Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:16:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902379 times)
Ky.
Level 0

Programmer & Web Slinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5740 on: July 28, 2014, 08:17:52 AM »

Finished playing Destiny on PS4 yesterday.

Debating whether I should buy it or not when it comes out. Not that im on the fence, I'm sold, but i have a feeling it's going to force me to delay all of my projects until im sick of it..

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5741 on: July 28, 2014, 08:26:12 AM »

Currently playing Strife beta. Quite fun

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: July 28, 2014, 09:49:45 AM »

Seems like someone took the base idea of this brilliant genre-mix: http://www.squidi.net/three/entry.php?id=175

And this is the game Sokoboros made with PuzzleScript: http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=d210a5248fa713153950

You control a snake moving around an open world eating apples to increase your size. Gates to new rooms can only be reached if a number of switches has a body part over it. You have to strategize what order and how you tackle rooms so that you can get as many apples as possible to hit all the switches in the rooms.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: July 28, 2014, 12:36:38 PM »

earthbound and i'm in fourside right now Smiley

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: July 28, 2014, 01:16:04 PM »

More Dust:AET.

This game has some questionable design choices, but what stands out to me the most is the decision to link both the attack and block commands to the same button on the controller. In most fights, you can just mash that attack button until things are dead. There's no need to even think about blocking, because the game will just interpret one of your attacks as a block anyway as soon as you have an opportunity to block something. Still, I'm having a decent amount of fun with it. After a long day at work, there is a certain appeal to brainless slaughter in a furry fantasy world.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5745 on: July 28, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »

^ Yeah, that might be a failure on the design's part, since it enables spamming, which is something that the design of the game works to overcome (with guarding, counters, and different moves and skills). Really nice game, nonetheless.

I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U. I got it back when I first got my system, and didn't really like it that much. I picked it up just yesterday or so, and had a ton of fun with it. It picks up a lot when you get to monsters that are genuinely hard to take down (just a couple of hours in, honestly). I died once each on the Lagiacrus-appearance mission and the Great Jaggi missions. Trying out the different weapons to find one you like is fun, too - they all behave pretty differently overall.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: July 28, 2014, 04:42:59 PM »

I got completely bored with Dust after playing for a few hours with almost zero change in environment/setting.
jtfjtfjtf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: July 29, 2014, 03:07:32 AM »

I'm currently playing cyclomaniacs 2. Pretty fun for a browser based flash game. I'm also playing Wolf Among Us again. My first playthrough I was considerate/nice but this time i'm being a jerk.

bitserum
« Reply #5748 on: July 29, 2014, 03:46:51 AM »

Am totally hooked to Dangerous Adventure. It's really, really good for a casual flash game, though it has some major memory issues if played too long at once.
Ky.
Level 0

Programmer & Web Slinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5749 on: July 29, 2014, 08:48:05 AM »

Thinking about picking up where I left off on Pixeljunk Shooter when I get home today, but I also have to finish Castle Crashers at some point... also Mercenary Kings needs some more love from me.. and not to mention Resogun needs to be finished............

XgamerrX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: July 29, 2014, 10:36:19 AM »

Console: Xbox 360-Halo 4 PS3- Injustice Gods Among Us Nintendo 3DS- Pokemon X
Mobile: Rival Knights, New Star Soccer, Toki's Magic Wand, Castle Doombad, Roof Top Run, Sky Force
TautNerve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5751 on: July 29, 2014, 11:25:37 AM »

Kero blaster

Let's tweet together:
@TautNerve
Play my games here:
Itch.io page
BluishGreenPro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5752 on: July 30, 2014, 01:10:01 PM »

Finally finished Last of Us on PS3 and BioShock Infinite on Steam
Still getting the last few stars in Super Mario 3D World

Don't have as much time to play as I used to, now it's mostly developing my own games

Robo's World: The Zarnok Fortress
High Concept; Mega Man cross Majora's Mask
Uykered
« Reply #5753 on: July 31, 2014, 04:39:19 AM »

Started playing Crypt of the Necrodancer, but ended up ordering a precision dance pad because it felt like the game was designed for it. I've never used one before though, so hopefully it's worth it.
ink.inc
« Reply #5754 on: July 31, 2014, 10:24:20 PM »

stopped before the 4rth tower in bravely default

got 2 boring
Uykered
« Reply #5755 on: August 01, 2014, 01:01:10 AM »

got 2 boring
Ya, that game was really overhyped. I had to stop after a few hours, I was hoping it would get good. I love most of the FF games, but BD was terrible, aside from the production quality.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: August 01, 2014, 06:12:14 AM »

Strider is actually really fun, especially when you get used to using all the moves and combos and using all of them in conjunction and in the right places quickly to get past the tougher bits
ink.inc
« Reply #5757 on: August 01, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »

got 2 boring
Ya, that game was really overhyped. I had to stop after a few hours, I was hoping it would get good. I love most of the FF games, but BD was terrible, aside from the production quality.

its a bunch of meandering, point a to point b bullshit
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: August 01, 2014, 04:43:39 PM »

john sandoval playing bravely default (day 1): "this game is the best game ever made"

me: "youll say it's garbage in a week"

one week later

john sandoval: "this game is shit"

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5759 on: August 02, 2014, 01:21:25 AM »

Just finished 'The Fall'.
Very short (4 hours) but definitively worth it!
Great game, great end!  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic