Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:15:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903334 times)
bitserum
« Reply #5720 on: July 24, 2014, 10:43:11 AM »

I'm replaying Fallout1, researching its dialogs. That Shady Sands town is as generic as generic gets at first, but it gets better quickly after that, I also quickly spiraled into playing an evil character after I accidentally killed Killian.

I also tried Sword & Sworcery expecting I would love it, but ended up deleting it after barely 20 minutes of play.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5721 on: July 24, 2014, 12:20:32 PM »

2. combat requires you to press a button way too many times! let there be a button that allows me to stack an action  to the max instead of having me press A/right 6-12 times (per character)! it's really stupid that there isn't one!!!!

At least Brave and Default have shortcuts (L and R). Wish there could be more though

3. plot is garbage!!! why even bother including it? do yourself a favor square and just copy etrian odyssey's (aka dont have a plot) until you hire some decent goddamn writers.

I thought it was ok for a while but it gradually revealed that there wasn't really any coherence at all, just meandering from place to place. I hear it gets better toward the end, and then much, much, much worse.

As for me, I've been playing a bit of Firefall, apparently on Steam now, which is mindless fun but shows the MMO seams a bit too soon.

Also Kirby: Triple Deluxe, which is just joyous. Fun, great to look at, fairly creative with mechanics and setpieces. Sure it's kinda easy, but it's intended for kids. And the fighting minigame that is basically Kirby Smash Bros is great fun, and apparently going standalone soon.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5722 on: July 24, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »

I like that there's an evil capitalist boss and an evil PUA boss

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: July 24, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »

The Puzzle-a-day feature in Layton and Miracle Mask is getting way more of my time than the main game. The main game is good, but man I've been jonsing for something with a huge variety of logic puzzles that aren't sudoku and this is that, plus gorgeous GUI plus neat unlockable furniture. This is quite possibly the most perfectly satisfying game I've played.

Super disappointed this isn't listed as a feature in Azran Legacy.
gamerzap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: July 25, 2014, 07:19:36 AM »

I finally got Von Bolt and I've been going through the war room in Advance Wars Dual Strike.  Even though it's relatively old now, it's still my favorite strategy game.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: July 25, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »

Started playing beyond 2 souls last night.

I quite like it so far. There I said it  Cool

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: July 25, 2014, 08:01:34 AM »

After beating A Link Between Worlds and unlocking hero mode I jumped right into a hero mode, 3 heart run (using no fairies, weapon or armour upgrades). Loving the challenge. I've beaten all of the dungeons and am currently trying to beat Ganon. The fight is tough as dicks, considering every one of his attacks is a 1HKO for me.

Also, a word for the streetpass feature in the game. It's fucking fantastic. Basically if you streetpass someone you get a shadow version of their character that you have to fight. You're just fighting against an AI, but it's really good AI, so much so that at first I had to do a double take because I thought I was playing multiplayer. It's so much fun, I just wish I didn't have to streetpass just to fight the AI.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: July 26, 2014, 12:04:01 AM »

^ Yeah the streetpass battles were one of the highest points in that game for me. I don't know how AI can be that fun to play against, and trying to do the challenges, even the simpler ones like beating the enemy with a certain weapon is fun. It sucks needing to streetpass with someone who has made a Link, but it's great otherwise

Playing Sokobond which is a chemistry linking game like SpaceChem, but it's simple to toy around with despite the later puzzles being very difficult still.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: July 26, 2014, 06:43:30 AM »

Also started playing Viscera Cleanup Detail. Hooo boy this game is fun. It's basically a cleaning simulator, but it's made in such a way that every action feels very satisfying. Loading up bins with gibs, incinerating scraps, stacking buckets, using lanterns, restocking medpacks, mopping up huge messes, etc. As an organised person who enjoys cleaning and organising things in real life, I'm in love with this game, and I think it's so impressive because there's really never been a game like it.

It's also a really good game for zoning out and listening to music or a podcast while you play. I typically like to have something to do while I'm listening to stuff, but it's hard to find games that aren't too involved for mindless play. Usually I play games like Animal Crossing, Minecraft, Transformice, etc when I'm listening to stuff, but I think VCD will be my new favourite.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: July 26, 2014, 08:10:15 AM »

The dilemma with VCD is that the small number of levels get repetitive after a while. I also really hated how giblits come out of the bucket and bin machines, setting you back at no fault of your own. It's also obnoxious when you're trying to find a tiny black smudge on the background when you think you've gotten everything.

It'd be way more fun if it wasn't so fussy about the controls, perhaps.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5730 on: July 26, 2014, 09:34:57 AM »

Yeah that's definitely an issue, but the physics of putting one object inside another is insanely difficult to have work in any physics engine so I'd say it works reasonably well. Movement is a bit finicky too. I feel like the game might actually play better if it was built on the Source engine.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: July 26, 2014, 01:15:12 PM »

yo i beat metroid fusion. twas good but the further i got the game became more and more linear. that is not necessarily a bad thing but some parts were way too frustrating. i didn't really like the narrative either. onto super metroid now i guess.

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: July 27, 2014, 10:03:22 AM »

Ugh, bored without my 360. I need to pick up some more cheapo indie games (that I can run). Last thing I got was Planetscape Torment but I don't care to play it for long stretches, nor often.

Anyone tried Gunpoint?
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5733 on: July 27, 2014, 01:06:04 PM »

Gunpoint is great and short.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5734 on: July 27, 2014, 07:28:16 PM »

I thought I'd seen pretty much all that the alpha of Crypt of the NecroDancer had to offer, but I just beat hardcore mode and unlocked 3 additional characters... They change the game COMPLETELY. Each has their own drastically different mechanic and separate leaderboards. Looks like there'll be loads more coming at full release in a few days. Can't wait! This is the top contender for my game of the year right now.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: July 27, 2014, 07:53:01 PM »

playing a LOT of ultra street fighter 4 lately

still sticking with makoto

ink.inc
« Reply #5736 on: July 27, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »

what the FUCK is bravely defaults problem with making you go all the way across the world to do a cutscene, then have you go ALL THE WAY BACK to do another cutscene, THEN ALL THE WAY BACK AGAIN TO VIEW ANOTHER DUMB CUTSCENE

I DONT GIVE A SHIT AOBTU ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS JUST LET ME EXPLOiT YOUR JOB SYSTEM IN PEACE
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:43:21 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: July 27, 2014, 11:26:34 PM »

Getting dumb character exposition instead of action? Seems like the best animu game.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: July 27, 2014, 11:47:23 PM »

what the FUCK is bravely defaults problem with making you go all the way across the world to do a cutscene, then have you go ALL THE WAY BACK to do another cutscene, THEN ALL THE WAY BACK AGAIN TO VIEW ANOTHER DUMB CUTSCENE

I DONT GIVE A SHIT AOBTU ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS JUST LET ME EXPLOiT YOUR JOB SYSTEM IN PEACE

haha yeah thats why i only play "story light" jrpgs like dragon quest or ys these days when i do play one.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: July 28, 2014, 02:55:38 AM »

John what have we discussed about you and JRPGs

I played a really awful SNES RPG called "Dual Orb 2" that was even worse about this, where you could accidentally wander into the hut of the village mystic and start an unskippable cutscene that ends up with you being teleported one-way to the bottom of the next plot-necessary cave whether or not you had a chance to buy supplies or rest at the inn first. I also lost a lot of really good armor to party members who equip it then leave suddenly and permanently after a difficult boss battle.

It was a pretty awful game all around and the fact that it wasn't officially localized for the US was a good decision on the part of everyone involved.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic