Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:31:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 901929 times)
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: May 04, 2013, 01:58:05 AM »

Finally up to the "Yourself" level, hoping that's the last. Anyone know what the last 2 inventory items are/how to get them? I've ran each stage like 10x each except Hell. Please tell me it's not in Hell

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not in Hell, also running the last stage gives you just a little less than 1billion candies each, woah

Also Anodyne is so good, dat ambience, surrealism, difficulty and exploration. Gonna attempt the 3 hour achievement later
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:53:14 AM by vinheim3 » Logged
Blambo
« Reply #2921 on: May 04, 2013, 05:56:44 AM »

Dusting off my GBA. Recommendations? In the mood for some flashcart bootlegs.
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2922 on: May 04, 2013, 07:31:05 AM »

Just tried Blood Dragon today, very fun shooter. Silly humour.

I've also been playing lots of LD entries.

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: May 04, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »

Prison Architect has a pretty amazing tutorial.

forwardresent
« Reply #2924 on: May 04, 2013, 08:00:24 AM »

Prison Architect is pretty awesome full stop. Go easy on me if you ever get me in your jail, I usually put myself in permanent solitary.

Advanced Wars, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission. Golden Sun was also pretty neat. Metroid Fusion is probably my favourite GBA game though.

I discovered that on Blood Dragon running out of ammo turns it into Mario.
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: May 04, 2013, 09:16:16 AM »

It was such a busy April I missed that Deadly Premonition on the PS3 came out.  Good looking out.  I may head out to pick it up today.  I had it on the 360 and loved it, and hated it, but it also started a Twin Peaks viewing party.

Need more time for games!!  I'm really jones'n for a good table top game.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
halk3n
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: May 04, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »

Knee deep in the universe of Star Control II. It's quite amazing how different genres are seamlessly merged into one. I'm quite in awe of that feat alone from the designers.

My only gripe is the convoluted star map system (reminding me of Metroid (NES)).
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2927 on: May 04, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »

Just tried OFF. That is such a brilliant and creepy game.

Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2928 on: May 04, 2013, 04:06:14 PM »

Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis is the worst Tactics Ogre game*, but it's still a damn fine game. If you like that kind of thing.

Any of the Castlevania games are... Castlevania games, if you like that kind of thing. IIRC, Circle of the Moon is the most challenging and they got easier as the series went on.

Actually, now I think about it, I can't remember playing anything other than those and Golden Sun on my GBA. I have a couple of dozen cartridges, I'm sure... I just can't remember what they are.

*(To be fair, there are only two.)

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: May 04, 2013, 04:09:41 PM »

Drill Dozer for the GBA is pretty magnificent. Revving up the drill and switching gears feels really good, and the later levels do a great job of making use of all the obstacles so you feel like every element is completely explored.

I'm also partial to Wario Ware: Mega Microgames.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2930 on: May 04, 2013, 08:18:38 PM »

Finished all the levels in Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition! Evil

DN3D is probably the game I played the most in my life, played hours and hours of it when I was younger. Also spent a lot of time making my own maps on the level editor, so it's kinda my first experience with "game development". The game has a special place in my heart.

But it has been more than 10 years since I last played it, decided to buy it on Steam to check if it was still good and...

... it is!

Not so mindblowing as it was back in the time but still a good game. A little easier than I remember and having to cycle through weapons and not having a grenade button feels weird to a shooter nowadays. Levels are a little more linear than I remember, not as much backtracking as DOOM for instance, most of them try to simulate real world locations so there are no big mazes like in DOOM and Quake (except for some of the levels in space, which are kind like DOOM levels since they are in space, so fuck logic). Still, they are all full of secrets and a lot more open than what we have on FPS today. A lot of levels let you choose different paths to complete it.

Also, the Megaton Edition on Steam comes with the Atomic Edition expansion and a bunch of map packs not made by 3D Realms that I had never played. The extra episode from Atomic Edition is by far the best one with an excelent pacing, great level design and a lot of new ideas thrown in. The maps not made by 3D Realms feel like fan made stuff, some are huge, confuse, tiresome and full of unnecessary stuff just because someone thought that a big map would be cool. Others are just plain ugly because the people making them didn't know how to work around the limitations of the engine. The "Christmas Episode" is atrocious, with enemies badly balanced and not fitting to the game and awful level design.

Playing through everything was great to learn about good and bad level design in old school FPS. Smiley

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: May 05, 2013, 06:10:13 AM »

I'm disappointed to hear the map packs aren't that great. I was considering getting Atomic Edition specifically to play those. The level design is what I liked best about Duke - aside from the relatively dull space levels, the levels all mirror real world locations so there's a bit of fun seeing what you'll discover around the next corner. The map packs seemed like they'd follow that trend on account of the versatile themes.

Maybe they'll port Shadow Warrior next.

Following some translation forum links, I found a page of really obscure SNES JRPGs I'd never heard of, but were fan translated to English, so I decided to play one on a lark. "Dual Orb 2" is pretty uniformly bad. The plot is painfully cliche, starting with the silent protagonist breaking into an ancient temple with no good reason to do so, to an almost hilariously predictable death of his father. Combat is a weird game of guessing the enemy weakness from your many elemental spells, and it seems like enemies have arbitrarily chosen weaknesses to various weapons such that you basically have to memorize which monster sprite is usually weak against which character's attacks. There's also a weapon upgrade system where you pay incremental fees for D&Dish +x bonuses to weapons, which is clever in concept but is frustrating when you blow a bunch of gold to get a +7 sword and then find an identical +7 sword in the next dungeon.

The graphics are nice and the dungeons have some decent complexity so far, so it's not that bad. Monsters scale up in XP and gold quickly, so you gain levels fast. It could have been worse.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: May 05, 2013, 06:12:03 AM »

Prison Architect is busting my balls. I need to get better at it because it seems like the kind of management game I love; engrossing and lot's of visual feedback.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: May 05, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »

I'm playing some Tomb Raider. And by that I mean I'm walking five steps forward, turning on Survival Instincts to look for collectible items, then repeating the process.

Also good lord I'm drowning in quick time events

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Polyphonic Entity
Level 0

Melting Brains With Sound Waves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2934 on: May 05, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »

Played through Turrican 2 on the Amiga yesterday and started Super Turrican on the SNES. So far Turrican 1 and Mega Turrican are my favs.
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: May 05, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »

Drill Dozer for the GBA is pretty magnificent. Revving up the drill and switching gears feels really good, and the later levels do a great job of making use of all the obstacles so you feel like every element is completely explored.

I'm also partial to Wario Ware: Mega Microgames.

Yessssss! You're the first person I've ever found online who's actually played Drill Dozers. That's one of my favorite GBA games, and might fall into my top 30 games ever. That game was creative.

It also reminds me of Konjak quite a bit.
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: May 05, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »

Played through Turrican 2 on the Amiga yesterday and started Super Turrican on the SNES. So far Turrican 1 and Mega Turrican are my favs.

I miss summers and the Amiga.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: May 05, 2013, 09:10:37 PM »

Some obvious, but I have no idea of your experience with the platform:  Ninja Five-0, Metroid Zero Mission/Fusion, Wario Land 4, Gradius Galaxies, Astro Boy Omega Factor, Advance Wars 1/2.
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: May 06, 2013, 09:40:11 AM »

Some obvious, but I have no idea of your experience with the platform:  Ninja Five-0, Metroid Zero Mission/Fusion, Wario Land 4, Gradius Galaxies, Astro Boy Omega Factor, Advance Wars 1/2.

Don't forget the Megaman Zero or the Castlevania games.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: May 07, 2013, 01:10:11 AM »

Personal favourites on the GBA are Link's Awakening DX, Golden Sun series, Wario Land 2-4 and the Castlevania games.

Picked up Fez, and I'm loving all the exploration and the puzzles.

Antichamber is pretty sweet too with all the little lessons and ways the game tricks you.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic