Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:14:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902458 times)
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5280 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:44 PM »

I finished DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold today (normal ending; still hunting down secret rooms to get to the dreamplane). Can't overstate how good this game is. The craftsmanship that went into it really is incredible.

I started playing the original DROD (King Dugan's Dungeon), and so far haven't been as enamored with it. Most of the charm that gives the sequel its heart and soul is missing. The puzzles are decent, though there seem to be a lot more time-wasters - hopefully they'll get meatier as I get to later levels. Tempted to just skip this one and go for The City Beneath next.

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5281 on: April 24, 2014, 04:51:06 AM »

Metal Gear Solid 2. I'm having a weird relationship with this game, I can see a lot of flaws in it but I can't stop playing it. The story is so ridiculous and over the top and the game keeps bringing surprising new elements, I just want to see what the hell is coming up next.

Still, the controls, the camera and the gameplay in general are bad. Today we have some standards in action games and MGS2 was made before these standards were defined. It fells like a PS1 game with a tackled in first person mode because nobody knew how to make a good aiming mechanic in a 3D game that wasn't in first person (this was some years before Resident Evil 4 mind you and even before Halo so the first person aiming is also kinda weird...). In general, it feels clumsy.

And yet, I want to know what's the next crazy thing that Kojima is gonna throw at me!

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5282 on: April 24, 2014, 12:39:29 PM »

I'm playing Hearthstone during breaks from dev/study. I like it a lot so far, love how you can play a couple of matches and still have lots of fun, but it seems that depth will keep me entertained for a long time, and I think that Blizz will keep the content flowing so this game can be pretty much endless. I think this will be a BIG game for Blizzard.

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5283 on: April 24, 2014, 07:28:10 PM »

It already is Tongue

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
JWK5
« Reply #5284 on: April 24, 2014, 08:26:14 PM »

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

I wish they'd make a new Ogre Battle game already...
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: April 25, 2014, 03:06:37 AM »

There's Ogre Battle 64, and the Tactics Ogre games. But perhaps you already played those and want a new, new game.

Picked up Crusader of Centy for the Genesis. It really feels like an early Genesis game - lots of maps just have crates and grass scattered around like the devs had extra space and just filled it up with whatever they had on hand. The way your animal companions hover behind you is just sort of silly, though it's fun to mix and match them for different special abilities.

The animation is gorgeous, though. The boss on top of the tower of babel has such smooth movements.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: April 25, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »

I'm replaying Chibi Robo: Park Patrol for the DS. Shit this game is fun. The style and theme of the game is done so well, and everything is fun and satisfying to do. My only gripes are with Chibi's extremely short battery life, ensuring you're not outside for any longer than 3 minutes, and that ridiculous boombox 'minigame'.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5287 on: April 25, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »

^ That reminds me to check out the 3DS version. I wonder how it did / how it is. I liked and owned the original GC one.

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5288 on: April 26, 2014, 04:59:55 AM »

Just picked up Skullgirls and BlazBlue off of Steam Sales this week. So yeah. Back in fighting game spirit!

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: April 26, 2014, 05:20:48 AM »

I only ever played Park Patrol, but after replaying it, I'm intersted in playing the original and the new one on 3DS. I like the fact that each game in the series is similar, but still widely different.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: April 26, 2014, 12:36:27 PM »

Been playing a fair amount of Shinobi III. Loving it of course Smiley

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: April 27, 2014, 01:14:23 AM »

Shinobi 3 is my fave ninja game ever. Its well balanced and can be enjoyed by average person. Its sad that greedy indie people got only "hard and broken" mantra from old games.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: April 27, 2014, 06:59:53 AM »

that fuckin spike level cant be enjoyed by an average person
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: April 27, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »

Mibibli's Quest and it is fucking great.  It's like MegaMan crossed with Space Funeral crossed with Frog Fractions. 
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5294 on: April 27, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »

I tried a few free to play Steam games recently

Tactical Intervention
If you've been following the history of this game like I have, you could have built up some pretty high expectation for this title.
Unfortunately almost everything about this game is laughable.
I actually somewhat enjoyed it purely in a "it's so bad it's funny" kind of way

Acheblade
Typical anime hack and slash except you get to die heaps because it's against human players
Really over the top sexual objectification
Full of stupid particle effects and numbers everywhere, too chaotic to enjoy IMO

Ghost Recon: Phantoms
This would actually be a really quality shooter for a free game if it didn't have all those stupid over-powered sci-fi gadget/perks.
One of them enables you to block all incoming bullets for about 1 minute while still being able to shoot out.
Another one makes you completely invisible for an incredibly long time, even while shooting...
Still, this game, unlike the others I tried, is worth trying, has some cool mechanics and top notch level design

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:03:02 PM by Mittens » Logged

juan
Level 0

I need scissors! 61!

View Profile
« Reply #5295 on: April 28, 2014, 02:01:04 AM »

that fuckin spike level cant be enjoyed by an average person
superb comment

i promise i'm making a game.
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: April 28, 2014, 08:47:29 AM »

Witcher 2. Feels like playing God of War.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5297 on: April 28, 2014, 11:37:28 AM »

I tried a few free to play Steam games recently

Pretty much what I did and found too. Archblade (LOL at your misspelling) was kinda clunky and weird; still can't get into it. And the women's outfits are pretty ridiculous.

Also tried Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, and it's okay. I'm not a big fan of point-and-click Diablo likes, but it's fun enough, I suppose.

I've been playing Bastion, and it's a lot of fun. The combat's pretty tight - I love deflecting projectiles with the shield.

Also been playing Dust and Hammerwatch - two great games. Dust's combat is excellent, and Hammerwatch is some old-school fun, though I never got past the first level. It seems like it's reaaaaally long or something...?

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: April 28, 2014, 09:20:19 PM »

Just bought Don't Starve, can't wait to play it in the morning!  Tears of Joy

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: April 28, 2014, 10:34:19 PM »

Then get ready to play on of the best games of the decade!

Tactical Intervention
If you've been following the history of this game like I have, you could have built up some pretty high expectation for this title.
Unfortunately almost everything about this game is laughable.
I actually somewhat enjoyed it purely in a "it's so bad it's funny" kind of way
I tried it today. I don't think it's too bad, but it has a very Call of Duty feel to its gunplay and the maps are a total mess.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic