Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:46:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894353 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: May 01, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »

Pretty much everything from Darksiders is derivative of another game.
ya thats what i don't like about darksiders. it never really feels like its own thing, even despite the fact that the particular combination of mechanics (zelda dungeons + god of war combat) hasn't been done before.

its an ok game though i had fun with it.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: May 01, 2013, 02:19:40 PM »

I liked the modern ruins backdrop for Darksiders. It was fun to explore the partially collapsed subway and skyscrapers and see how the Legend of Zelda dungeon design feels when the areas are more than just generic, purposeless dungeons. That alone is what drew me to the game, and I was really disappointed the sequel barely explored that again.

http://candies.aniwey.net/ This was featured on JayIsGames today, and it's really pretty cute. It's not quite a game, but maybe a little more like a webtoy. I recommend leaving it running in another tab while you do other things for reasons that will be clear after you play with it a bit. It's a little odd and becomes more odd as you continue to 'explore' it. I'm not sure if it has an ending.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2882 on: May 01, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »

http://candies.aniwey.net/ This was featured on JayIsGames today, and it's really pretty cute. It's not quite a game, but maybe a little more like a webtoy. I recommend leaving it running in another tab while you do other things for reasons that will be clear after you play with it a bit. It's a little odd and becomes more odd as you continue to 'explore' it. I'm not sure if it has an ending.

I threw all my candies on the ground.  The game was not amused.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2883 on: May 01, 2013, 02:54:25 PM »

that candies thing is pretty interesting. I can't seem to beat mount goblin, even with an iron sword. guess I'll have to wait for the silver sword.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: May 01, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »

I can't seem to beat mount goblin, even with an iron sword. guess I'll have to wait for the silver sword.
i thought that was a joke post but then i actually left the candy thing open for a while lol
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: May 01, 2013, 03:43:19 PM »

Yeah, it just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Everything seems to go on exponential curves so what seems ridiculously huge at first takes less time than you think.

It has a save button for a reason.

Also, hidden stuff. Click the candy man's hat.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: May 01, 2013, 04:19:30 PM »

It's Cursed Mountain.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2887 on: May 01, 2013, 06:28:01 PM »

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.
Just as much fun as I imagined!  Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2888 on: May 01, 2013, 11:22:53 PM »

had it out for awhile, got to the castle keep which apparently has a boss. he owned me once so I stocked up on invulnerability potions, but I don't have time to activate another one before he kills me. I keep failing when trying to make turtle/clone potions so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to beat this guy.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: May 02, 2013, 03:07:35 AM »

There is a teleport scroll available from the merchant (his scrolls are random, keep buying) that will make you teleport back to the door and away from the dragon. If you use a seed it generates a tree that basically ties you up for 10-20 seconds so you can run out the potion timers.

I needed five invulnerability potions, seeds and teleport scrolls to beat him the first time. Also, eating candies raises your max HP in case that wasn't obvious.

I haven't been able to beat the next quest, though.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: May 02, 2013, 06:52:27 AM »

I'm disappointed that 100 lp/sec is the maximum.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: May 02, 2013, 07:35:22 AM »

I'm disappointed that 100 lp/sec is the maximum.
same. its kinda dum that it lets you waste your lps too. (fuck i've been having this tab open for way too long)

ANYWAY,
I'm playing Soul Sacrifice. A lot less like Monster Hunter than I expected, more like a fast-paced 3D arena brawler w/ some interesting character customization mechanics and thankfully very little grind so far. The whole equippable abilities thing kinda reminds me of Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. I'm not far enough into the game to really judge this yet but it feels like there's quite a bit of depth to it. What sucks is that the game doesn't show you how many uses of your abilities you have left, because using them all up means they're gone permanently.

Enemy designs are cool but the whole presentation and story are complete throwaway schlock and (seemingly on purpose) almost comically "grimdark," which I guess is ok, but it means the game kind of undermines any sense of atmosphere it may have.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:57:56 AM by C.A. Sinner » Logged
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: May 02, 2013, 09:42:33 AM »

open up the javascript console and raise it your ownself you lazies! i like the frog.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: May 02, 2013, 10:00:05 AM »

Advance Wars: Dark Conflict... I mean Days of Ruin. Why do they keep renaming shit for the European release?

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Yougiedeggs
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: May 02, 2013, 11:51:59 AM »

Oops, I left that Candies tab open for a while.

14 candies in my stomach
20 candies on the ground

I now have 40,100 candies  WTF

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2895 on: May 02, 2013, 01:35:32 PM »

I give up on the castle keep boss. making potions is too confusing and doesn't seem to work. the game was pretty interesting but the difficulty ramped up way too fast.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: May 02, 2013, 01:39:05 PM »

making potions is actually really easy lol, just follow the instructions

still playing soul sacrifice. it feels weird actually PLAYING something on my ps vita.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: May 02, 2013, 01:47:31 PM »

I liked how the potions were a different sort of thing to do. Making the player develop a new skill totally unrelated to what they've done up to that point except with the candy theme fit the game's weird trajectory of starting with nothing and becoming unexpectedly more complicated with each advancement.

If you didn't like the potion mixing and dragon, though, you wouldn't have enjoyed the next quest anyway. It just adds another layer of complexity on top of everything before it.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2898 on: May 02, 2013, 02:03:16 PM »

I did follow the instructions, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong but I was completely unable to make the turtle or the clone. And after failing about 20 times I gave up. I liked the idea but it just seemed pretty terribly implemented.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2899 on: May 02, 2013, 02:54:36 PM »

in that area I just used my fire scrolls to get past the enemies faster. if you kill them fast the thing won't have time to reach you.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic