Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:00:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894441 times)
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2800 on: April 18, 2013, 04:58:01 PM »

Nowhere is a Survival Horror game released in 2007 for cell phones. Not smartphones, mind you, cell phones, with the number pad and the shitty screens and the java etc.

It's pretty good though!

A giant snail. I like it.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: April 18, 2013, 06:48:59 PM »

Paper Mario: Sticker Star finished up okay. The Ice world follows up a brilliant ghost house level with two on-rails action stages that aren't really clever. The jungle level has two raft stages, the second of which is just dodging a big fish and then you reach the goal, then you do it again to get the alternate exit.

Final boss seemed average. It carried on the thing-based weaknesses from previous fights, though by the time you get that far you have access to the astonishingly powerful Infinijump sticker which can tear through enemies pretty quickly. I beat it without using any of the things, and it was a satisfying finale.

When you know the enemy tactics, though, the game loses its shine. You can inflict incredible damage with mediocre effort, so boss fights are trivial when you know what to prepare for.

Finding Things is spoiled a bit later in the game when most of the things are simply discarded in caves or other places of no significance. It was more fun early in the game when they were cleverly incorporated in the world, like the faucet for the waterfall or the trumpet played by the goombas. Since other stickers are single-use upgraded versions of stickers you already have, you don't get the sense of excitement you got in previous paper mario games when every new badge meant new possibilities for equipping your character.

On the other hand, the length was about right and on an initial playthrough the learning curve for combat seems about right since you're just exploiting enemies to the maximum as you clear the least few levels.

I think I need to catch up on some indie games now. I think I'll do that Jelly Puzzle game and maybe finally play You Have to Win the Game.
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: April 18, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »

Nowhere is a Survival Horror game released in 2007 for cell phones. Not smartphones, mind you, cell phones, with the number pad and the shitty screens and the java etc.

It's pretty good though!

A giant snail. I like it.

Yup.  Totally like.. putting that one in the memory banks.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2803 on: April 19, 2013, 02:06:52 AM »

Faster Blaster again: it's being updated again. Spend at least 3 hours on it, and then get back to me or replying in it's dev thread.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: April 19, 2013, 09:09:29 AM »

eador: masters of the broken world just came out. so far it seems like pretty much a remake of the first game with better graphics. seeing as eador genesis is one of the ugliest gams around, that's a good thing, but i still expected more changes to be honest. :/

it's also kinda unfinished and buggy lol
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:16:01 AM by C.A. Sinner » Logged
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: April 19, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »

Unlimited Saga is incomprehensible and probably terrible but I like it anyway
SterlingDee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2806 on: April 19, 2013, 02:57:17 PM »

Endless Space...just discovered it. super addicted

Motion Logic Studios
2D & 3D Art - AAA Experience, Indie-Friendly Prices
Feel free to email me or connect with me on twitter!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: April 19, 2013, 03:01:54 PM »

eador: masters of the broken world just came out. so far it seems like pretty much a remake of the first game with better graphics. seeing as eador genesis is one of the ugliest gams around, that's a good thing, but i still expected more changes to be honest. :/

it's also kinda unfinished and buggy lol
UPDATE: this game is rushed and shitty. there are bugs all over the place and they actually managed to make the interface like 100 times worse. it also hogs way more resources than it probably should, given the fidelity of the gfx. there's basically no reason to play this over the original other than graphics.
Ashkin
« Reply #2808 on: April 19, 2013, 03:23:51 PM »

Playin' some Starseed Pilgrim. Oh droqen you know the way to my heart <3
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: April 19, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »

It's pretty good though!

Are you emulating this?  I am too dumb to get it to work but I really want to give it a shot.

I am playing Captain Commando and Toki.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2810 on: April 19, 2013, 10:15:32 PM »

Got back to Necrovision. I don't care what reviews say, that is a really fun and tense game.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: April 19, 2013, 10:47:54 PM »

Has anyone else played Ghost Trick for the DS? I just beat it and it was absolutely incredible. One of the most inventive narratives I've ever played through.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2812 on: April 20, 2013, 12:03:11 AM »

I'm playing ni no kuni and for once I'm actually enjoying the battles in a jrpg

Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: April 20, 2013, 12:32:51 AM »

Has anyone else played Ghost Trick for the DS? I just beat it and it was absolutely incredible. One of the most inventive narratives I've ever played through.

Fantastic game.  Easily the best point and click adventure ever made, great writing and characters.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: April 20, 2013, 03:23:39 AM »

Ghost Trick is fantastic.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: April 20, 2013, 08:44:45 AM »

It's pretty good though!

Are you emulating this?  I am too dumb to get it to work but I really want to give it a shot.

I am playing Captain Commando and Toki.

Yes; I used to have a proper old phone for that kind of thing but it's no longer with us. The one you want is Kemulator; the game you'll have to buy somewhere I suppose - if they have a download to PC option, then that's what you want.
Blambo
« Reply #2816 on: April 20, 2013, 01:18:39 PM »

Any good tactical party-based RPGs for android?
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2817 on: April 20, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »

Agreed. The animation was really pretty, too.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: April 20, 2013, 03:19:15 PM »

Agreed. The animation was really pretty, too.
Seconded. I had a hard time believing that it wasn't 3D animation.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
ink.inc
« Reply #2819 on: April 20, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »

o m g etrian odyssey 4

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic