Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 04:39:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902150 times)
jtfjtfjtf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: September 07, 2014, 05:28:40 AM »

I've been playing a lot of Kingdom Rush

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: September 07, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »

Skate 2 mainly. The physics are pretty wonky, and I hate that security guard positions don't reset when a challenge is restarted. It's still a lot of fun though.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: September 07, 2014, 02:39:54 PM »

How are you finding Roguelight?

Short and sweet, you can finish it in one sitting easily.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: September 08, 2014, 01:05:05 PM »

Oh man started playing Etrian Odessey 4 2 days ago and I must have played 8 hours or so already. Really liking it. Especially since my last EO was EO1.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: September 10, 2014, 07:12:56 PM »

I tried playing Battleblock Theatre and it is super boring; all style and no substance. The levels might get more interesting/challenging later on but I can't be assed to get there because of how uninteresting the beginning is. The music is pretty great though.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5865 on: September 10, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »

I tried playing Battleblock Theatre and it is super boring; all style and no substance. The levels might get more interesting/challenging later on but I can't be assed to get there because of how uninteresting the beginning is. The music is pretty great though.

Word for word that's exactly how I felt about Stacking.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: September 10, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »

Hah, funny you should say that because I also played Stacking recently and thought the same.
PowRTocH
« Reply #5867 on: September 10, 2014, 10:50:10 PM »

DataJack. It's pretty great. About as good as I was expecting.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: September 11, 2014, 05:51:42 AM »

i gave bioshock infinite another chance and i've softened up on it a little. i still think the story is kinda dum but it's pulling me in despite that because it's very well told and the art direction is great (tho it does have a certain aesthetics wankery aspect to it that also clashes w/ the tone of the story).

the combat is really really awful tho. i don't think i played a game where i *dreaded* the combat sections as much as this one since deadly premonition. it's actually putting a huge damper on my enjoyment of the story sequences where you just walk around, listen to npc conversations and collect audiologs, because i know they're all going to lead up to yet another mindnumbing arena fight against 50 identical bullet sponge enemies.

1999 mode makes things a *little* better but not enough to endure the game's shitty checkpoint placement, so i restarted on normal. game would have been 500 times better if it was just an interactive story game and not a bad shooter.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: September 11, 2014, 06:48:16 AM »

i gave bioshock infinite another chance and i've softened up on it a little. i still think the story is kinda dum but it's pulling me in despite that because it's very well told and the art direction is great (tho it does have a certain aesthetics wankery aspect to it that also clashes w/ the tone of the story).

the combat is really really awful tho. i don't think i played a game where i *dreaded* the combat sections as much as this one since deadly premonition. it's actually putting a huge damper on my enjoyment of the story sequences where you just walk around, listen to npc conversations and collect audiologs, because i know they're all going to lead up to yet another mindnumbing arena fight against 50 identical bullet sponge enemies.

1999 mode makes things a *little* better but not enough to endure the game's shitty checkpoint placement, so i restarted on normal. game would have been 500 times better if it was just an interactive story game and not a bad shooter.
I actually agree, the combat is pretty bad. For me the story and lore aspects of the game were so enjoyable that I powered through it anyway. IMO the best way to play Bioshock Infinite is to just turn the difficulty down to Easy and plow through all the enemies like hot butter. That way you don't even have to think about them, you can just kill everything quickly and then continue to the next story/lore moment.

I did warm up to it after a while and I played through the game twice (once on Easy and then on 1999 mode) which is something I don't usually do with linear story-based games. It drops a couple of bombshells on you towards the end of the game and that makes you want to explore it again equipped with that knowledge.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:57:10 AM by Nillo » Logged

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: September 12, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »

Got Heroes of Loot from Humble Bundle for $0.01.
Not worth the money, uninstalled it by 30 minutes.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5871 on: September 12, 2014, 10:15:49 AM »

I've been playing The Sims 3, of all things. It's one of those games where I hate almost everything about it, but there's just enough I don't hate to make me keep trying. Mostly I just want to build houses. Problem is, the Edit Town mode where you don't have to pay for anything isn't really satisfying, but earning money the normal way is way too slow. Micromanaging the little people who are too dumb to live for themselves isn't great. I think I might like it better if I could collect building materials Minecraft-style, but still have the more refined building options. It'd also be nice if the townsfolk would stop pestering me to hang out and go on dates...

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5872 on: September 12, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »

^ You could make a family of eight adults and give them all jobs to get funds.

@Praying - Have you tried the online multiplayer mode? It's more fun when your messing around with your teammate while attempting to play co-operatively, as well. Playing by yourself might be more boring. The music was pretty great, as I recall.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: September 12, 2014, 11:19:44 AM »

the sims is a great gam and u sound like u want something totally different
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5874 on: September 12, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »

I'm probably being too hard on the game. Some part of my brain just doesn't want to admit to enjoying it for whatever reason. Guilty pleasure.

quisseh
« Reply #5875 on: September 12, 2014, 01:50:51 PM »

I've been playing lots and lots of Mario Kart 8. And I just started Sonic Generations. So far it's one of the better 3D Sonic games I've played.

Also...

Mostly I just want to build houses. Problem is, the Edit Town mode where you don't have to pay for anything isn't really satisfying, but earning money the normal way is way too slow. Micromanaging the little people who are too dumb to live for themselves isn't great. I think I might like it better if I could collect building materials Minecraft-style, but still have the more refined building options. It'd also be nice if the townsfolk would stop pestering me to hang out and go on dates...

My fiancé has the exact same complaints about the game, yet she won't stop playing it. I've been telling her to quit for over a year. XD (Btw, if you haven't already tried them, you might like Terraria or Starbound.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:47:55 PM by quisseh » Logged
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: September 12, 2014, 06:37:36 PM »

A lot of people play the sims just to build houses. My sister and her friends used to cheat a lot just to get enough money to build houses. Also one of the expansions unlocks like an interior designer job where your sim gets paid to renovate other sims houses. You might like that.
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5877 on: September 12, 2014, 11:28:03 PM »

I've been playing The Sims 3, of all things. It's one of those games where I hate almost everything about it, but there's just enough I don't hate to make me keep trying. Mostly I just want to build houses. Problem is, the Edit Town mode where you don't have to pay for anything isn't really satisfying, but earning money the normal way is way too slow. Micromanaging the little people who are too dumb to live for themselves isn't great. I think I might like it better if I could collect building materials Minecraft-style, but still have the more refined building options. It'd also be nice if the townsfolk would stop pestering me to hang out and go on dates...

Probably my most major quibble with the Sims(1-3) is that its economy isn't balanced very well. Spending hours drilling your Sims in skills takes even longer to translate into game currency, and therefore new objects/construction. You have to get to like Job Level 3 before you reach maintenance parity with your starter house and sufficient skill items to progress further, it's really pretty crazy. The Friend requirements for further advancement are a real killer too, though it got a lot better in Sims 3 (still bad).

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5878 on: September 12, 2014, 11:36:39 PM »

i feel like myself and everyone is playing the same thing right now: the smash bros 4 demo on 3DS

at least that's what it seems like from my twitter feed

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5879 on: September 13, 2014, 11:34:51 AM »

the only thing i have been playing for the past few weeks is desert golfing.

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic