Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:53:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903092 times)
Blambo
« Reply #2820 on: April 20, 2013, 04:28:04 PM »

o m g etrian odyssey 4

Sweet, thanks.
ClayB
« Reply #2821 on: April 20, 2013, 06:29:58 PM »

I'm looking for some indie games that don't fit in a genre for some inspiration. Any recommendations?
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2822 on: April 20, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »

Illegal communication

majormel84
Level 0

holy shit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2823 on: April 20, 2013, 10:02:29 PM »

Unlimited Saga is incomprehensible and probably terrible but I like it anyway

I remember buying this game for like, a dollar. I hated it soo much and the only stroy i ever got far in was laura's. Have you beaten this game before?

W H Y   M E
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2824 on: April 20, 2013, 10:28:14 PM »

La Mulana. The newer and the retro version.

New version had no BG's or cursors, and I couldn't see sit-still Lemeza beyond an arm. So I popped back into the retro version and finally plugged through the Mausoleum of the Giants. Now I'm at the boss! And have no idea what to do, besides dodge. I'm sure something'll pop up.

Other things I'm working on there: the ROM for the fairy queen in Endless Corridor (whatever/wherever that is), and that angler fish in the Spring in the Sky.

evktalo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: April 21, 2013, 03:11:03 AM »

Serve & Volley with my nephew with a Commodore 64 I just acquired.  Kiss

Also, a versus-style 2-4 player deathmatch game from a buddy of mine: Toxic Takedown. Has a nice 90s retro/arcade vibe and an effective scoring mechanic: instead of direct points for kills, you need to catch a bouncing star that is spawned upon a kill. You can mess this up (for instance, jumping after it into acid) and your opponent may well come back and collect both of the stars. Good fun, although you do need a friend (or three) at hand in meatspace in order to play.

--Eino
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: April 21, 2013, 03:43:54 AM »

I remember buying this game for like, a dollar. I hated it soo much and the only stroy i ever got far in was laura's. Have you beaten this game before?

Sure. It's not for everyone, but that's not necessarily a bad thing surely.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: April 21, 2013, 07:12:45 AM »

*scoff* Games must be made for the lowest common denominator, obviously.

Just played through The Knife of Dunwall DLC twice.  I feel a bit cheated for the money, not because it wasn't fun but because it feels like they deliberately split up the content to make more money. The ending feels more like the ending of Act 1 than any sort of proper ending. But getting a bit of Daud's tale is nice, and it allows them to rejigger the abilities a bit in ways that completely change how the game plays.  The biggest difference being that while holding down the button for Daud's Blink, it stops time if you aren't moving.  This allows for a much more precise style of play, where you can blink to the perfect spot every time, kill a dude, and then blink out perfectly, before anyone sees you.
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: April 21, 2013, 09:45:13 AM »

I actually quite enjoyed the core mechanics of Unlimited Saga, and I found the art style of the cutscenes and the battles to be compelling, along with the storyline. It's just that going through the maps is such a BORE, that playing it for too long just sucks your soul out.

I've been hunting down all the games by Ikiki that I can find. I'm currently playing Buntan, which I've found a lot more enjoyable than Nikujin, which I find interesting. Usually I prefer faster paced games.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:08:34 AM by TheNineRings » Logged
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: April 21, 2013, 10:15:47 AM »

if you can figure out the final boss in that can you tell me how you do it  WTF

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: April 21, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »

In Buntan? Yeah, sure, once I beat it. I'm actually about to take another go at Buntan right now.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: April 21, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »

Ace Attorney.

Love that game.

ClayB
« Reply #2832 on: April 21, 2013, 01:12:34 PM »

Just played Space Funeral for the first time and beat it in one sitting. What a ride!
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: April 21, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »

In Buntan? Yeah, sure, once I beat it. I'm actually about to take another go at Buntan right now.

i've figured out where most of the sake bottles are, but even then, the final boss seems nearly impossible. i hope there's a trick to it and it's not just about perfectly timing the time stopping to get through his attacks, cuz doing that is super difficult.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: April 21, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »

i've figured out where most of the sake bottles are, but even then, the final boss seems nearly impossible. i hope there's a trick to it and it's not just about perfectly timing the time stopping to get through his attacks, cuz doing that is super difficult.

I just found it a day or two ago, so I expect it to take me a week or so to beat.
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2835 on: April 21, 2013, 04:02:21 PM »

Ace Attorney.

Love that game.
I'm just finishing up the first game. Sometimes the logical leaps are a little odd, but I like the way that you gradually unravel the stories.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: April 21, 2013, 04:22:34 PM »

Ace Attorney.

Love that game.
I'm just finishing up the first game. Sometimes the logical leaps are a little odd, but I like the way that you gradually unravel the stories.

You mean Justice For All? Because that is a prequel.

Yeah, the game isn't founded in logic so it can get tricky during cross-examinations. I too love how the cases unfold, the game structure, the characters and the witty writing. The game oozes creativity.

I'm almost done with this game and I will definitely pick up more Phoenix Wright games as well as Ghost Trick which is also directed by Shu Takumi. I have only heard great things about Ghost Trick.

Btw, Ghost Trick remind me of an old flash game I played over at Newgrounds but I can't quite remember the name of it. You basically play as a ghost who tries to solve his own murder. As a kid it was an engrossing experience.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:33:33 PM by Mono » Logged

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2837 on: April 21, 2013, 05:56:08 PM »

Nope, I'm playing the iOS port of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I played through the first case or two of Justice for All a few years ago, but I never got a chance to finish it. Figured I should do them in the right order now that I have the chance!

Also, yes, definitely play Ghost Trick. I think I remember the game you're talking about, too, though it's a pretty vague memory at this point. I seem to recall it was an urban setting, and one of the scenes was in an outdoors basketball court or something...
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: April 21, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »

the guild01 games are on sale on the eshop. picked up and played a little liberation maiden and quite a bit of aero porter. aero porter gets hard really fast and makes you feel bad for messing up the luggage. i'm sorry, bob saito. i'll work harder next time!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: April 22, 2013, 08:04:16 AM »

crimson shroud is the best of them imo. i hope matsuno makes a longer game in that style sometime.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic