Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:07:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903163 times)
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5240 on: April 09, 2014, 07:49:43 PM »

I'm revisiting Rogue Legacy during my study breaks and I finally beat the four alternate bosses/challenges... My thumbs hurt, but it was lots of fun!

86% Steam Achievements on this game after 32 hours of play time. I'll try to get 100% (it'll be my first hehe)

@C.A. Sinner: I saw my wife playing ESO during the beta tests and the game looked neat. Both me and my wife played WoW for almost 7 years (stopped just before Mists of Pandaria) so we consider ourselves kinda burned out of MMOs. However, the game was interesting. It seemed a bit less themepark-ish than the usual crop of WoW-clones and Korean grindfests, and in the last betas before launch they seemed to fix a lot of the issues I saw like the floaty feeling combat, and many of the gripes the community had, like the lack of collision with enemies/mobs. Those changes make the game feel a lot more like an Elder Scrolls game. She said she's probably going to buy it later. All in all we had a good initial impression with the game. You should probably try it out! The free month that comes with the account should be enough to decide if you want to stick for a few months with it Smiley

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5241 on: April 10, 2014, 12:27:53 AM »

I'm playing Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming on Steam and finding it really good, I might even like it better than the first one. Considering the other modes in the first game weren't quite as good, it's nice they focused on making the Hero mode more interesting. Despite being a comedic game I might like the overall plot better than some 'actual' RPGs.

The soundtrack of the game is pretty unreal with many famous composers contributing, and it's a shame they aren't selling it anywhere (that I know of).

I recommend all RPG fans to pick it up, in fact you can get both games in the series for less than the price of the 2nd game if you buy the $3.50 tier of the bundle here and install the first on Steam before buying the 2nd. At that price point you're pretty much obligated to get it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:37:46 AM by SundownKid » Logged

Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: April 10, 2014, 03:23:18 AM »

Been spending too much time playing Infinity Wars. A TCG with unique battle system and good amount of depth and strategy. Prepare for mind games in every games you play. It's good F2P too, even without paying any money you can still build lots of decks. There's lots of ways to earn cards and there's trading between players too. Still in beta though so there are bugs here and there.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 03:29:58 AM by Randomasta » Logged
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: April 10, 2014, 05:28:10 AM »

how is it

(im actually sort of intersted because it looks a little different from normal MMOs)

it seem like they really tried to emulated the single-player games as much as possible and i think they come closer to doing that than any other mmo i can recall. obviously the combat isn't as fluid as the sp games but it is still engaging. i haven't seen any explicit kill quest and have even been able to sneak past some of the combat using regular crouch and looting disguises. the game also fully voiced.

it's a real pretty gam that has some of the charm of the original titles but is dumbed down in pretty much every aspect including exploration. idk, it's probably unfair to compare it to much to say skyrim. still i enjoy it quite a bit and i try just about every new major mmo.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:33:27 AM by Mono » Logged

Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: April 10, 2014, 11:29:27 PM »

Got Spelunky for cheap yesterday. The level of polish really blew my mind, so I bought a second version as a gift for my sister. I kinda expected little change from the freeware version... was really surprised as how big the difference was.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: April 11, 2014, 04:14:21 AM »

@keops and mono: thanks, sounds interesting but not like i need it right now.

also to reiterate, age of wonders 3 is very very good
jiitype
« Reply #5246 on: April 11, 2014, 06:16:12 AM »

Started playing Demon's Souls again, didn't finish it last time so I started a new game. Cool game but still hate how you can't progress without tutorials and how slow it feels sometimes. I guess I'm not just hardcore enough for Souls games.
VoytekPavlik
Level 0

Freelance Music & Sound Production

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5247 on: April 11, 2014, 02:58:56 PM »

Damn, everyone is playing such game I haven't heard before.

My olde time gamer experience, skills and movements, though I was born in 1987, most recently I am playing Contract Wars...on Facebook.
And also games such as TinyTower on my mobile, as well as TriggerFirst.

Find me when u see GrosseMare username.

My Music Portfolio:

Freelance Music Production for Games

Where my music is featured:

Metal Venture
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5248 on: April 12, 2014, 10:17:12 PM »

Managed to get a few good Wii games for cheap awhile ago. Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Story. MPT is great, of course. It's really interesting to see the graphical leap between the first and third, despite the Wii not being graphically strong at all. Got stuck in the first game before I could get the Ice Beam (I'm assuming), so I ended up jumping to a little bit of the third. I don't want to get a walkthrough, but I think I explored all available areas, so Crazy.

Xenoblade's interesting, though I haven't gotten far in it still. I didn't care for it or Last Story very much before, though I thought they were pretty fun overall.

Last Story has grown on me considerably, though - the combat is done very interestingly. You don't attack directly by pressing buttons (though there is a mode for that, if I recall) - you just move toward the enemies and press a button to block or dodge, aim and shoot, etc. It's really pretty fun.

The story's kind of the basic "I need to protect the girl, oh what, I didn't know you were a princess" kind of fare so far, but it's okay right now. Both LS, Xenoblade, and Pandora's Tower all have British(?) voice casts, which is kinda odd, but they all are effective and sound cool, which is great.

Xenoblade's combat is something like Last Story's but it's less action-y and more standard turn-based MMO-ish - the combat's slower overall, and the skills are more selection-heavy. I haven't gotten too far into this, though, so I don't know how it'll turn out.

Pandora's Tower has a unique story, and the gameplay's pretty fun, too. You can jump between towers as you look for treasure and stuff, though your goal is to fight boss monsters at the top of each tower to give their meat (eww) to the hero's girlfriend to consume (ewwwwwww) before she gets eaten up by a disease (which visibly changes her the longer you take to save her).

All in all, some really cool entries.

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:27 AM »

It's really interesting to see the graphical leap between the first and third, despite the Wii not being graphically strong at all. Got stuck in the first game before I could get the Ice Beam (I'm assuming), so I ended up jumping to a little bit of the third. I don't want to get a walkthrough, but I think I explored all available areas, so Crazy.

...I would cheat, much as I hate to do that. I'm trying to remember that spot. MP is definitely the best of the series. Maybe Retro will pick it up again.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5250 on: April 13, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »

Well the first 2 Metroid Prime games are Gamecube games, so they were made for a system even less powerful than the Wii.

I personally wouldn't like to see any more Metroid Prime games, the series reached a good conclusion, but it would be great if they could make a "back to the roots" game that is actually good. Or just another sequel of some kind. Just something that emphasizes the exploration aspect over gimmicks.

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: April 13, 2014, 10:35:13 AM »

Well the first 2 Metroid Prime games are Gamecube games, so they were made for a system even less powerful than the Wii.

I personally wouldn't like to see any more Metroid Prime games, the series reached a good conclusion, but it would be great if they could make a "back to the roots" game that is actually good. Or just another sequel of some kind. Just something that emphasizes the exploration aspect over gimmicks.

I'd like to see what I wanted in the first place - a great 3rd person Metroid with full 3d camera, and more platforming, wall-jumping and the f'ing screw-attack. That said, Zero Mission is my favorite in recent memory, and I hope future hand-held titles don't go the way of 3d just because it's on the 3DS.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5252 on: April 13, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »

Whenever I have the time to play games, it's Towerfall with my friends. What an incredible game.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: April 13, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »

I really liked Prime and would go for another, but I'd also like to see another 2D Metroid. The ending of Fusion never gave me the feeling that the adventure was concluded. Was that it? Was the Galactic Federation's plans to resurrect the Metroids halted? Prime 3 and Super Metroid, by contrast, could have been end points.

I've been playing Dragon's Dogma, and it's really fun. I like the Pawn system, how it works out a bit like Dark Souls as an indirect cooperative system. Each player gets a custom NPC ally, then can hire two more NPCs that other players made. NPCs will "learn" quests and monsters and share their knowledge between players, so you get hints about how to beat monsters or win quests. For example, you'll get warned of ambushes before you encounter them, or an NPC will point out a secret area. It's kind of like the message system in Dark Souls, but a little less cryptic.

The dungeon and world design is great. They took the time to make lots of little nooks and crannies and put healing items or treasure chests in each of them, even on the overworld. The dungeons feel like really simple Zelda dungeons, but the simplicity works well in a game where the crux is on customizing your skills and team.

The only bit that bugs me is that the open world doesn't seem to lend much to the adventure. The game has very few teleport markers that are pre-placed, so you have to manually drop the rest. If you're not careful to carry them when going someplace far away, the end result is a tremendous amount of tedious backtracking that doesn't really make the game any more fun. On the other hand, the game does have a speedrun mode accessible directly from the main menu - the open world offers a lot of freedom that would make speedrunning more interesting.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5254 on: April 13, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »

The new Shadow Warrior.
A little goes a long way for me.

juan
Level 0

I need scissors! 61!

View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: April 13, 2014, 07:09:32 PM »

Metroid Prime games were good, but we all know that a good 2d metroid is what we all want.
They released Fusion on the Wii U which is kinda dumb because if I'm gonna play a portable game I wanna play it on my portable console.

i promise i'm making a game.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5256 on: April 14, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »

It's really interesting to see the graphical leap between the first and third, despite the Wii not being graphically strong at all. Got stuck in the first game before I could get the Ice Beam (I'm assuming), so I ended up jumping to a little bit of the third. I don't want to get a walkthrough, but I think I explored all available areas, so Crazy.

...I would cheat, much as I hate to do that. I'm trying to remember that spot. MP is definitely the best of the series. Maybe Retro will pick it up again.

Yeah, I ended up cheating, haha. Cheesy

It turned out to just be an area I missed (it wasn't a door; just a hallway that ended away from the starting map cell, so I missed it when I was looking at the map). The puzzles are a bit obtuse in some respects, but the Primes are still good games.

I think I'd like to see more first-person or third-person 3D Metroids, mainly because it's kind of a rare thing nowadays. You have action games, but rarely do you have situations where you have the world open to you like in Metroid, or if it is open, it doesn't really matter where you go in which order. One could say Zelda is a Metroid-like game nowadays, which is kinda true (open world, go where you want, get specific things in order to tackle specific areas / temples, etc).

Anyway, 2D Metroids would be good, too, especially on the 3DS, or in high-definition on the big screen. Either way's fine for me.

I looked up Trauma Team for its OST today, and I thought it'd be cool to play a new one on the Wii U with its added features. I hope they continue with them.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: April 14, 2014, 02:37:01 PM »

Trauma Team is my favorite Wii game period. I'm curious if Atlus would go for another "serious" game like Trauma Team or go back to the wacky sci-fi of the earlier titles.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: April 14, 2014, 06:35:35 PM »

The irony is that metroid prime DOES look better on gc than on wii because teh wii version is a straight port using mp3 engine which does not have some effects!

I have both version, the gc version is amazing in mood! the wii version feel plastic-y

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5259 on: April 15, 2014, 06:07:59 AM »

I find it amazing how well Metroid Prime really feels like a Metroid game despite being in first person. I had the same sense of isolation, surprise and exploration that I had when I played Super Metroid. Shows how well Retro understood the essence of the series (unlike a lot of other series out there that completely changed when went for 3D).

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic