Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:27:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894135 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5840 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »

I stopped playign inquisitor for now becausde i got fucking stuck. cant progress further down the mine and managed to kill all non respawning mobs on nearly every fucking wehre and nothing happens, i cant even deal with the vampire priest. for the combat you really need to have your party full to get anywhere at all. on your own, dealing with just a stronger zombie is an impossible task. then genie summon dude helps fuck tons with nearly all bosses.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: August 27, 2014, 03:45:56 AM »

for the combat you really need to have your party full to get anywhere at all.

yeah i realized that haha

anyway, metal slug defense is a good example of a basically decent game hampered by f2p mechanics. the only way to unlock a lot of the better units is with "medals" which you can either get by paying money or winning some very pay2win pvp duels. at least it looks way prettier than those defense games usually do.
CesarD8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: August 28, 2014, 01:29:34 PM »

Right now I'm trying to finish Dark Souls 2 in order to access the 2 DLC's, and at my free hours at work I play things like Rogue Legacy, or FTL or Reus. Also, I'm trying to understand how to play Crusaders Kings II, it's soooo damn complicated, but that Game of Thrones Mod keeps me motivated.

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5843 on: August 29, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »

Finally got Rogue Spear working, which makes me very happy.
Also tried out Arma II and WOW is that game buggy.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5844 on: August 29, 2014, 11:41:07 PM »

Super Time Force Ultra on Steam. It's good.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: August 30, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »

i always enjoyed doom 2 much btter than doom 1 or quake. the larger city levels are a bit more tedious, but the tightness of the first 10 levels or so is amazing.

Me too the first 10 and the last 10 levels are some of the best levels I've ever played. The city levels are relatively tedious but they aren't necessarily bad.. Just worse.

I've noticed that a lot of my favorite levels were designed by Sandy Petersen

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: August 30, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »

I've pretty much been playing Path of Exile nonstop since the patch hit. I lost a hardcore summoner at level 68 but I made a new character and I'm progressing extremely fast with the items I picked up on the last one.

Also, I'm a shameless hoarder. Saving every single rare item I pick up. When I run out of stash space, I purchase more. This cycle will only end once I have a tab for even the most obscure categories of items like "level 21-30 onehanded maces".

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: August 31, 2014, 01:59:33 AM »

transport tycoon is 3hardcore5me. train networks are destroying my brain. rip.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5848 on: August 31, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »

Sinuses are destroying my brains this weekend. Got back to super casual gear. Time to revisit Bejeweled, Brogue, Famaze, and oddly enough, Minesweeper.

I fired up Bookworm Adventures 2 Deluxe, and even THAT was jagging my mind. Distory'd.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: September 01, 2014, 08:21:11 AM »

Puzzle & Dragons is a legitimately good game
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5850 on: September 01, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »

BAM!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: September 01, 2014, 04:45:21 PM »

PAD is just so much better than every other match 3 rpg ive played. I like that the match 3 board is more like a "hand of cards" than a challenge in itself and the focus is on maximizing damage output. It makes the stats actually matter.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: September 01, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »

If they got you, they got anyone

Conker534
« Reply #5853 on: September 01, 2014, 09:37:41 PM »

I recently picked up Fire Emblem Awakening, and I've got say I haven't had this much fun with a tactic game since Advanced Wars. I'm really enjoying this game. Its my first game into the series and I think I'll have to buy some of the older ones once I finish this one.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5854 on: September 02, 2014, 06:50:22 AM »

Playing Azure Striker Gunvolt, Inafune's new game. Yep, it's pretty much Mega Man Zero with some slightly different mechanics.

Kinda fun but nothing really special :/

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: September 02, 2014, 09:22:34 PM »

I'm also playing Azure Striker Gunvolt. I like it a lot, but somehow the shooting is a bit... unsatisfying. It's good and I'm glad I bought it, but my hype won't be met until MN9 releases, I guess. Mighty Gunvolt is also pretty cool! It's probably my favorite of the two.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:42:41 PM by [RM8] » Logged
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5856 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:58 AM »

Anyone else tried GoD Factory: Wingmen?

I think it's super neat, and a shame it's PvP only. Games like these usually die within months.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: September 04, 2014, 03:17:50 AM »

I play so many games these days that it's a rare enough thing when one really grabs me. I've been grinding through my Steam backlog and it's surprising just how few games utilise the golden rule: "Hook the player within the first ~15 minutes". It's so uncommon that I play a game where I am immediately drawn in and the mechanics instantly click. I played Roguelight and Monaco, two great games that did just that.

Roguelight is just about a perfect game in my eyes. Simple controls and mechanics that all work in unison and play off of one another. Shooting a lantern rewards you with light and coins, but costs you an arrow, however a skilled player will learn how to make the most out of their arrows by scouting ahead a bit, then coming back and lighting the lantern when the arrow has almost burnt out, or they might light multiple lanterns with one arrow, or make the arrow bounce into an enemy. Every mechanic is simple in its behaviour, but has a deep well of possibilities that can allow for different strategies and higher-level play. Awesome game.

Monaco is probably now my favourite stealth game, I've been playing through it by myself and been having a blast. Each stage is well balanced for every character's special strength. Sometimes there pieces of gold that are easier to collect if you're playing as a certain character, but that character isn't required to get them. This is great because no character has a greater advantage over any other, just a different playstyle. I really like how the AI and detection works too. You're never directly penalised for being spotted, and every encounter can be evaded if you've got some moxy. It's such a refreshing change from other stealth games in which you pretty much have to reload your save or hide for 5 minutes when you get spotted. Monaco is easily one of my favourite co-op games simply because it allows you to really co-ordinate with the other players, especially when you're trying to clear all the gold in a level. The only problem I have with the game is that it can be pretty unreadable if you're playing on a TV. There often isn't enough clarity or contrast between environmental items, so it can be hard to tell which way someone is facing, if something is a rug that you can walk over or a solid table, what areas are dark, etc.

Also I'll talk about another game I picked up, Shadowcrypt. I would almost say this game is just as great as the ones I talked about above, however I feel like it falls apart because of one simple nuance of the combat. The combat is so close to being really good for a 2D platformer, however I felt like I had a lot of unfair deaths because of how the enemies move. I think there should have been a back-step button, because when you're face-to-face with an enemy and he's approaching you need to move back, however if you move back you no longer have a shield to defend yourself with, and are open to being attacked in the back. This wouldn't be a problem if there was a solid way to stop enemies from advancing. When you're face to face with an enemy, they can move forward, touch and damage you, even though your shield is up. This is especially bad because there is no way to predict it. Unlike the other animations they do not telegraph when they are about to start moving. Due to the nature of the combat you will find yourself right up against an enemy, raising and lowering your shield, trading blows, shield bashing, ducking, stabbing, etc, when suddenly the enemy moves forward and damages you. It's a real shame because everything else about the game is great, but this one tidbit ruins the experience for me.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:26:25 AM by Praying Mantis » Logged
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: September 06, 2014, 03:48:51 PM »

Shadowcrypt...It's a real shame because everything else about the game is great, but this one tidbit ruins the experience for me.

Aren't you able to knock enemies back using the shield? At least that's what I remember from a short clip I watched.

I picked up Roguelight on your recommendation.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: September 07, 2014, 02:34:56 AM »

You are, but the knockback is barely enough to keep them at bay (you have to hit them 10 times consecutively to give yourself about 2 tiles of space). There are shield upgrades that increase your knockback, but you lose them on death. Also there's no way to predict when an enemy is going to move so there isn't much time to react.

How are you finding Roguelight?
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic