Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:10:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903128 times)
TautNerve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5800 on: August 15, 2014, 01:17:11 PM »

Playing Shadow of the Colossus again until something catches my interest

Also recently finished Kero Blaster and it was fun

Let's tweet together:
@TautNerve
Play my games here:
Itch.io page
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: August 15, 2014, 02:58:12 PM »

Rayman 2 still looks pretty great.

Fucking A. The way they made the most of the low polygon count by integrating it into the artstyle is utterly superb.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5802 on: August 15, 2014, 06:33:21 PM »

Started playing D/Generation. I quite like it. It's a welcome challenge. The only problem I have is using "Home" "End" "PgUp" and "PgDn" to move diagonally. Those keys are nowhere near each other on my keyboard. Oh well.

majormel84
Level 0

holy shit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5803 on: August 17, 2014, 08:50:57 PM »

I've been frequently playing Marvel vs Capcom 1. Game is broken as fuck but I still enjoy it to this day.

W H Y   M E
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: August 17, 2014, 10:11:23 PM »

A hell of a lot of Path of Exile.

You could say it is in preparation for the expansion that's about to hit the game in a few days, but I honestly just enjoy playing it. They've changed so many things about the summoner build since the beta days, it's a completely different experience now. You can animate equipment, make corpse offerings for minion boosts, teleport and heal minions... I'm aiming to beat Hardcore Merciless with this character and it has been a super fun ride so far.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5805 on: August 17, 2014, 10:38:11 PM »

I've been playing some Pokemon X. I like Wonder Trading.

And lots of typeracer, ahh!
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: August 20, 2014, 07:52:25 PM »

I got 2 new 3DS games: Luigi's Mansion 2 and Pilotwings Resort.

Luigi's Mansion is great. There's just so much character to everything: The animations, the art style, the mansions, the ghosts, the music, etc. Lots of fun to play.

Pilotwings Resort is also very fun to play. I was in awe during the trial flight at the beginning of the game. I was so captivated by just flying around the island and realising how much there is to explore. Unfortunately after the beginning free flight mode is capped with a time limit of just 2 minutes. This is the one thing that's keeping the game from being great, instead of just good. All of the vehicles are so much fun to fly I just wish I was free to use them at my leisure. Also playing Pilotwings makes me realise just how few games there are like it. I didn't realise I wanted to just fly around a level in a plane until playing this game. I think now I'll have to go back and play the 64 version to see what it's like.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: August 21, 2014, 02:56:40 AM »

Freeflight mode is a lot more gamey in the new one. You can extend the limit up to five minutes by collecting balloons, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get it any higher than that. I'm not sure why they didn't make unlimited time an unlockable once you collect all the items in freeflight mode.

If you've never played the N64 version you should - the levels are far more varied and have tons of tiny easter eggs to discover. The mechanics are tighter in the 3DS version, though, so both games are fun to play for slightly different reasons.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: August 21, 2014, 03:25:49 AM »

problem with pilotwings 64 is that the graphics haven't aged too well so that diminishes the sightseeing aspect a bit.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: August 21, 2014, 06:13:52 AM »

Yeah I went back to play the 64 version but it didn't really grab me like the 3DS version did. Like C.A. says the sightseeing aspect of exploring the island is greatly diminished, which is the reason I fell in love with the island in the 3DS version. Also like you say SirNiko the controls are just too cumbersome compared to the tightness of Resort.

Anyway I've unlocked a bit more time in free flight by popping balloons which is nice, but the fact that there even is a time limit is still so disappointing. I'm finding myself going into missions that don't have a strict time limit just so that I can ignore the goals and fly around at my leisure. But really now that I've explored the island and done all of the missions, I just want more. I think I'll have a crack at making my own game in the same style, because there's just so many unexplored possibilities when it comes to exploration via flight, and if done well it's just so damn fun to play.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:22:02 AM by Praying Mantis » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: August 21, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »

I still prefer the analog feel and physicality of the snes pilotwing, when I played teh 64 one version it felt so mechanical by contrast Sad
but Maybe it's a f zero situation snes and n64 versions are just their own things and I learn to like the amazing new things they put in the sequel.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: August 21, 2014, 12:25:05 PM »

the snes pilotwings was fucking annoying to play tbh

edit: it had the best music tho
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:30:15 PM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 21, 2014, 06:16:46 PM »

1001 Spikes is harder than I expected. Pretty stellar I must say. Also playing some Planetscape Torment here and there.

Looks like Lords of the Fallen is shaping up well for a DS rip-off -

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5813 on: August 21, 2014, 07:11:53 PM »

Should I get EO4 while it's on sale

Also I've been playing Monhun 3U and it's damn good and I'm super late but do not care

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: August 21, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »

Also I've been playing Monhun 3U and it's damn good and I'm super late but do not care

I got back into it for a while at the start of the summer. Online servers were still pretty active so I went and hunted me a Dire Miralis for the first time and then proceeded to make armor from its organs. After that, there wasn't much else to do. Can't wait for MH4 though.

ink.inc
« Reply #5815 on: August 21, 2014, 07:46:49 PM »

Should I get EO4 while it's on sale

yes its good

the only jrpg i've finished in ages
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 22, 2014, 01:48:28 AM »

wait, 3ds eshop has games like that on sale where you live? here in europe the only things that are ever on sale are, like, ports of mobile games that were overpriced to begin with lol
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: August 22, 2014, 04:34:49 AM »

My 3DS has been broken for two weeks now so I can't play any 3ds gams. I am experiencing serious Monster Hunter withdrawal.

Unrelated: Me and my buddies played Galaxy Trucker last night and it is the funniest board game I've played so far. A++, would highly recommend, probably going to buy the anniversary edition later this year.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5818 on: August 22, 2014, 06:47:43 AM »

I am still just playing Dota because the world refuses to produce anything that is relevant to my interests.

One day the games I grew up with will become the new nostalgia-retro-crap and then I'll have all the banjokazooie, mario64, ocarinia of time knock-offs I could dream of!
Soooon.. sooon.

I can't wait for this whole platformer thing to go away... again

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: August 22, 2014, 07:03:23 AM »

Unrelated: Me and my buddies played Galaxy Trucker last night and it is the funniest board game I've played so far. A++, would highly recommend, probably going to buy the anniversary edition later this year.

agreed, galaxy trucker owns. have you played space alert by the same designer?
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic