Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:42:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903068 times)
pixhead
« Reply #2620 on: March 21, 2013, 02:38:06 PM »

Shadow Complex!

I didn't like it at first but as I got more upgrades it got better.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: March 21, 2013, 03:29:54 PM »

I picked up after having left off at the shadow temple boss in OoT and finished the game. I regret that I missed out on many Nintendo games when I was younger so I feel obliged to replay some of them now.

The forest temple was actually tricky because I forgot to re-twist the hallways, Shadow Ganondorf was moderately simple and it has the best dungeon music in the game. First time a Wallmaster came for me I jumped.

Fire temple might have been the easiest dungeon in the game if not for the boss fight. I died a couple of times when I tried to hammer the boss. Fairly unnotable dungeon, I liked freeing gorons though.

The water temple deserves more credit. Sure, I too spent a lot of time in there too but I really liked the layout, especially compared to the fire temple which was kind of a mess. The Dark Link fight was one of my favorite moments in the game, not Z-targeting made it easier. Still it's probably the hardest temple.

Shadow temple was ok. I like the darker and stranger themes in Zelda games. It's kind of a long temple from my experience and it's a pain having to do the boat ride when you just want to get back to the boss fight. Bongo Bongo was alright.

The spirit temple was a breeze. It's kind of odd that it's the only dungeon that requires visiting both as child and adult Link, I mean that is the theme of the game. I liked the whole desert crossing part leading up to it; so ominous and atmospheric! Easiest temple boss fight in the game.

It was fun to revisit items in Ganondorf's castle. Weird to have two gauntlet upgrades towards the very end of the game. Playing tennis with Ganondorf might be the best part of any boss fight I have ever played, brilliant boss design! The Ganon fight was really anti-climatic but after a long gaming session I just felt like finishing the game. I'm glad I did.

Ocarina of Time has definitely stood the test of time. I think the game design will still stand in the future for another remake. I want that Majora's Mask remake, Nintendo!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: March 21, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »

The water temple deserves more credit. Sure, I too spent a lot of time in there too but I really liked the layout, especially compared to the fire temple which was kind of a mess. The Dark Link fight was one of my favorite moments in the game, not Z-targeting made it easier. Still it's probably the hardest temple.
are you playing the 3ds remake? because they fixed the water temple in that. in the original the iron boots were a piece of gear like the swords and the tunics, so you had to open the inventory screen to equip them every 10 seconds.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: March 21, 2013, 03:58:32 PM »

are you playing the 3ds remake? because they fixed the water temple in that. in the original the iron boots were a piece of gear like the swords and the tunics, so you had to open the inventory screen to equip them every 10 seconds.

Huh, I thought the update was visual with more hints where to go. I can see that being a pain, even more so than the Game Boy Zeldas lol.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: March 22, 2013, 07:25:16 AM »

There is also visual indication for water level, and maybe also more visual hint to break the symmetry which confused player. I did like the water temple, it was a true 3D temple, now we have flatten temple in all the later zelda. Ocarina truly has 3D specifics challenge.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2625 on: March 22, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »

yeah, the wall marks are new too. the rest of the dungeons are identical to the original tho afaik.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2626 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:11 PM »

Got back into Anarchy Online. Man, I really love the environments and some of the enemies that go with them.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: March 23, 2013, 06:29:12 AM »

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil. The writing is mediocre and the early levels are extremely easy, but the visuals are top-notch. Nearly every screen is loaded with detailed, one-of-a-kind background scenery elements and every level has a different theme, from an amusement park, to a gravity defying art gallery, to a dry ocean bed, to a sunset soaked abandoned castle.

The later levels ramp up the difficulty pretty severely and require some impressive mid-air acrobatics to survive, moreso if you want to collect all the dreamstones in the level to unlock pages in the art gallery.

The cutscenes are relatively dull, and drag out an otherwise decent story with characters who "Umm...." and "Okay!" and "Whaddya mean?!" for several lines when it would be enough to just tell you the next magic bell is in the next kingdom so you need to hop a boat.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 06:37:21 AM by SirNiko » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: March 23, 2013, 09:52:03 AM »

in other news, ni no kuni fucking OWNS
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: March 23, 2013, 10:26:19 AM »

no ps3 Cry

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2630 on: March 23, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »

Does it? I've watched part of an LP for it, and although the visuals are amazing and the story looks reasonably good, the gameplay seems deeply flawed. So many bad JRPG cliches, endless tutorials, overcomplicated systems that don't look particularly fun...maybe I'm not getting the full picture by not playing it firsthand, but it seems like it's meant more to be watched than to be played.

That said, the visuals might just be good enough to make it worthwhile despite the other flaws. I am still tempted, I just don't want to sit through hours of the game holding my hand and explaining every tiny thing to me.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: March 23, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »

I'm on the fence on this game. Can you elaborate?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: March 23, 2013, 12:46:57 PM »

Does it? I've watched part of an LP for it, and although the visuals are amazing and the story looks reasonably good, the gameplay seems deeply flawed. So many bad JRPG cliches, endless tutorials, overcomplicated systems that don't look particularly fun...maybe I'm not getting the full picture by not playing it firsthand, but it seems like it's meant more to be watched than to be played.
if you don't like jrpg mechanics you won't like the game lol

i think ppl somehow expected ni no kuni to be "innovative" when it's really a pretty traditional jrpg with great art direction and it's excellent for ppl who enjoy that sort of thing. if you liked level 5's previous rpgs i highly recommend it.
pixhead
« Reply #2633 on: March 24, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »

no ps3 Cry

I feel your pain man Beg
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: March 25, 2013, 06:20:28 AM »

Ni no kuni is pretty good, but the battle system has some "features" that leave a lot to be desired.  A lot of bosses have huge moves that they telegraph which the game intends for you to recognize and block.  That's all well and good, but the cooldown time on your block can be much longer than the telegraph time, meaning that you fully well know that you are completely fucked and there is nothing you can do about it.   Beyond that, the "puzzles" are pretty pathetic, but the game is a pretty decent mashup of your standard DQ or FF style jrpg and Pokemon so if that sounds appealing, go for it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: March 25, 2013, 06:57:30 AM »

haven't noticed that at all. why would you even block anything other than special attacks anyway? i think the battle system is actually v good for this sort of game, the only criticism i have is that the party AI is dumb and you don't have enough control over it. wouldn't have hurt to take some cues from xenoblade.

the puzzles aren't really puzzles but that's ok because i hate puzzles in most gams and especially in jrpgs
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: March 25, 2013, 07:26:09 AM »

I herd bioshock infinite is very good so I bought it.

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2637 on: March 25, 2013, 09:00:46 AM »

I had acquired a copy of the Ratchet & Clank collection for the PS3 a few months back. And I had started playing the first game for the PS2 several years ago, but had gotten stuck on one level and never revisited it. Last week I pulled the collection off the shelf and gave the game another try.

I was glad I did. The overall experience of the original Ratchet & Clank was a positive one. The collection does a good job of up-scaling the title, without throwing in any overt changes. The exaggerated cartoon graphics hold up well over time. Insomniac's colorful and personality-infused creation has aged like fine wine.

If I had one major complaint, it would be some of the boss fights. They are very few, and the ones that are there feel a little lackluster. The final boss in particular was a study in frustration.

What really stood out as excellent was the level design, and the encounters for the basic enemies. These elements had been carefully crafted to encourage experimentation and flexible thinking with the game's wide variety of weaponry. This is where the game really shined.

I'm going to take a little break from the series after the first entry, but I am looking forward to revisiting R&C down the line.
Ironix
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: March 25, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »

Not playing much. But when I actually play.. Runescape, Roblox, Minecraft, My own games and AC3.
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2639 on: March 25, 2013, 01:06:25 PM »

picked up contact for the ds. enjoying it a ton

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic