

I got a Steam key for Bit Trip Runner 2 from the Bit Trip guys and I've been playing / sucking at that. I'm kind of drunk and really bad at it.

I also played some Blood Bowl earlier, didn't go too well.

I'm curious about the new Bit Trip Runner game.

I thought runner was the weakest game of the series, and suspected that a lot of its popularity came from the fact it managed to get noticed by the wider audience of Steam while the rest of the games stayed on Wiiware. I also felt like the Bit Trip games, taken on their own merit, were only mediocre (except for Core, which manages to combine the music and the action in a way none of the other games do). It isn't until you play them as a series of games and see them all wrapped up with Bit.Trip.Flux that they come together as more than the sum of the parts.

I'd really like to hear an opinion about Runner 2 from somebody who has played the whole series on Wiiware (since it's still not available on PC).
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic