Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:26:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903121 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: September 13, 2014, 11:38:01 AM »

i like abyss odyssey a lot. it's basically the janky, surrealist version of rogue legacy. great art direction with some really wacky monster designs (this IS from the zeno clash devs after all), interesting beat em up style combat a lot of neat & quirky ideas. RL is probably the "better designed" game but this one has more heart.
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5881 on: September 13, 2014, 12:06:18 PM »

I've been really surprised by Steve Jackson's Sorcery!
Don't known if I can really call it a game... it's more of a storybook with game elements.
But I like i very much  Grin

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: September 13, 2014, 01:32:34 PM »

Today I felt rift that divides nations.

So Contra Hard Corps was ridiculosly popular at CIS bootleg Sega owners, while in West it is unknown.
At first i thought it is because we had no SNES and Alien Wars had much superior graphics.
When i downloaded Hard Corps on emulator, I found it ridiculously hard.
The problem? We got japanese version, that has 3 hits per life and infinite continues. Thats 6-9 lives.
American version has one-hit kills per 2 lives and 5 continues. Like what

So stupid americans got game over at second level, while we saw that game has branching roots with 4 ending(5th is secret)and silly bosses.
I mean you fight hacker in cyberspace who turns into constelations, giant running mechs, weird simon belmont parody and other silly creatures.
Who decided to make this game unbeatable? It even dosnt count when you set 3 lives, because you start with 2 lives after you continue. Its like removing Konami code, no fun.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: September 13, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »

Castlevania Bloodlines is also good. Same overlooked treasure with weird bosses.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: September 13, 2014, 04:31:27 PM »

Played some Mouse Corp. I'm all partied out. It's a neat game, and the writing is fun.
forwardresent
« Reply #5885 on: September 13, 2014, 07:53:43 PM »

I played a lot of Door Kickers lately. I really like it, top down tactical squad thing, great for burning 10 minutes. Although I've done everything now and have to wait like a month for it to come out of early access.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: September 17, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »

I'm playing the Shadowgate remake. The GBC port was one of my favorite games as a kid and this is pushing sooooo many nostalgia buttons for me. I like that they changed up the puzzles so the old fans can enjoy the gam all over again. I'm not entirely decided on what I think of the new graphics yet and I don't really like the new soundtrack (tho at least the old melodies are buried somewhere under the EPIC FANTASY ORCHESTRA pomp).

Regardless, I'm having a lot of fun with it but for people who didn't play Shadowgate as a kid, there are probably better point&click adventures.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5887 on: September 17, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »

Today I felt rift that divides nations.

So Contra Hard Corps was ridiculosly popular at CIS bootleg Sega owners, while in West it is unknown.
At first i thought it is because we had no SNES and Alien Wars had much superior graphics.
When i downloaded Hard Corps on emulator, I found it ridiculously hard.
The problem? We got japanese version, that has 3 hits per life and infinite continues. Thats 6-9 lives.
American version has one-hit kills per 2 lives and 5 continues. Like what

So stupid americans got game over at second level, while we saw that game has branching roots with 4 ending(5th is secret)and silly bosses.
I mean you fight hacker in cyberspace who turns into constelations, giant running mechs, weird simon belmont parody and other silly creatures.
Who decided to make this game unbeatable? It even dosnt count when you set 3 lives, because you start with 2 lives after you continue. Its like removing Konami code, no fun.
Castlevania Bloodlines is also good. Same overlooked treasure with weird bosses.

The Genesis/Mega Drive has the best 16-bit Contra and Castlevania games IMO.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: September 17, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright was worth the wait. The puzzles make the adventure segments between the courtroom scenes fun to play, and the courtroom scenes are still lots of fun. I like the little touches like changing the save game sounds to match whichever protagonist you're controlling, or how the perspective shifts from the Ace Attorney style of viewing people face on to the Layton-style profile shots during dialogue.

I also started playing a little Katamari Damacy for fun. It's a lot easier to do in small bursts.

Lightning Returns is fun but it's hard to play in short sessions and accomplish something meaningful when I have other obligations in the evening.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: September 17, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »

I played a lot of Door Kickers lately. I really like it, top down tactical squad thing, great for burning 10 minutes. Although I've done everything now and have to wait like a month for it to come out of early access.

That game looks great, and seems to address the inherent problem with those kinds of games really well. I'm looking forward to playing it once it's fully released.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5890 on: September 17, 2014, 11:45:34 PM »

i like abyss odyssey a lot. it's basically the janky, surrealist version of rogue legacy. great art direction with some really wacky monster designs (this IS from the zeno clash devs after all), interesting beat em up style combat a lot of neat & quirky ideas. RL is probably the "better designed" game but this one has more heart.

That sounds super-cool and yet somehow it managed to stay under my radar. Gonna check it out, thanks!

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: September 19, 2014, 04:10:53 AM »

I'm playing Monster Hunter 3U again. It's basically amazing.

Also, I keep noticing subtle similarities between this game and Dark Souls, which would explain why I like it so much. One thing I noticed is that both of these games have bosses with loot tied to specific hit zones (like the Bell Gargoyles in DS1 dropping an axe if you cut off their tail). That makes the fight more than just hitting the enemy until it dies; you also have to open up a window to attack them in the correct area for your desired items. Of course, this is used a lot more in Monster Hunter than in Dark Souls (pretty much every monster in MH has something you can cut off to get extra loot).

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: September 19, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »

Started playing Roundabout. Holy crap this game is so much fun.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: September 20, 2014, 04:35:18 AM »

http://bloodrizer.ru/games/kittens/

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: September 20, 2014, 07:20:50 AM »

Wasteland 2 is very gud
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5895 on: September 20, 2014, 08:05:17 AM »

SSB4 Demo on 3DS. Really fun, even with just a few characters and a single stage. It's gonna rock on Wii U (my target console).

Also got Animal Crossing New Leaf, which is fun. Have yet to get into a lot of it, so it just feels like plain AC at the moment. Wish I could customize my character from the beginning, though. :<

Conker534
« Reply #5896 on: September 20, 2014, 09:37:57 AM »

Smash 4 feels way better than I thought it would. It seemed like it'd play worse from videos and screenshots but its pretty satisfying to take stocks. I really can't wait for the full game, on the 3DS and the Wii U.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: September 20, 2014, 04:31:28 PM »

I've been enjoying Dragon Quest 7. I heard it started glacially slow. I liked the lack of combat the first two hours though. No kidding, that font is booty butt cheeks though.

I wanna get Wasteland 2.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: September 20, 2014, 04:48:26 PM »

im still having a lot of fun with wasteland 2 BUT: there is a lot of unavoidable combat in this game and the combat mechanics aren't great. id say the best things about the game are the writing and the setting. its in the zany b-movie inspired style of wasteland 1 and the old fallouts, no grimdark postapocalypse cliches.

also don't go in expecting some kind of unofficial fallout remake. there are obvious parallels to FO, but WL2 is its own thing and its also very much a sequel to WL1.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5899 on: September 20, 2014, 04:50:22 PM »

playing a dark room because i never did before

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic