Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:03:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902461 times)
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6180 on: November 25, 2014, 10:17:07 PM »

Dragon: The game. You fly around, breath fire and do other dragon things.

Great Early Access game, even if a bit buggy.

I liked the concept myself, waiting for them to put gameplay in before I try it.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: November 26, 2014, 06:43:10 AM »

Well, they said that price will rise when they get into beta so I'd suggest buying it now if you want to save some money.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: November 26, 2014, 07:17:53 AM »

Just finished playing Majora's Mask with my girlfriend in a few days a couple of days ago.

Now we both want to play it again.

So we will.

Also we went through Super Mario 64 and most of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

And some mobile thinking games.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6183 on: November 26, 2014, 08:31:32 AM »

Played and finished Resonance. I really liked the 4 playable character gimmick, it was explored rather well, specially since in general the world reacted differently to each of the characters. I also loved that the puzzles for the most part didnt require some Insane Troll Logic to get by, and while I got stuck over some puzzles, in the end, most of them were me overthinking stuff due to other adventure game bizarre habits on being obtuse. There are a few parts of the plots, specially in regards to the big bad that are a bit egregious, but overall it remains intriguing enough all the time. Highly recommended for adventure games fans

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: November 26, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »

i just bought sproggiwood, made by the same people as the very good and very underrated roguelike caves of qud. so far it seems like a nice attempt at a "casual" roguelike (not roguelikelikelikelikelike) with cute graphics.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: November 27, 2014, 02:40:03 PM »

The Long Dark -- easily one of my favorite games of 2014.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: November 27, 2014, 04:17:20 PM »

i dismissed that as yet another zombie game when i saw it in the steam sale at first. but now im reading there arent any zombies in it at all? fucking BOUGHT
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6187 on: November 27, 2014, 07:23:39 PM »

I kickstarted it, and i've been super pleased. First survival game I've played in a while that actually feels like one.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6188 on: November 27, 2014, 08:32:05 PM »

I reinstalled the old DayZ.
I've waited long enough for the stand-alone to live up to my nostalgic longing for DayZ.
So i'm going back to the source and lovin' it

dorf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: November 28, 2014, 12:42:40 AM »

MiniMetro and voar has catched my eye lately. Both casual games, but I like the concepts Smiley
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: November 28, 2014, 01:32:59 AM »

i dismissed that as yet another zombie game when i saw it in the steam sale at first. but now im reading there arent any zombies in it at all? fucking BOUGHT
Right? As soon as I saw thought, it was mine.  Waaagh!

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6191 on: November 28, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »

I tried playing This War Of Mine a few days ago. It really depressed me, especially since I am a part of the Balkans where the war from the game took place. Kids, if anyone tells you to go to any kind of war, just say no.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6192 on: November 28, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »

Is the Borderlands series worth playing? If so, where's the best place to start? First game?

darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: November 28, 2014, 03:43:52 PM »

I think Borderlands 2 is its peak for now. I've played first one at a friend's house and some sequences are luck-based. Haven't such issues with BL2.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: November 28, 2014, 05:49:02 PM »

Borderlands is great for the multiplayer. If you play it single player it's still fun, but I feel like the game loses a bit when you do (unusable class-specific loot, and you don't get the benefit of skills that boost teammates).

I haven't played the first one, and instead jumped straight to the second. You lose a little on the cameos by recurring characters, but otherwise you don't lose anything by skipping straight to the second one. The third one (the "Presequel") relies heavily on foreshadowing to events you already know happen in the second game, so you really lose a lot if you start there. The third game does a better job with the inter-character banter, though.

Pick up either the first or second game, and try to recruit a friend to play with you if you can.

The mechanics (class based FPS with randomized guns) are pretty unique, the game does a great job at being humorous, and the quests avoid typical fetch quest problems by adding interesting mechanics or gags to each one.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6195 on: November 29, 2014, 04:11:08 AM »

Is the Borderlands series worth playing? If so, where's the best place to start? First game?

Don't play the first game, the second game is everything the first game should have been.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: November 30, 2014, 07:15:49 AM »

Started exploring PC Engine\Turbografx library. Cant make CD games work though(
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6197 on: November 30, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »

Oh man Red Dead Redemption is pretty great, I'm playing the PS3 version which doesn't have the best graphics, but it's still a lot of fun to ride around on horseback shooting bandits and hunting animals.

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: November 30, 2014, 08:08:03 PM »

Prince of Persia SOT - Finished this recently - It did not age well but it's alright. If this still considered the peak of the series I won't bother with the sequels in the HD trilogy. Aside from the technical stuff (obnoxious camera) if you ignore the mediocre combat you're at least left with what feels like decent "platforming" and a few puzzles. It's kind of meh now but I guess it was a big deal at the time.

Dragon's Dogma - Hm. Maybe I'm doing-it-wrong because I'm not having the best time so far. The title sequence is so unbelievably Capcom I figured this would ultimately end well. Looks like the game has that MMO syndrome of endless quests that I'm prone to ignoring unless the subject/target is in the vicinity or clearly marked on the fucking map. I've leapt ahead several of these, following what I assume is the closest to a "main" quest, and found myself punished for it fighting these way, way overpowered worm bosses at the bottom of some catacombs. Lame. I've purchased what seems like good equipment for myself and drones so obviously it's obviously forcing my hand to either level up or find some exploitative ability for these enemies (magic?). Combat is pretty straight-forward I think, I feel like with the unlocked skills this will turn into something like Dynasty Warriors-meets-Monster Hunter. Also the constant dialogue/banter is a nuisance. Nobody has anything interesting to say, but I have to skip through text and listen to Pawn banter constantly so I'm turning voice volume off for my own sanity.

This game desperately needs fast-travel, I hope it's a thing.

Killzone 2 - Mechanically ok but not my thing. Tries pretty hard to be a bro-shooter.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - Nice, another good coffee-break game. I don't find it particularly addicting but pretty solid. The direction is kind of.. gross in this game, but it's easy not to notice when you're in the zone playing.

Oh man Red Dead Redemption is pretty great, I'm playing the PS3 version which doesn't have the best graphics, but it's still a lot of fun to ride around on horseback shooting bandits and hunting animals.

I thought the script was pretty enthralling and well executed.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:16:14 PM by Faust06 » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6199 on: November 30, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »

RE Dargons Dogma

Fast travel gets cheap with the Dark Arisen expansion in the for of lift stones and shit. The game can be hard in the beginning, but nearly everything can be beatable. I managed to kill wargs under the dark arisen dungeon in a way lower level than i should have. You need to badly exploit terrain and the enemy ai. Took me a hundreds of tries I admit as much. My first chimera was hell too.

I think the worm bosses you mean are way down an underground tower, beneath the large twon right? If so, you dealt the same issue with me, those are meant to be unbeatable and you have to run back to the exit. It took me a very long while and quite a load of tiems to realize that. I was very annoyed when I did.

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic