Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:26:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894331 times)
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: May 11, 2013, 11:24:23 PM »

entering the world of SMW rom hacks. Any suggestions for good ones would be appreciated.  Hand Any Key Hand Clap

Keytastrophe
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: May 12, 2013, 01:32:32 AM »

I think I've never heard someone describe a game as an "ego shooter" before, whatever that means.
it's the german term for fps. we call platformers "jump n runs" too.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: May 12, 2013, 08:06:48 AM »

Picked up Catherine on PSN Plus and really liking it so far. I wish more games would tackle "everyday" issues rather than some form of world saving.

Be sure to finish it. Still my favorite 360 game.

I like those quirky differences.

Right now playing Bioshock Infinite. I think my eyes dilated when I entered Columbia for the first time. Started the game on hard as per recommendation here, and it feels like normal mode.
olli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: May 12, 2013, 08:12:05 AM »

Currently playing ni no kuni, thomas was alone, mario kart 7( i've played it on the bus on the way to and from work just about every day for well over a year, and it's still fun) and dishonored's knife of dunwall dlc. Great stuff.
Polyphonic Entity
Level 0

Melting Brains With Sound Waves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2984 on: May 12, 2013, 08:16:52 AM »

wikipedia says the term ego shooter equals first person shooter. I think that's right, however, imho the ego does not have to move in a 3D environment  Blink And I think that the game Persian Gulf Inferno had some important elements that deliver the feeling that games like wolfenstein 3D introduced. Imho it really is an overlooked little Gem.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: May 12, 2013, 08:23:53 AM »

I like those quirky differences.
the german language is full of these weird pseudo-anglicisms. a couple popular ones are "handy" (cell phone), "beamer" (projector) and "oldtimer" (vintage car).
mychii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: May 13, 2013, 04:13:17 AM »

Currently playing Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 with a friend at work with DeeZire mod. Nostalgic.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: May 13, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »

Batman: Arkham Asylum is fun. I've finally gotten around to it and I'm glad I did. I like how the combat is fun enough that they could make a whole mode around it by itself, and did. I also like how challenge mode teaches you all sorts of special takedowns for the stealth segments. Despite having a typical modern unskippable tutorial, I like how many, many of the tricks and traps you can use are optional and not explained via tutorial. Stealth segments feel more like they're just for you to show off, rather than be a challenge.

The Neverwinter D&D MMO entered "Open Beta" and it's pretty fun. Doing dashes in combat and keeping your stamina up makes it more action-oriented than your usual MMO, which is a nice change of pace. Combat is fast and fun, especially with a group, punctuated by frequent boss monsters that require a little more effort to avoid and debuff. The setting isn't that exciting early on, with some pretty traditional medieval fantasy, but maybe later on it opens up. It's got a lot of lore to read into but it's unfortunately all transmitted via text and I find myself just skipping through quest dialogue boxes without reading them which makes me feel like I'm doing it wrong, but I'm still having fun. I like how it's not subscription based, but I wish I could support it by buying something other than healing scrolls and xp boosters and high level weapons. I'll probably play it a bit on weekends.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2988 on: May 13, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »

trapped
in a fez
factory
---
please
send
help
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: May 13, 2013, 11:08:01 PM »

I still don't know what that means.

Been trying Ragnarok Online 2 for around 5 hours. It's extremely grindy, and I'm not sure if I should stick with it to see if it gets good. I like the crafting system, so if it's anything like WoW's, I'll probably stick with it a little longer. Combat is a lot simpler though, it's very easy to come up with a build from the start. The Khara(achievements/title) system is addicting too.
chobopeon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: May 14, 2013, 06:54:27 AM »

i played std bits a bunch today. it's still a great universe to get lost in.
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: May 14, 2013, 09:18:03 AM »

I haven't spent that much time with the 3dsXL, but I have been lately.  My girlfriends got all kinds of goodness on it, and I spent about 3 hours playing the new Castlevania(3ds) on it.  Oh wow.. so much fun.  I don't think the 3d is a 'need' but they do some awesome things with it.  The theatre where you bump into the puppets for the first time... totally cool.

I saw Resident evil ds, and some others in the her game bag!!  Persona, Mario's, Luigi's!!

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2992 on: May 14, 2013, 12:15:18 PM »

I finally started BioShock Infinite. My first impressions were Shocked this is really pretty which then turned to Yawn another, typical FPS. I had skipped over the first two BioShock games, so I wanted to give this one a try, and had a gift card to Best Buy that was burning a hole in my pocket. Perhaps it will get better, but I've been jaded to the FPS genre for a few years now. Marketing got me, and Reddit.

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: May 14, 2013, 01:24:33 PM »

I finally started BioShock Infinite. My first impressions were Shocked this is really pretty which then turned to Yawn another, typical FPS.

Pretty much, and I'm only 4 hours in. My eyes probably dilated when I first saw Columbia, and I thought it's a shame the environment isn't put to better use.
barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2994 on: May 15, 2013, 01:46:19 AM »

Yeah, you spend a lot of time running around shooting people and zipping along really fast on those rails. You don't get a lot of opportunities to appreciate the environment that you're in. I thought it was a pretty solid FPS, and it definitely had one of the more interesting storylines for the genre, but it wasn't what I'd hoped it would be.

bitserum
« Reply #2995 on: May 15, 2013, 01:56:31 AM »

Started TellTale's The Walking Dead. Currently finishing the 3rd episode. I haven't been this hooked to a game in a very, very long time.
ink.inc
« Reply #2996 on: May 15, 2013, 05:48:17 AM »

fire emblem 3ds

enjoyed it at first, but didn't like how you could summon enemies to grind on in the world map, thus making story missions pretty much trivial. currently finding the game way too easy; all my characters are gods and i'd say i'm about 2/3rds through the game. haven't had any trouble thus far.

maybe it's different on higher difficulties, but atm it's mindless.
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: May 15, 2013, 08:50:38 AM »

Started TellTale's The Walking Dead. Currently finishing the 3rd episode. I haven't been this hooked to a game in a very, very long time.

Its soooo good.  I do not like the television show and have been reading the comic in issue form since issue 3.  Yup, I need to roll those individual issues sometime soon at a show or online.

Thumbs up, all around on the TellTale team.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
AshfordPride
« Reply #2998 on: May 15, 2013, 10:31:10 AM »

Hey, I'm at the same part myself!  Just got back into it after a long break, but I'm hoping to wrap it up soon myself.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: May 15, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »

Played Guns of Icarus (which is very similar too Air Buccaneers) with 3 friends. The different roles make for good coop but I felt like the game lacked variety. We had fun though.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic